So what's the story behind your username/avatar?

Hazy992

Why does this place still exist
Aug 1, 2010
I like the word 'hazy' and I was born in 1992

Picked my avatar because I'm a big DBZ fan and my favourite character is Vegeta. Almost all my avatars involve Vegeta in some way.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
My username when I first joined The Escapist was "RocketPocket," but I didn't really care for it. After James Cameron's Avatar was released in theaters toward the end of 2009, I became a bit of what the internet would call an "Avatard" for a little while. Basically, I took the first letter of my first name, and added "of the Na'vi" to it, because I thought it rolled off the tongue rather well.

As for my avatar, it changes constantly. Right now though, it's a badass gif of Ghost Rider I found and edited/optimized for the Escapist.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Fappy was the name of my first WoW character who was a Feral "Kitty" Druid. Haven't played in over a year but I still use the name for things online. The avatar is Mao from Darker than Black. Why? Cause he's a fucking baller.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
My name is a jumble of letters and my avatar is a character I like.

Woo.

Ravison

Feb 9, 2011
Mine's from the World of Warcraft random name generator. =O

My avatar is Hei from Darker than Black because... Hei, why not?

Snippy the Shoe

Jun 23, 2012
Both are from the webcomic Romantically Apocalyptic.

The name is based on Pilot's monologue where he believes that Snippy is a shoe, and the avatar is the lifealope.

I also use it as one of my many wallpapers:

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
Mine is quite simple: I enjoy Doctor Who very, very much. And David Tennant is one of my favorite actors and a tremendous inspiration to me (as I'm in the process of building an acting career, I strive to be as ridiculously versatile as Tennant is).

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
My username comes from sounding kinda similar to name: Callum. That would sound silly to me though, if it wasn't for the fact I've had quite a few people completely misread Callum as Calcium in multiplayer... So yep, Calcium it is.

My avatar at the moment is just me - though I wrote a pretty simple program to split the image into basic colours. I like the picture and I like how my program made me look, so I'll be using this for a while. :)

Master_of_Oldskool

Sep 5, 2008
My avatar is, obviously, because I love Avenged Sevenfold. They are my absolute favorite band of all time.

My username is a reference to my preference for legacy consoles over current-gen. Also my tendency to accidentally rap (see the phrase "reference to my preference").

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Admittedly, I don't recall what started my interest in Necromancers when I first made this account, but I chose Jim as it seemed like the least intimidating name imaginable. No, it's not a reference to that book by Yahtzee, so shut up.

And the avatar is from a video from an old group I watched called Balloonshop

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
my name comes from a throwaway joke from the British comedy show, mock the week, i have used it for everything ever since, so if you ever see a Ramboondiea on the internet, there is a very good chance that its me, as i have never seen anyone else use it.

my avatar is just the templar logo from secret world back when i first heard about the gaem a few years ago i liked the description of templars so made it mu avatar, plus i wanted the badge

Samsa

Nov 24, 2011
My username is a reference to the main character in Franz Kafka's story The Metamorphosis: Gregor Samsa. And my avatar is the Unknown Pleasures album by Joy Division.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
My username? I was trying to think of names that weren't taken and sounded interesting, and a psychic taco fit both. 115 is my favorite number/song, so it made the cut too.

My avatar changes too, but always involves a taco in some way. Right now, it's President Taco with a mustache and a top hat as well

Golan Trevize said:
http://foundationseries.wikia.com/wiki/Golan_Trevize

And the avatar is me. :)
Foundation series reference?

*High Five*

The

Jan 24, 2012
I wanted a username that NO ONE would ever think to use. The. Just a simple word.
My avatar is a little icon of the Spy from Team Fortress 2.