So... what's your FAVORITE movie? No wishy-washy answers!

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
I mean it! None of that "I don't like to pick" bullcrap! What's the one movie that no matter what, no matter how many times you've seen it, you'll always enjoy watching it again?

Mine is Kung Fu Panda 2. Anyone who hasn't seen it is probably thinking "What?" But those who have should know why. It's not only a perfect example of exactly what a sequel SHOULD be (a continuation and escalation of the tale, rather than just trying to recapture what the previous movie did), but it's also just a fantastically well done film. The animation, the score, the characters, the voice performances, the comedy, the drama... all aspects of this film are just epic. Kung Fu Panda was great, but Kung Fu Panda 2 is what firmly cemented Dreamworks as on par if not just plain BETTER than Pixar at this point.

The trailer doesn't really do it justice, but eh, trailers rarely do.

-Mod edit: Please add why it's your favourite movie to avoid Low Content. Thanks!

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Aguirre the Wrath of God remains my favorite movie of all time. It may not be the bestest movie evah, but it's up there as one of the most beautiful and most haunting of the films I've seen.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Well, there are a bunch of movies I like watching again no matter what; The Lord of the Rings, a ton of Disney films, Snatch, Serenity, The Dark Knight...

Ugh, you really want me to pick one?

Alright, here's something nobody would be able to guess.

Though honestly, I'm unsure of whether I like the sequel more than the first or not. It's really pretty close.

SSJBlastoise

Dec 20, 2012
Hot Rod is easily my favourite movie, I've lost track of how many times I've seen it.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
It's been a while since I mentioned it, so here goes: The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption. Hands down, the most enjoyable movie I've ever seen.

Nov 28, 2007
It is a toss-up between The Usual Suspects and Shawshank Redemption for me. Shawshank had a great story and damn near perfect acting from everyone, but Usual Suspects had great acting from the main characters and a story that actually improved upon rewatching.

Karoshi

Jul 9, 2012
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (American version)

Something about this movie just clicked. The flashbacks, old photos, cold winter and a tedious investigation. I just really loved it for some reason.

The Swedish version might be not bad, but the actress that they cast as Lisbeth just didn't look as I imagined her.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Conan the Barbarian ('82). The whole thing, from the amazing soundtrack, to the visual styles and the absolute brutal feel of the fight scenes is just perfect for me. Arnold's acting is also pretty good as he keeps his mouth shut for the most part.

Lynx

Jul 24, 2009
Hmmmmmmm... There are so many movies that I absolutely LOVE (Batman trilogy, Avengers, X-men: First Class, Hunger Games, Princess Mononoke, and so on...) but if I had to pick only one I'd say Fight Club. I've watched that movie probably more than ten times, and I could watch it ten times again.

King Billi

Jul 11, 2012
I'll have to say Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, It was one of my favourite films as a kid and it hasn't become any less impressive as I've grown older.

It's interesting actually as I've certainly seen much more impressive and diverse films over the years and there are plenty which I'd be able to call my favourite for much more in depth and articulate reasons than this one but by the pure simple requirement of "rewatchability" this really was the only logical choice.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Gone in 60 seconds. The Nick Cage version.

It doesn't have the best action or the best storyline or the best acting or the best music. All of those happen to be pretty good and I think they make the whole greater than the sum of the parts.

Oh, and Vinnie Jones headbutts somebody's fist. That's pretty badass.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Dawn of the Dead(original) I watched that movie to death. Its my fav of the Zed genre beating even Day and even though i've watched it alot i still wish Roger wouldn't get bit and Flyboy would make the jump into the vent.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
Swallowtail Butterfly. I love this movie so much that I bought it on VHS and region 3 DVD, even though I have no device for either of them.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
I'm gonna have Four Catagories: Eastern Live Action, Western Live Action, Eastern Animated, Western Animated.

Eastern Live Action:

It's a funny movie with gangsters and some pretty cool martial arts, watched it in early High School at a party and I laughed so hard. Watching it again a few days ago, it had the same effect

Western Live Action:

Clint Eastwood is a great actor, and I love Spaghetti Westerns. With an interesting plot and decent characters it's a great film (Tuco even steals the spotlight from Eastwood at points).

Eastern Animated:

I'm a sucker for a good romance, and I could connect with the main characters in this movie. The dialogue is well written, and the music and animation is absolutely stunning.

Western Animated:

A movie of one of my favorite comics of all time with the art done by the author/artist himself? Sign me the hell up. Having buried myself in this comic for years, when I first saw the movie I was so happy that I couldn't stop watching it.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Aguirre the Wrath of God remains my favorite movie of all time. It may not be the bestest movie evah, but it's up there as one of the most beautiful and most haunting of the films I've seen.
Holy Hellfire, one answer in and already we have Werner Herzog.
You have my respect sir/Ma'm, and my utmost sympathies.

My favourite movie of all time, as I mentioned in the Good Movie Communicast, which you totally should go listen to right now, is Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans.
It's a Werner Herzog movie, featuring Nicolas Cage as the main character. And it's one of those movies in which Cage reminds us why he has a goddamn Oscar, despite playing a batshit insane character.
Everyone should watch this movie.

BleedingPride

Aug 10, 2009
Mine is a tie between Guy Ritchie's "Snatch", which was probably one of the most hilarious movies I've ever seen, and Tombstone, simply because Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday was the best thing ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u5A0H6PkqE

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Der Himmel über Berlin really engrossed me in what film can be as an art form and reflection of society and its interactions.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
The Lord of the Rings triology. I could rewatch those anytime, anywhere... as long as I've got a lot of free time

jollybarracuda

Oct 7, 2011
Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Bam. It's the only movie I can watch repeated times over the course of my life and still find absolutely hilarious. And while it may not be the deepest, or most thought-provoking movie, it just makes you feel happy when you watch.

nomzy

Jan 29, 2010
Black Hawk Down.
I have a military fetish or whatever they're calling it now. :mad:
Conversely though the runner ups would be both The Notebook and The Man from Earth, both of which are pretty much polar opposites to Black Hawk Down. /shrug