So... what's your FAVORITE movie? No wishy-washy answers!

Jeremy Skitz

Jul 1, 2009
I love a lot of movies but I will pick one that I haven't seen anyone write down yet:

Waynes world!

It makes me laugh every time no matter how many times I watch it, great music too!

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
This is a really tough question, but if I had to choose one....hmmm. I will say Letters from Iwo Jima I suppose.

pilf

Apr 23, 2008
Luc Besson's Nikita (or La Femme Nikita to give it's full name). I first saw this film two years ago for my film studies A-level and it quickly became a personal (and class) favourite.

I don't want to give to much away because I fear I may start dropping spoilers all over the place, but the main point of the narrative is that protagonist Nikita is sentenced to death. This is all a cover to give her a second chance at life, but ultimate transform her into a perfect government agent.

Some of you may have seen the Hollywood remake 'The Assasin/Point of No Return', starring Bridget Fonda, or any of the numerous TV shows based on Besson's film, but all pale in comparison to the original French film.

One scene which is forever embedded in my mind is the following with Victor 'the cleaner' played by Jean Reno, a brilliant badass.

(I couldn't find a video in French and it seems to lose some of it's charm, but the scene the same so I guess it doesn't matter)

APLovecraft

Jan 13, 2010
hmmmmm anchorman cos its the funniest thing ive ever seen and always cheers me up

on another note ive just watched the conan remake with khal drogo and i rather liked it

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Ocean's Eleven (2001)
Great, pacing, great acting, great cinematography...It's just one of the smoothest movie experiences I've ever had.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
Without a doubt, "Mystic River."
It's a masterpiece: brilliant direction from Clint Eastwood (who was a decent actor, but is a godlike director), phenomenal acting performances by Sean Penn, Kevin Bacon, and especially Tim Robbins, and a beautifully atmospheric musical score.

It features what might be the most chilling scene in all of cinema:
<youtube=O602cHfnmXw>

I absolutely adore this movie, and if anyone reading this hasn't seen it, correct that right this moment.
"Sometimes I think that all three of us got in that car."

elilupe

Jun 1, 2009
Definitely Fantastic Mr. Fox, directed by the great Wes Anderson. God I love that movie.

Bleidd Whitefalcon

Mar 8, 2012
MorganL4 said:
The Blues Brothers........ Plan and simple, great comedy, great music, great car chases.........

I kinda feel like I just won the thread.....
Goddamn ninjas >.>

All of what he said. Plus I love just how much love they put into the film - it really shows. I've watched it about 10 times.

AT God

Dec 24, 2008
Shoot Em' Up. It isn't the best movie ever made, and I it isn't the best movie I have seen, but like 12 people are killed in the first 4 minutes and thats the slowest part of the movie. The entire movie is people being shot in over the top ways. I enjoyed every minute of the film. GO SEE IT NOW

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
How has the Shawshank Redemption not made every single post on this list?!

Seriously, if you haven't seen it yet, it is a film you absolutely HAVE to see before you die, in fact I think seeing it may actually prevent you from dying for some period of time, because your life is just that much better for having seen it.

Oh, and the warriors and fight club take my number 2 and 3 slots, but they don't even come close to the perfection that is Shawshank Redemption.

Dascylus

May 22, 2010
LGC Pominator said:

Seriously, if you haven't seen it yet, it is a film you absolutely HAVE to see before you die, in fact I think seeing it may actually prevent you from dying for some period of time, because your life is just that much better for having seen it.
I could say the same about Blade Runner. A true sci-fi drama with enough action to keep the pace and the replicants being some of the most human characters.
A haunting soundtrack too.

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
Dascylus said:
LGC Pominator said:

I could say the same about Blade Runner. A true sci-fi drama with enough action to keep the pace and the replicants being some of the most human characters.
A haunting soundtrack too.
Not to mention the best line from Rutger Hauer in movie history... and that includes the Sam Niel Merlin movie!
the "Tears in the rain" line is brilliant (and apparently ad libbed)

Also somehow reminds me of this diamond from FiW "if it ever learned the truth about itself, it would probably go on a violent existential rampage through the town! That's why, if you ever discover one of your friends is a robot, you must report them immediately so that they can be destroyed!"

Captcha: yes, this is dog
the hell?!

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
Dark City. It's full of big, insanely implausible scifi and finishes with a giant DBZ-style fight between 2 demigods. All wrapped in a smokey steampunk setting where eras and styles are blended together in a way rarely seen outside of a Batman flick.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
For me it has to be Pulp Fiction, that movie is pure genious!
Just found a friend who hasn't seen it so that gives me a good reason to watch it again :D

jhoroz

Mar 7, 2012
It's impossible for me to pick a favourite movie, but if I was stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere, I'd probably have to pick the entire extended trilogy of Lord of the Rings(I count it as one movie, and yes, I do know that's cheating :p)

bojackx

Nov 14, 2010
By "No wishy-washy answers" I would have thought just posting your favourite movie would be enough, but everyone who does that gets a warning, so I guess I have to include this arbitrary addition to my post to avoid a low content warning.

The Dark Knight.