So... what's your FAVORITE movie? No wishy-washy answers!

Squiddles

Feb 11, 2013
Either the movie "Milk" (more of a biographical film than anything else) or "Little Miss Sunshine" as my favorite movie of all time. Slightly favoring "Milk" though, never heard of Harvey Milk before watching this movie but now I'm just glad that I was able to learn about that point in time and this man, which hasn't really happened to me before after sitting through a movie.

Violator[xL]

Nov 14, 2007
Watchmen, it made a great comic into an awesome movie. Also Adam's Apples. Because Scandinavian black humour is so much better then sticking your dick into a pie.

DoctorImpossible

Jan 18, 2013
LGC Pominator said:
How has the Shawshank Redemption not made every single post on this list?!
Shawshank's actually my #2. It's pretty perfect. And unlike Raiders (which virtually everyone has seen) I've had the pleasure of introducing a fair number of people to it. I get almost as much satisfaction from watching a Shawshank noob's reactions as I do from the film itself.

OManoghue

Dec 12, 2008
Angie7F said:
Young Adult. I think Charlize Throne is amazing.
But not amazing enough to learn how to spell her name?

My personal favorite is 'Silence of the Labs'. Great actors delivering great performances along with an unsettling sound track. I don't think I've ever even seen another Jodie Foster film.

SwampCandle

Nov 3, 2008
The Departed.
Yes I know it's a remake of Infernal Affairs, but it's some of the finest directing from Scorsese, has a killer soundtrack, and some of the best acting I've seen commited to film. Seriously, I think this is the defining moment for Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Leonardo Di Caprio, Martin Sheen & especially Mark Whalberg & Alec Baldwin (Their double-act is brilliant... In fact Mark Whalberg has easily the most likeable character in the film).

EclipseoftheDarkSun

Sep 11, 2009
The movies I rewatch the most are musicals, I enjoy singing along with them. I don't have one single favourite that eclipses everything else, but.. out of musicals, one example is 'The Wall' by Pink Floyd. Out of conventional movies, I've watched V: for Vendetta a lot, so that's definitely one of my big faves, but it's up there with a few others that don't immediately spring to Mind. Most movies I don't watch more than once.

I definitely loved the animated film 'Megamind', since I watched it three times at the movies (with different friends), at most I've watched other movies twice e.g. The Hobbit.

prophecy2514

Nov 7, 2011
Oh gotta be gladiator, can watch this film anytime and not be sick of it

Yes, that's right maximus

I am most certainly entertained

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
CommanderL said:
starwars episode 5 the empire strikes back I have watched it so many times and each time I love it more its amazing
At first I was thinking Fear & Loathing but that might be it.
If stranded on a small island with nothing else, I'd probably rather be stuck with Empire Strikes Back for my movie and Tom Waits' Rain Dogs for my album.
I'd be fucked if I could only choose one book.

Excelsior789

Nov 15, 2011
StarWars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. The best starwars movie in my opinion. You learn the most about the characters and it has some pretty tense scenes. I'm a sucker for a good sci-fi classic. (also no fucking ewoks)

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
The Hangover. great story, great actors, funny, cool, good pacing, good chemistry between characters, great plot and all in all great movie. right up my wheelhouse.

(do not believe i am also taking about the hangover 2, that movie was by my standards....please don't make me explain further)

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
Cabin in the Woods. I can rewatch that till the end of the world. The 3rd act, Mayhem!!! and I love it.

Other then that, i can rewatch (without getting bored) Strangeland, Friday the 13th (all movies), Hellraiser (1,2,3 & Inferno), Nightmare on Elm st (All) and most zombie movies.

MPerce

May 29, 2011
Spirited Away.

Great characters, strangely enthralling story, the best music score of any film ever and just flat out phenomenal animation. It's the master thesis of one of the greatest filmmakers of the modern era.

furai47

Nov 18, 2009

Banlieue 13. It has cliches, the action is bananas, the story is as typical as it gets, and it all works. It's just bloody fun to watch.
Also, it's french.
It was either this or Taxi 2. I just love Luc Besson.

byte4554_v1legacy

Feb 23, 2010
Some of my favorites are superheros movies, and the occasional old western (remake). For example, I love Captain America, and I love the True Grit remake.
As for my favorite, it would have to be UHF with Wierd Al. The story was hilarous, the charecters were zany (I can't believe that I just used that word), and the parody dream sequences/commercials were stellar. In summary:
Ghandi 2, Conan the Librarian, and:
Wheel Of FISH! Stoopid! You so stoopid!

GameChanger

Sep 5, 2011
There is one very specific movie I loved and loved and loved as a kid.

And thinking about it made me search for it on Youtube.

And it's still great. It's not particularly deep, but it's my idea of a perfect movie. Everything in it was done right.

Treasure Planet. A perfect mix of Science Fiction and Victorian Era styles. Flawless in the execution of the story line. Marvelous in its spectacular animation. Great characterization, great action scenes and great personal character moments set in a detailed universe. It's the definitive proof that Sci-Fi doesn't have to be realistic to make a world work.

The elements that made this movie so entertaining on a personal level were especially design things. The way an ancient planet is overgrown with fungi makes sense, or how the ships are actual ships, in SPACE, can actually be more cool than you thought. The movie often hints at other strange, exotic and beautiful locations set in the universe it creates, and just thinking about it filled me with a sense of adventure and mystery. Knowing that there was a universe full of adventure in there.

Yes. This movie deserved more in the end. Shame that it was such a bomb at the box office.

I would kill for a sequel to this movie.

Slyaap

Feb 19, 2013
The Lost Boys. I watched it when I was young and even then I realised the impact that it had on me. It's not a great film in terms of cinematography and it's certainly not oscar material (!) but it struck a chord in me that never really stopped thrumming.
For a kid that came from a family that had nothing and had seen the death of several family members this film had it all. The themes of eternal love, having fun with no regrets and being able to make your enemies vanish with ease were powerful, and it was probably the first instance where I wanted the "bad guys" to win. After all, how could the characters go back to a mundane existence of school-work-death after touching something that was greater than them.
True, these were old school 'real' vampires with fangs and all who killed for fun. Not the wishy-washy twilight....erm....vampires from nowadays.
But then again, sleep all day, party all night, never grow old, never die. Aren't a few missing people a small price to pay for such a life?....
I miss the 80's.

Fredvdp

Apr 9, 2009
Raiders of the Lost Ark

I like the action, comedy and mystery. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is a close second. I love the father-son relationship.

Jellly

Sep 22, 2010
Cloud Atlas, no question about it. No other movie has managed to affect my psyche to such a degree. It really is not as confusing as people make it out to be sometimes, you just need to keep an open mind and pay attention a little. Also the soundtrack is freaking amazing. 10/10 Would watch again.

Zantos

Jan 5, 2011
Well, there are a lot of films that I like, and a lot of time it's like comparing apples to racism. But I'm going to have to say for my love of it's story, characters, cast, soundtrack, interesting portrayals of violence and best use of Mark Wahlberg, it's got to be 'The Departed'.