So... what's your FAVORITE movie? No wishy-washy answers!

-KC-

Jul 15, 2010
My favorite movies: Forrest Gump, The Godfather, Legends Of The Fall, Meet Joe Black, Apocalypto, Avatar. With Forrest Gump being my all time favorite by far.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Lynx said:
Hmmmmmmm... There are so many movies that I absolutely LOVE (Batman trilogy, Avengers, X-men: First Class, Hunger Games, Princess Mononoke, and so on...) but if I had to pick only one I'd say Fight Club. I've watched that movie probably more than ten times, and I could watch it ten times again.
Are you kidding? When I was a kid, I watched that film almost 10 time a week (I wish I was joking).

For me though, it's Robocop. It's clever on so many levels, great dialog, can be enjoyed as either throw-away entertainment crap, or a film deeper than possibly originally implied. It's funny, action packed, well acted, some of the best editing by even today's standards, and has some genuinely touching moments, something of a rarity from a sci-fi movie.

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
I can't pick just one!? Nooooo!!! Jet Li's Fearless! No no no wait. The Blue's Brothers. No wait, that one was ninja'd. Ghost in the Shell! Dammit! Jet Li's Fearless. Has to be. Great Martial Arts movie.

Kal-Adam

May 7, 2010
Hands down, my favorite movie is Pulp Fiction .

So much about this film appeals to me. The structure of the writing, all of the new details you notice every time you watch it, an all-star class preforming at their best, the absurd humor, and the sheer brilliance that couldn't be pulled off by anyone than Quentin Tarantino.

I just love this movie! :D

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
Hot Fuzz

Every time I watch it I notice some clue that I missed before...it's one of those movies that I can watch over and over again and laugh every time. It has perfectly written dialogue, action, gore and laughs!

Here's a great (gory) scene!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BavTQmiA9mc [/youtube]

GlorySeeker

Oct 6, 2010
Trainspotting. I will watch this movie time and time and time again. of course, I could list a good many other movie, but right now, Trainspotting. Being a huge Ewan McGregor fan helps, but man this movie is good. If you havent seen it, do so.

ShoryukenDude

Mar 24, 2009
Shaun of the Dead. I first watched it back before I really 'got' many of the references and little details that went into it, but the overall humor and writing has repeatedly brought me back for multiple viewings. And it helps now that I actually get the aforementioned references, which only enhances my enjoyment of the film.

xshadowscreamx

Dec 21, 2011
the warriors/ so dig that

the simplicity
art style
awesome era
classic tale of survival

2nd place ghostbusters.. i can watch that forever

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
V for Vendetta.
It has so much depth and can be interpreted in so many different ways, I still see new things every time I watch it. It also adheres to the original comic book rather well, something that is getting more and more difficult as time goes on =|

HoneyVision

Jan 4, 2013
V for Vendetta is my favourite too. Most people criticize it for being too unrealistic or 2 dimensional, but I think I appreciate more like that, as a graphic and vivid display of human nature.

Kill Bill would be a close second for me. Both volumes.

DoctorImpossible

Jan 18, 2013
grey_space said:
Highlander. A Frenchman playing a Scotsman and a Scotsman playing an Egyptian from Spain.

With swords and the best soundtrack ever.

It's a kinda Magic.
It's very good. It won the Academy Award.

Ieyke

Jul 24, 2008
Roman Holiday.
Yes, really.

Followed by:
Tron:Legacy
Fight Club
Army Of Darkness
Iron Man
Scott Pilgrim VS The World
The Blues Brothers
Gladiator

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
One of my all time favorite films? Well, you'll hate me for this. A lot. It's gotta be "Crank: High Voltage"

Totally not making this up, it's one of my all time favorites. Love the script, love the cinematography, the way it was edited, the gags. I dare call it post-postmodernism at its best. Neveldine/Taylor know how to make something fresh. Furthermore, this is more of a "video game movie" than any other video game movie has ever been, complete with video game logic.

tonka7794

Mar 15, 2013
100 percent my favorite movie is lord of the ring the two towers for some reason though most of the music throughout the trilogy is about the same and as spectacular as it is i find that it sets up a very ominous stage for the return of the king. Also the one thing that LOTR is know for is its panoramic screen shots id have to say the two towers has to be the most visually stunning

Odinsson

Jun 11, 2011
Hot Fuzz.

There are movies I like more that this one, but on any given day of the week, I can pick up my DVD of Hot Fuzz and I know I will be entertained and laugh my arse off. The writing is excellent, and it's actually a good action film as well as a comedy.

King Aragorn

Mar 15, 2013
Kal-Adam said:
Hands down, my favorite movie is Pulp Fiction .

So much about this film appeals to me. The structure of the writing, all of the new details you notice every time you watch it, an all-star class preforming at their best, the absurd humor, and the sheer brilliance that couldn't be pulled off by anyone than Quentin Tarantino.

I just love this movie! :D
Yeah, it's probably up there in mine too. Tarantino's best, easily. Great writing, the unique and entertaining order of the actual film, all coming with good characters and great acting.

nincrony

Aug 18, 2011
Princess Mononoke. I remember watching it for the first time, when I was getting into anime as a young teenager, and enjoying, but not quite getting, it. As the years have gone by, it is a film that has moved up in my estimations as I began to notice the subtler details of the story and characters. To the point where I came to the realization last summer that it is my favourite film. The story, characters, animation, music and direction are all stunning and subtlety realized. I always notice something new or a different way of looking at it when I watch it. Excellent dub cast/script as well, though I vouch for the Japanese version.

theparsonski

May 29, 2010
In Bruges - possibly the best balance of comedy and drama I've ever seen in a film. Neither aspect feels like an add-on to the other, the performances are fantastic, it's immensely quotable and has one of the best death scenes in cinema in it (in my opinion).

Also, there are some amazing insults to boot:

<youtube=xB7BWvD5B5Y>

<youtube=zWjjViJzfCU>