So who was your top "Never going to be in Smash Brothers" character?

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
I think everybody has at least one Nintendo character they absolutely love and really would have liked to have seen in Smash Brothers but...it's just not going to happen. Maybe someday, but who can say? Probably not.

For me that character is Prince Fluff from Kirbys Epic Yarn.

I mean he wouldn't be a Kirby clone or anything, since the entire game of Epic Yarn was kind of showcasing that Kirby didn't have any of his usual abilities. I think Prince Fluff could have a really fun and unique move set to himself. (I kinda like the idea of Paper Mario for the same reason, but for the sake of this topic I'll stick with one character and give it to Prince Fluff)

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Mine will never happen since it's not a Nintendo game, but the "player character" from loco roco would be hilarious to throw in there as a campaign boss or something. Where the stage itself is the enemy.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Coincidentally, I also have a character from a platforming series that I've wanted to see in a Smash title for a while now:

Estelia, from Rayman: Legends! She's one of the unlockables, but I just like the festive design. The platformer being as polished as it is, I think any Rayman character would fit in pretty well, and if anybody's getting into Smash first, it's probably Rayman.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
I'm going with a character that is still possible to appear, but in all likelihood, will never grace the smash fields.

Yep. Shadow the Hedgehog would be a great addition to the Smash Bros. roster.

Aside from him being fast (though not as fast as Sonic), he is also very strong, and has a large array of attacks to choose from (Chaos Blast, Chaos Control, Chaos Spear, etc.). It just seems like a good idea to include a character that by all means looks like a clone in concept, but is really unique. It would remind me of Mewtwo in terms of fighting style and control.

Notshauna

May 12, 2014
I've always wanted Ridley though I guess I can't count him since he's one of the rumored characters (from the guy behind the recent leaks), so I'll have to go with a really out of left field character, Chandra from Magic. I just feel like a pyromancer could feel like a lot of fun in Smash.

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Mine already happened: Solid Snake.

The famous story i have told before is that once, when i was still in primary school, i said it would be awesome if Snake was in Smash Brothers (I was a big MGS fan as i had a ps1 at the time). My friends said that it would never happen and laughed it off.

And then the Brawl Trailer happened...and i started to get paranoid if Brawls creators were spying on me.

Avalanche91

Jan 8, 2009
I would have killed for Banjo & Kazooie in brawl. Their moveset practically writes itself. Sadly, we must bid our adieu to Rare and all their IP's as Microsoft is still making them work on Kinect titles. Or was that Killer Instinct reboot/remake/sequel they did any good?

Point is, no Banjo & Kazooie.

SilverBullets000

Apr 11, 2012
Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno Geno-

Oh, come on Square-Enix! You aren't doing anything with him! Just give him back to Nintendo already! The guy has a wide variety of moves he could use from the one damn game he was in! It would also allow him to be in ANOTHER GAME as a playable character instead of a freakin' cameo! AUUUUUUGH!

Danny Dowling

May 9, 2014
Crash Bandicoot
Koopa Trooper
Rayman as he is in Legends/Origins.

I'm trying to think of other Nintendo franchises that could house a character... maybe the sumo thing from Pullblox/Pushmo?

And Simon Belmont designed after his rendition in Super Castlevania IV. Just cause that game is top brass.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes. Yes there are several resons why he can't be in it but there was time when No More Heroes was exclusive to the Wii which could of validate his place in SSBB.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
Grit from advance wars. That would just be hilarious. But I know it would be dumb as hell if it happened.

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
CrimsonBlaze said:
Not possible I'm afraid simply because Sonic got in as a fan choice and outreach to Sega. They're never going to put in other sonic characters because it's not part of Nintendo, the actual point of the game.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
I'm cheating because they aren't Nintendo characters but I would love to see both Spyro the Dragon and Wrack-It-Ralph.
Yeah.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
If it ever happened, her final smash is obvious. Her older sister, Cremia, will come charging in on her horse drawn cart to knock everyone out of the way and maybe hand Romani a nice bottle of health restoring milk, too.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
As of right now, Serperior the Pokemon. I had my hopes after Charizard and Greninja were shown off, I assumed there would be a final evo grass starter fighter to finish the starter type trio. However, if there were to be a grass fighter, it would probably be Sceptile since it's getting a mega form. It would help promote the Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

Isaac from Golden Sun would be another great choice. Though I feel like there was always been a good chance for him to make it in. He was an assist trophy in Brawl after all. Maybe next time. :/

Edit: I totally forgot about Mask Link! He would be able to switch between Deku, Goron, and Zora forms with the Fierce Deity form as a final smash. It just makes too much sense.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Infernai said:
Mine already happened: Solid Snake.
*sigh*

Dr. Crawver said:
Grit from advance wars. That would just be hilarious. But I know it would be dumb as hell if it happened.
Yeah. Although, I prefer Gage (pretty much entirely because we share the same name). Still, He'd be a sweet assist trophy. Or fuck it, we can invite Sensei too. :)

OT: I'm always happy when they add more Fire Emblem characters, but I'd wish they put ones in that were side characters rather than the bland main characters they always use.

Erk and Serra as ice climber replacements anyone?

Kinitawowi

Nov 21, 2012

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Still Zoroark. The fact that it's yet another Pokémon notwithstanding, I imagine its signature ability of "Illusion" would make an almost perfect excuse for a 'randomized' character like Charade (Soul Calibur) with some potential for temporarily breaking the charade. That makes it interesting in my books (What? I enjoy randomized characters)