So who's really gonna get gears of war 3?

Helios_(DEL)

Mar 22, 2010
So far for me the plot for 1 was almost nothingness although good atmosphere and at the time good game mechs.
And i heard 2 had bigger boss fights
So what about the 3rd game interests you to make a purchase?

FallenRainbows

Feb 22, 2009
(Grammar, it is your friend)

As for the record; I am, It looks like an improvement, specifically multilayer wise the story may not be brilliant but it is definitely fun (for me and my friends at least), and that's what gaming is about.

Also;

WHO WANTS TOAST!

Matt King

Mar 15, 2010
[quote="McCa" post="9.266947.10190361

WHO WANTS TOAST![/quote]

I DO I DO I DO,

OT. i thought the first two were at least fun to play, so i'm gonna at least try it

Cyd0n1a

Jul 15, 2009
I may get it eventually when it hits the bargain bin. The first two installments were a load of fun to play through in co-op.

Helios_(DEL)

Mar 22, 2010
McCa said:
(Grammar, it is your friend)

As for the record; I am, It looks like an improvement, specifically multilayer wise the story may not be brilliant but it is definitely fun (for me and my friends at least), and that's what gaming is about.

Also;

WHO WANTS TOAST!
sorry hope thats better, i didnt prof read it

Dublin Solo

Feb 18, 2010
I fully intend to buy Gears of War 3, and play it for days. I just love the coop, though playing single is nice too.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I am getting it release date most likely.

What do I like about Gears of War?

The world it is set in, it is actually quite deep, although this isn't shown very often.
The atmosphere (1 more than 2), it felt like humanity was on the edge of extinction.
The artistic style.
The combat system, it's one of the only games to get cover based combat right.
The multiplayer will probably be pretty good as well.

GOW3 is the finale of the trilogy, as someone has loved the first two it's a no brainer that I'd get it unless I thought they were screwing it up. Which I don't.

My only dislike of GOW is that it doesn't come across how Epic intend it to, they try and make it serious (and in the books they succeed very well), but then they throw in a load of cliché machismo crap that really doesn't fit the theme they have gone for.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
I haven't been enthused by what I have seen of the series so far, I don't think number three will be any different.

I'm just not interested in the oversized characters and their far to gory weapons.

Helios_(DEL)

Mar 22, 2010
Glademaster said:
I don't know if you are dyslexic or a non native but having Google toolbar with spellcheck can help spelling. You're on your own for the grammar.

OT: I will be buying it as I have enjoyed all others but that section with the specimens in the 2[sup]nd[/sup] annoyed me slightly and the pointless vehicle section.
what have i spelt wrong and whats wrong with the grammar? ,i typed this relaxed sorry it annoyed you so much

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Helios_(DEL) said:
Glademaster said:
I don't know if you are dyslexic or a non native but having Google toolbar with spellcheck can help spelling. You're on your own for the grammar.

OT: I will be buying it as I have enjoyed all others but that section with the specimens in the 2[sup]nd[/sup] annoyed me slightly and the pointless vehicle section.
what have i spelt wrong and whats wrong with the grammar, i typed this relaxed sorry it annoyed you so much
Not that it bothered me that much, but you asked; the bold part is how it should look if you wanted it to be correct:

Helios_(DEL) said:
So far for me the plot for 1 was almost nothingness although good atmosphere and at the time good game mechs.
And i herd 2 had bigger boss fights
So what about the 3rd game interests you to make a purchace?

For me the plot for Gears of War was almost non-existent, although it had good atmosphere and at the time, good game mechanics. I heard that Gears 2 had bigger boss fights though.

Helios_(DEL)

Mar 22, 2010
Legion said:
Helios_(DEL) said:
Glademaster said:

what have i spelt wrong and whats wrong with the grammar, i typed this relaxed sorry it annoyed you so much
Not that it bothered me that much, but you asked; the bold part is how it should look if you wanted it to be correct:

Helios_(DEL) said:
And i herd 2 had bigger boss fights
So what about the 3rd game interests you to make a purchace?

For me the plot for Gears of War was almost non-existent, although it had good atmosphere and at the time, good game mechanics. I heard that Gears 2 had bigger boss fights though.

I appreciate the layout but like i said i typed it relaxed and im a tad tired but the next time ill make more of an effort.I prefer how you went about it rather then asking me if i was dyslexic.Thank you

Numina Infuscata

Aug 24, 2010
Gears is fun =]
Hell, its an EPIC game =D
It is suppost to be over the top awesome and "rargh!!!" =]
I never felt more like a man than when me and Howard cut our way out of that massive rift-wurm =D
We both rargh-ed while we wanked each other off and complained about women =P

EDIT : So I will get it when we drops in price =]

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I'm not even slightly interested in that busload of retard-sterone. I might, MIGHT, play a multiplayer round or three in a friends house if they ever get it.

northeast rower

Dec 14, 2010
The first I loved because it was my first purchase for the 360 (along with Oblivion) and the graphics blew me away at the time. Fucking sweet multiplayer, too.

The second I loved because it threw in a better color pallete (but not by much), a better story, and improved game mechanics.

I feel like I will love the third because it has astounding graphics, multiplayer (Beast AND Horde mode? Yes.) and that it will be a conclusion to the series, which obviously makes me want to like it.

Meggiepants

Not a pigeon roost
Jan 19, 2010
It's fun. So I will be getting it.

I don't really pay attention to the stories in most shooters, tbh. They make about as much sense as any script written by twelve drunk people.

But it is fun, and that's all that matters for me.

bloob

Feb 10, 2008
The Gear games have been great so far i have seen no reason why the third one will be any different. The changes to the multiplayer hopefully will make match making a lot easier, quicker and less laggy which previously have been the only downside to the online multiplayer. It will be an enjoyable game at the very least so i see no reason not to get it

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Probably getting it on launch.

Although it may become a joke for it's over the top...""""manliness"""" or whatever you call it, both the first and the second game were really really good, with decently long campaigns that mixed things up enough to never really get stale, and good gameplay.

And while it always saddened me how the Story in GOW 1 was almost nonexistent, especially since the artbook of the game (got the collectors edition) is full of VERY interesting backstory, since GOW 2 the story is at least good and somewhat unique* enough that i want to see it to the end.

Yeah, most of the plot is a classic adventure/war/macho-heroism tale that offers nothing REALLY new, but it's fairly interesting that in the bigger picture, the events in both games made things progressively WORSE for the human side, who in the light of the backstory somewhat deserves to slowly grow extinct.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
As long as I have the money im buying myself a ticket to the Cole train BABY!