So who's really gonna get gears of war 3?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Not I. I played about three hours of Gears of War and got sick of the endless grey. I can't think of any other game where I quit largely because of boredom with a monotone color palette.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well we got ME3 coming out so that covers my 3rd person shooter needs.

I just prefer something with story and color

Idiotastic

Mar 21, 2010
Of course,only for the engaging story filled with unexpected plot twists and original characters,tough!
That was a joke.

I'll get it,if only for the fun I get out of co-op.

Maybe I'll try the multiplayer,this time.

Sep 14, 2009
well considering the first two games gave me the best bit of co op i have played literally in over a decade, hell yes i will be buying!

(unfortunately my 360 was having problems so i sold it, i'll just borrow a friends when that game comes out)

but really though, im interested in the third one for sure, i've always preferred TPS and like i said CO-OP is my favorite mode by far so that's gotta be filled with win in this third game.

AnAngryMoose

Nov 12, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
well considering the first two games gave me the best bit of co op i have played literally in over a decade, hell yes i will be buying!

(unfortunately my 360 was having problems so i sold it, i'll just borrow a friends when that game comes out)

but really though, im interested in the third one for sure, i've always preferred TPS and like i said CO-OP is my favorite mode by far so that's gotta be filled with win in this third game.
Can't forget the bots to go with it!

Aren't they also planning on four-player splitscreen?

Sep 14, 2009
AnAngryMoose said:
gmaverick019 said:

Can't forget the bots to go with it!

Aren't they also planning on four-player splitscreen?
ah yes, they do actually do very good bots, they basically take everything awesome from the 90's, and put them into modern games

that would be awesome if they do 4 player splitscreen..i have no idea the details on that though.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
I don't want it.

I've seen some screenshots, and even though I usually reserve judgment on games before they're out...

But dear God...what have they done?

migo

Jun 27, 2010
I'm not gonna bother. The controls are better suited to a keyboard and mouse than a gamepad, and the gameplay grows stale fairly quickly. There's a reason Epic moved to Bulletstorm.

New Troll

Mar 26, 2009
Definitely have no plans. Not really into shooters. Didn't care for the first one. Hated the second one. And with getting KillZone 3 for free, and actually liking it, my co-op shooter library is already over-flowing.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
My only dislike of GOW is that it doesn't come across how Epic intend it to, they try and make it serious (and in the books they succeed very well), but then they throw in a load of cliché machismo crap that really doesn't fit the theme they have gone for.[/quote]

i thought they did it quite well personally, you get typical machoism in wars you know. OT: i am, i loved the fun you got in the first 2 even if multiplayer blew, they were fun to play with friends so why the hell not?

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
I'm getting it, if nothing else then for the Horde/Beast mode. Hell, me and a bunch of buddies still get together once a week to play Horde in Gears 2, got that is a fun game mode.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
to be fair... i dont particularly care

i´ll wait to see if they took down the lenght of the single player campaign, if they didnt, i will buy it somewere in the future, but not at launch day.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I'm probably gonna rent it.
With the first two, me and my sister played thorough the Campaign, on 2 spent about a month playing Horde, then never really touched it again.

I like the series, it just find it gets dull if you're playing it through over and over by yourself.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Helios_(DEL) said:
So far for me the plot for 1 was almost nothingness although good atmosphere and at the time good game mechs.
And i heard 2 had bigger boss fights
So what about the 3rd game interests you to make a purchase?
Is it bad if I say I'm getting it for the story? My friends and I think the Lambent are going to turn out to be the first generation of The Flood, the humans and Locust will form a human-Covennant alliance to stop the Lambent, and it's going to be revealed that the Lambent, or the Locust, were created by the humans.

Okay, so the Flood thing is just a joke. Can you blame me? Parasite life form that infects other life forms, turning them into monsters. And let's not forget the Sires, who look exactly like the Flood. I'm not joking though about humans being responsible. They either created the Locust or the Lambent. Can't wait to see which one.