So You're Going on a Pokemon Adventure

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
Dragonite, he can surf, fly, and do whatever other HM moves I need while still packing a punch

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
arc1991 said:
captaincabbage said:
arc1991 said:
Think i will go with this bad boy...

I win?

Edit: sorry for bad words, but i found it amusing :')
Don't forget he can learn motherfucking SURF!!! (????)

Seriously tho, I laughed my arse off reading this whole thing.
I don't think he can? I think that's Rhydon (yeh cause rhino's can surf -.-)
[link]http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aggron[/link]

Nope. It can learn surf.

bubba145

Jan 4, 2010
A Jolteon.
why its the only one that didn't look retarded out of that evolved group from Evee
also if i misspelled them sorry i forget the correct spelling.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
SilverUchiha said:
arc1991 said:
captaincabbage said:
arc1991 said:

I win?

[link]http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Aggron[/link]

Nope. It can learn surf.
o_O The Pokemon world is a strange place indeed...

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
arc1991 said:
captaincabbage said:
arc1991 said:

I win?

Well my game must be pretty fucked, since my Aggron knows Surf. ;P

Also, what's up with EVERY FUCKING POKEMON knowing Aerial Ace? I do love the idea of an Aggron zipping through the air covered in blue fure tho :D

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
Archemetis said:
Okay, this will seem rather random, but those Duskulls you drew are far too adorable for their own good. Seriously.

OT:
I love it... for no apparent reason. Perhaps because it's cute... or maybe because it's a fiery pony, A.K.A. everything I ever wanted as a little girl.

Poofs

Nov 16, 2009
i gotta go Swablu on this one

they're versatile, decent fighters, can learn fly

a Swablu everything i need

also they're really damn cute, i mean they like to pretend they're fluffy hats

FLUFFY HATS

Dynamite Headdy

Aug 27, 2010
If the goal is to actually get through whatever game you are in, beat it, and continue to be viable against human opponents afterwards, then this kind of reminds me of an Extra Credits article - this is more of a calculation than a choice. Mewtwo wins in the first game because it is broken in such a way that there is no real contest. If you have to actually use your critter to get through the obstacles, too, then Mew wins for being able to learn the proper HMs and also being psychic.

If given the opportunity to think outside the box and do nonstandard adventures, which is probably more in line with this topic's intent anyway... I would have to go with Meowth. Because KITTEH. Potentially even TALKING KITTEH. He could crawl through ducts and help me solve puzzles or whatever, he eventually learns to pull ridiculous ninja vanishing nonsense, and he basically prints money. Everything else is solved by boat rentals and common household pruners.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
My Typhlosion would be my top choice. I can teach him fire moves by default and follow up with Earthquake, Thunder Punch, and Hidden Power. For Typhlosion, Hidden Power has the effectiveness of an Ice-type attack, so all bases are covered.

Second choice goes to Aggron, preferably with the Rock Head special ability. That way he can use moves like Double Edge, making him a fairly brutal tank. Follow up with Steel Claw or Iron Tail, Magnitude, and Mirror Coat.

My third choice goes to Gardevoir. Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball, Psybeam, and Shock Wave.

Those are my choices. I'd go with any one of them for what they offer. They each can be balanced so that they can go against nearly any opponent. I could certainly have gone with a Dragon-type Pokemon, but as much of a fan of them as I am, it feels way too easy to go with any of them for their lack of weaknesses. Same with legendaries, with all their power.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
ignoring the obvious answer of ditto i would have to go with vileploom or does it have to be an unevolved form?

Vileploom for sleep powder then solar beam, rinse and repeat.

If unevolved forms i would go with magikarp. So i can splash everyone and not be very effective :)