So You've Decided to Watch Law & Order

Magmarock

Sep 1, 2011
I haven't watched SVU n a while, but they are usually pretty good when it comes to this sort of thing. They did an episode on GTA that was actually quite fair and far less biased then I was expecting. Also L&A usually have a twist, so there will probably be a twist in this one.

Heartsib

Jul 2, 2014
I used to watch original L&O faithfully, and then Homicide: Life on the Street came along and ruined me for all other cop procedurals. Still miss the brief and shining era when it was Brisco, Logan, McCoy and Kincaid, tho.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
SVU is one of those "Love it or Hate it" shows for me. When it actually tries to be nuanced and not present everything in complete black and white, and actually tries to see both sides of controversial subjects and ideas, it's really good. When the show gets incredibly preachy and makes it blatantly obvious who is good and who is bad, it's awful and I can't even finish the episode.

I wanted to like Criminal Intent, but Vincent D'Nofrio (sp?) is one of those odd actors who I just can't stand and I have no idea why. Something about him just annoys me.

THM

Sep 27, 2014
My preference was always classic L&O - Sam Waterston is a joy to watch.

A GG SVU (OMG) could be interesting, but it's not like I watch any L&O for a realistic portrayal of anything. :)

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
SonofSpermcube said:
dharmaBum0 said:
People forget (or I'm the only one who noticed) just how good the series was from season 2-7. It declined a fair bit after, eventually sinking totally into utter mediocrity around the time Fred Thompson showed up. But if you can catch the early episodes (TNT was showing them early morning saturdays not too long ago, may still be doing it) it's a treat.
3-5 were the best. That's the Jerry Orbach/Chris Noth years.
100% on this, no-one will ever replace Jerry Orbach (taking nothing away from Noth who was also great, but Orbach was the greatest)