Solar Farm Rejected For Fear of Too Much Energy Sucking

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
This is scary ... a SCIENCE TEACHER asking for more information about science and people wonder why I am scared of Americans! These people can vote! They can have kids! They can own guns!

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
As an NC native I'm not surprised about this sadly. I remember working at Walmart and having a customer panic because we sold atomic clocks....

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
MC1980 said:
The solar farm wouldn't have reduced the town's bills or given them a tax benefit.
They could have built it anyway out of consideration for the environmental impact of reducing fossil fuel consumption. This bother me more than I thought it would.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
This is exactly why nobody does anything about the environment. Most people just don't get how it WORKS.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Too bad this is a sensationalist story and not the actual truth of the matter. Journalism failure... not that I'm surprised in this day and age where fact-checking is an alien concept.

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
omega 616 said:
This is scary ... a SCIENCE TEACHER asking for more information about science and people wonder why I am scared of Americans! These people can vote! They can have kids! They can own guns!
Pardon my stupid question, but what is Science?
In middle and high school we had Biology, Geology (as a part of Geography course), Chemistry and Physics.
So what exactly is Science? A retard cousin of actual hard-science disciplines?

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
blackrave said:
omega 616 said:
In middle and high school we had Biology, Geology (as a part of Geography course), Chemistry and Physics.
I'm not asking for a PHD in every form of science but a basic understanding of how solar panels work has to be a requirement to teach it, right?

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
omega 616 said:
blackrave said:
omega 616 said:
I'm not asking for a PHD in every form of science but a basic understanding of how solar panels work has to be a requirement to teach it, right?
???
I was asking what exactly Science teacher teaches.
I can't understand how that answered my question.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
blackrave said:
omega 616 said:
blackrave said:
omega 616 said:
???
I was asking what exactly Science teacher teaches.
I can't understand how that answered my question.
Sorry, I thought you were being sarcastic.

I don't know about America but in the UK it was Biology, physics and chemistry as different classes (unless you weren't so bright and you had all 3 in one class).