SOMA Hands-On Preview - Amneisa's Horror Visits A Sci-Fi Future

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
SOMA Hands-On Preview - Amneisa's Horror Visits A Sci-Fi Future

With SOMA, Frictional Games shows the future can be just as terrifying as Amnesia: The Dark Descent was.

Read Full Article

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
The insanity mechanics of Penumbra and Amnesia are what turned me off of those games (they seemed designed to force confrontations rather than let them develop organically) so hearing that Frictional has dumped that annoyance is good news to me.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Another horror game without jump scares? Count me in! Already in love with the insane aesthetic, and I quite liked Amnesia despite never finishing it.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Everything I have seen about SOMA has been screaming "YOU WILL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR!" so to see that you guys had such a good time with it is really making me hopeful for this title.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
I have been waiting for this game. Soon. It will be. I want fear. Make me feel! The promotional footage was brilliant. Oh, I should probably complete outlast first. Why won't you release Amnesia on current gen? I will personally be your second best fan! ;)

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I get the feeling hardcore fans are going to say its just another walking simulator, like A Machine for Pigs.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
This looks like a glorious fusion of Amnesia, Bioshock, and Alien: Isolation.

I'll take six.

EDIT: On closer inspection, I get a vibe from Cryostasis in there as well. I cannot wait for this to come out.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
A creeptacular horror game taking place deep beneath the ocean? Count me in. Just being in an underwater facility feels unsettling enough.