Somebody Lost Apple's 4th-Gen iPhone Prototype In a Bar

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
That has too many bits on it to be an iPhone, a product sold on simplicity.

Cryo84R

Gentleman Bastard.
Jun 27, 2009
It IS from apple. The internal components are labeled as thus. However, it may or may not be the release version of iPhone 4. Odds are on this being a prototype to test one or two features, such as the radio-transparent ceramic or the video conferencing.

The style fits with the recent iPad, as far as aesthetics goes. The list of features is pretty much what people were predicting.
The new iPhone will be announced 22 June, be it this or another design. I'll be able to get it and the 4.0 OS before I leave on deployment I hope!

Dahaka27

Apr 20, 2009
Cool, hopefully when this thing comes out it will be just in time for my handset upgrade.

/crosses fingers and toes

Oh and good luck to the guy keeping his job if they did indeed lose it.

Audioave10

Mar 24, 2010
From what I hear, working at Apple is like being in a police state. He would have never got out of that place with it on him. I think its a stunt. I hate Apple anyway.

theklng

May 1, 2008
JWAN said:
theklng said:
FactualSquirrel said:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's funny.

But why is this a problem for Apple? It's not like it will make a difference on who buys it now, is it?
industry espionage
They say what they have, their competition says we beat that "____" with this "_____" thing then apple comes back with OH SHIT WE JUST TOPPED YOUR LAST MINUTE "___" WITH SOMETHING ELSE LIKE "____" thingy.

Its all strategy and its all going to work in Apples favor eventually, because this is a prototype.
it's still leaked hardware/software, and contrary to what you think, that's never a good thing for a company. while you may think they'll just add features last minute to top other companies' hardware, you're forgetting that features cost time and money to develop, not to mention that there is a limit on how useful new features can eventually be. it's not a good thing.

Lim3

Feb 15, 2010
it may have been planted. What better way to tell everyone a new and better product is on the way?

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Hilarious. Thankyou for sharing, both the hapless employee and our resident Pokemon Master John Funk.
You know, I'm a little suspicious of your title Funk. By what right can you call yourself a Pokemon Master?

Also, I still will not buy this overpriced thing of evil. Regardless of the fact that the iPhone is pretty cool...

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
theklng said:
JWAN said:
theklng said:
FactualSquirrel said:

That's funny.

But why is this a problem for Apple? It's not like it will make a difference on who buys it now, is it?
industry espionage
They say what they have, their competition says we beat that "____" with this "_____" thing then apple comes back with OH SHIT WE JUST TOPPED YOUR LAST MINUTE "___" WITH SOMETHING ELSE LIKE "____" thingy.

Its all strategy and its all going to work in Apples favor eventually, because this is a prototype.
it's still leaked hardware/software, and contrary to what you think, that's never a good thing for a company. while you may think they'll just add features last minute to top other companies' hardware, you're forgetting that features cost time and money to develop, not to mention that there is a limit on how useful new features can eventually be. it's not a good thing.
not all features cost time and money especially if you have someone else do the work.

theklng

May 1, 2008
JWAN said:
theklng said:
JWAN said:
theklng said:
FactualSquirrel said:

That's funny.

industry espionage

not all features cost time and money especially if you have someone else do the work.
they cost someone's time and money regardless.

Divine Miss Bee

Feb 16, 2010
The DSM said:
Ehh.

Never cared about Apple that much.

I still think they charge too much for stuff that mainly looks nice, Im about substance, not style.
my thoughts exactly. though this ended up working in my favor once, it's still annoying (at graduation, i got a brand new toshiba laptop and $300, and my sister got a "gently used" macbook. diplomatic parenting win!).

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
this is definitely not an accident. this is free publicity and our eagerness to believe anything else shows humanity's willingness to trust, which is a good thing, but also our inability to be good consumers, which is a bad thing