DELETED

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The stupid Irishmen stereotype has been around for ages. There used to be a lot of real vitriol behind it, the Irish got a lot of racism, but this has mostly faded away and been forgotten nowdays.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Reminds me of an old Afghan joke I read once (I seriously recommend that people read the Kite Runner).

One day, Mullah Nasruddin's daughter came to him, saying her husband beat her. He then beat her as well. When she asked why, he replied "If he can beat my daughter, I can beat his wife."

Alternatively,

Mullah Nasruddin was riding a doney carrying a huge weight upon his back. When people asked "Why are you carrying the weight and not just putting on the donkey?", he replied "I'm heavy enough for the poor thing."

My point is that every culture just picks a random group to call stupid and make jokes about. Sometimes a laugh is a laugh, get over it.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Leon Declis said:
My point is that every culture just picks a random group to call stupid and make jokes about.
"Random"? Yeah, I don't think that's quite how it works.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
Joke makes no sense, Corned beef and cabbage is fucking OP.

In Ireland we just make the Paddy Englishman the fool so it's all fair.

Plasmadamage

Jul 24, 2012
Leon Declis said:
There is an Englishmen, Irishmen and a Frenchman in the desert. They come across a lamp and rub it three times. A genie comes out.

"I shall grant each of you but a single wish" he intones.

"I want to go to back Ireland," pipes up the Irishman, "with a mug of ale that can never empty."

"Done!" said the genie, and with a puff of smoke, the the Irishman lives the rest of his days as a hero in Ireland.

Next came the Frenchman. "Genie," he said in a really thick French accent, "I am sick of these foreigners coming into my land. I want a great wall around France to let no one in or out, and I want to be inside when it happens."

"Done!" said the genie, and with a puff of snoke, the Frenchman returned to Paris and France was protected by the massive wall.

Finally came the Englishman. "Tell me more about this wall" he asked.

"Well, it is 2 kilometres high, surrounds the entire border of France and nothing can get in or out" replied the genie.

The Englishman thinks for a bit. "Fill it with water."
You sir, have made my day