Someone tells you they're an alien

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
"This is Australia, Mate. We're all aliens."

Seriously though, I'd tell them I'm happy to roll with it, but until they can prove it to me conclusively, they're going to have to accept it being natural for me to be sceptical.

Shocksplicer

Apr 10, 2011
In the novel "I am Number 4" (Now a shitty motion picture) the main character comes out as an alien by blurting out "I am Number 4". I know this is a rubbish book written by a pair of hack authors, but surely they could tell this was the most nonsensical way to handle this moment possible?

As far as real life goes, I'd say "Oh my god, me too! We have so much in common!" and see how they react...

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I've already been told this by one person, I just stared at him and told him to shut up,because he was an idiot, but really I would just assume that like this guy, whoever told me that is just an idiot.

Ljs1121

Mar 17, 2011
I'd probably just say 'cool' and keep on with my day. I don't really care much about strangers' lives even if they are aliens.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I'd probably freakout a little, depending on how well I know the 'person' and if he/she/it was sexy or not.

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
"Tell me more."

And then I'd probably try and do this:

Zeckt said:
I would be like, "Your now my best friend EVER!" and swear to keep the secret as long as he gives me a ride on his/her/it's? spaceship and try to hit it off with a relationship so I could ride on the spaceship more.

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
DrRockor said:
I want to know how you would react
I'm a vicious person. I'd ask about details and try to find loopholes in his story.
Of course it depends on how he looks and behaves. Insane people aren't the best material for jokes...

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
DrRockor said:
I have just started watching the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and at the end of the second episode someone just straight up says I'm an alien.
This made me think, how I would react to such an, lets say unusual, situation.

I think I would just say "cool, have fun with that" because that's how I react to everything and if they are just delusional or saying it for whatever reason or hell, they really are an alien, I don't care. If they're a cool person I'll still hang out with them, I've got more important shit to think about.

This isn't the normal response to that sort of thing, most people would laugh or whatever. I want to know how you would react
Are we assuming that they're delusional and it's not true?

In that case, I would probably still be friends with them. I like odd people.

If it's true and they can prove it, I'd beg them to take me the fuck of this planet whenever they leave.

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
I TAKE THEM FISHING!

Cookie for anybody who understands the anime reference.

Vamantha

Aug 2, 2011
Unless proven I'd probably just roll with it. I've lost count with how many times people have confessed being a vampire/werewolf/angel/demon/etc. Makes for some fun conversations.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
I have had people tell me there an alien. Guy ran around the parking lot with a flashlight looking for his alien buddies. There is more to the story but it's late and I am going to bed.

Don Savik

Aug 27, 2011
Ask them if they're planning to commit crimes against the human race

if answer is yes: kill them and turn the body over to the government

if answer is no: go about my daily business

I wouldn't protect them or give them unnecessary power/control over me or anybody. They're just another person as far as I'm concerned.

Xaio30

Nov 24, 2010
I'd be interested and ask if I could partake in any evidence of the matter.
If not, I'd ask if I could make some examinations myself.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Cheesepower5 said:
"Of the ancient variety?"

>Yes

"I KNEW I WASN'T CRAZY"

>No

"Pfffft waste of my time"
Sorry to burst you're bubble, but you're now officially this guy:

That is not something you should aspire to.

Well okay, the hair is something you should aspire to. The rest, not so much.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I'd ask for some proof.

And either way, I'd start asking a lot of questions and seeing just how well the story holds up.

Now if they turned out to actually be an alien, yeah, I'd be a bit shocked. Once that passed, I'd be pumping them for info on their species, planet, culture, etc. And writing all of it down.

But I'd keep it secret unless there was a clear and present danger to humanity. Or maybe not. It would depend on a lot of things, really. If the aliens sounded like they'd be better people then humanity, I might just wish them luck.

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
My reaction would be the same as any other bioscientist: to check whether their alien physiology are affected by chloroform the same way we are. Because as we all know, bioscientists totally carry chloroform with them in their back pockets at all times in case of aliens, rapists or tigers that escaped from the zoo.

If it works as it does on us, I'd bring them to one of the labs at my university and take some samples before the person wakes up, and later experiment like all hell on those samples. If the person in question asks what happened when it regains consciousness, I'll tell him that next time, he should be more careful around banana peels, and that I figured that the lab was the best place for him to rest.
If he's an alien: bam, instant Nobel price. And presumably some alien MIBs knocking on my door at some point, but I know karate, and I still have my chloroform, so fuck them. MORE SPECIMENS.
If he's not an alien, then it's a good thing he just tripped on a banana peel.

If chloroform doesn't work, I'll get excited as all hell and ask him about how that works. Hopefully he'll answer, after he's punched me in the face. And then I'll use that knowledge to gain a greater understanding of life, and hopefully to speed up my human extermination virus.