Someone tells your your future spouse is born today...

Negatempest

May 10, 2008
Now I just recently saw Hot Tub Time Machine with my brothers and the idea has always intrigued me. The concept that knowing the moment your future spouse is born. Kinda like a "sense" of some kind. I'm 25 right now, so she won't be legal until I'm 43 years old....wow..

To be honest, I may be in a zombie mode for a few weeks while I try to register what some random person told me. Wondering whether or not it is true and such.

Would you interfere in her/his life or would you try to become a part of it early? Damn, getting myself to think too deeply about this already.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Oh boy, my future spouse, that I will never be close enough in age with, that it doesn't seem strange. How about I make it extra weird by going over and watching her grow up. For an added bonus I can even babysit. Sounds wonderful and not at all creepy. Not not creepy at all.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Mostly I would punch them in the face just in case they were accusing me of being a child molester.

Are they actually giving you any information so you can track this person down? Is it guaranteed to be a happy marriage or just a marriage?

EDIT: It also sounds like something Stephnie Meyer would be all about. Also isn't that the whole thing in The Time Traveller's Wife?

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I'm a cougar, bitches!

But yeah, practically decades apart? And I'm aesexual.
Wonder how that would turn out...

Instinct Blues

Jun 8, 2008
My reaction would be like "Oh ok thats cool...I guess" because I'm not really focused on that part of life right now with school and all that going. Plus a 19 year age difference is quite the gap so I don't believe it would be possible because we'd have almost completely different interests. Also she probably still be young, fun, and full of energy while I'd 38 and certainly want to settle down if I haven't already by then which I hope I would be.

I'd also get major creepy vibes from it as well like how I got when I read a summary of the last Twilight book because I was interested in how that shit ended. It seems to me Stephanie Meyer ended it in the creepiest way she could by having Jacob "imprint" on Bella's half-human half-vampire mutant baby, but a baby nonetheless, meaning that they are destined to get married or some shit. Nonetheless its fucking creepy and weird goddamn it Stephanie Meyer why do people read your shitty books.

Kataskopo

Dec 18, 2009
I tell them that I don't have change, because clearly he/she is a hobo.

No, but really, that would be weird... 19 years younger than me? I want someone who's my same age, I want a challenge, dang it!

mandaforever

Feb 16, 2011
I would say they must be wrong cause marrying an 18 year old guy when I'm in my 40's would be weird to me.

Who knows, maybe I'd turn out to be a cougar?

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
I'd have a bit of a toyboy going on, what with being 16 already :) I wouldn't want to know about it though, it'd mess me up.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Which would mean she won't be of legal age till I'm 47 and by that time it'd be really kinda weird. Also I'd find that rather depressing as it would mean I'd not find a wife until my late 40's.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
Uhm... if someone told me that I would probably take their hands and kindly guide them to the nearest loony bin, because chances are they've lost their damn marbles.

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
hmmm so she's 13 years younger than me....yeeeeaaah by that time I'm most likely married to someone else

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
ok if nobody else is going there than I will hahahah

well then that gives me a little time with her mother to get prepped till shes old enough hahahaha

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
So when she becomes legal of fucking age here I'm going to be 32. Well that's nice, it also means that I will be 35 when I can marry her.

Zyst

Jan 15, 2010
I don't... I don't think this is cool, at all. Unless I am time travelling so at least we'll be similar ages. But I don't wanna be one of those 40somethings dating 18 year olds.

Hell, I'm 19 right now and I feel queasy about dating my 17 year old Girlfriend, so I really don't think I'd marry her anyway, as in the 18 year difference (at least) girl.

Lord Kloo

Jun 7, 2010
Well thats interesting but i have one thing to say to her.. "You're 18 years f**cking late.." still its a bit too much of an age gap,

unless I become the Italian Prime Minister.. then it will be pefectly acceptable..

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
manaman said:
Oh boy, my future spouse, that I will never be close enough in age with, that it doesn't seem strange. How about I make it extra weird by going over and watching her grow up. For an added bonus I can even babysit. Sounds wonderful and not at all creepy. Not not creepy at all.
how old are you, because on of my friends parents have a 16 year age gap between them?
OT: i would probably ask them how the fuck they know. other than that, theres nothing i'll need to do. im fucking set.