Song of the Day (with commentary)

CruisingForBiddies

Oct 30, 2011
someonehairy-ish said:
Heh. Its called metal, my friend.
The second one isn't really that chaotic after the first minute or so. But then I'm used to it so...
Anyway, if you liked that Tool one you might like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_cCEUPInFs
See that doesn't tickle my pickle either, now I just feel rude for not enjoying your taste in music. Perhaps we can reconcile over perhaps the greatest song of all time?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGFToiLtXro&feature=related

Narfo

May 26, 2009
bahumat42 said:
<youtube=04mfKJWDSzI>
Simply put this isn't just a great song, it was my song for that summer, but aside from all that after learning of gorillaz split theres nothing id rather listen to right now.
Trippy music video.
I like it. It's nice and relaxed. The perfect theme song for a summer vacation.

I'm currently stuck on this

<youtube=WVf_hy2eByE>

I love the acoustic element, and the lyrics just click with me. I would listen to it all day if I weren't aware that I'd get sick of it sooner than later.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Artemis923 said:
But this instrumental knocks its socks off.

<youtube=2MucTX8i6z4>

These guys are way too underrated, they deserve better.
That's actually pretty awesome. There aren't enough good instrumentals these days. however my favorite is still

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
CruisingForBiddies said:
someonehairy-ish said:
Heh. Its called metal, my friend.
The second one isn't really that chaotic after the first minute or so. But then I'm used to it so...
Anyway, if you liked that Tool one you might like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_cCEUPInFs
See that doesn't tickle my pickle either, now I just feel rude for not enjoying your taste in music. Perhaps we can reconcile over perhaps the greatest song of all time?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGFToiLtXro&feature=related
I think so... *ahem*

You're just toooo good to be truuueee-

Now that I've found one song you quite like I may spend all morning thinking of things to link. Hmm...

CruisingForBiddies

Oct 30, 2011
someonehairy-ish said:
I think so... *ahem*

You're just toooo good to be truuueee-

Now that I've found one song you quite like I may spend all morning thinking of things to link. Hmm...
I am waiting with bated breath dear friend. Here is a song for you while we wait.
<youtubE=VQH8ZTgna3Q>

[sub](If you don't like the Arctic Monkeys and their disregard for the English language we might have a problem here)[/sub]

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
CruisingForBiddies said:
I am waiting with bated breath dear friend. Here is a song for you while we wait.
<youtubE=VQH8ZTgna3Q>

[sub](If you don't like the Arctic Monkeys and their disregard for the English language we might have a problem here)[/sub]
That was a pleasant surprise.

<youtube=lwhbcdbkeXY>

CruisingForBiddies

Oct 30, 2011
FirstToStrike said:
Care to elaborate haha? Was it pleasantly surprising due to its poor quality, interesting accompanied visuals or even its mis-spelled title? Or was it good?
I enjoyed your suggestion, the start of it was brilliant! So raw and haunting.

Gottesstrafe

Oct 23, 2010
Doclector said:
Gorramit. That got stuck in my head when the adverts for that George bush film were around. Good song, anyhow.

Aargh, me hearties, all that good stuff.

Ah shoot, someone beat me to posting the first Alestorm song of the thread. Ah well, Keelhauled ain't a bad song to start out with. I love the frantic energy of it between chorus lines when the fiddle and accordion start up in unison. Here's another Alestorm song:

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
CruisingForBiddies said:
FirstToStrike said:
Care to elaborate haha? Was it pleasantly surprising due to its poor quality, interesting accompanied visuals or even its mis-spelled title? Or was it good?
Nah, it was good! And yes, Blackbird is amazing. The song AND the album.

<youtube=-Z_NvVMUcG8>

^My personal favorite off of a STELLAR album.

Fitzcaraldo

Member of three secret societies
Feb 2, 2011
CruisingForBiddies said:
<youtubE=VQH8ZTgna3Q>
Better than I thought it would be, a very nice little track.

Here's my song, been listening to it quite a lot lately.
<youtube=bSFT2OKcdk0>

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
CruisingForBiddies said:
<youtubE=VQH8ZTgna3Q>

I'm all for disregard of the english language. I study the english language, the more interesting bits tend to crop up when people are abusing it.

I'm quite tempted to link a Gojira song but that would be mean. So have this instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Hbap9UOXA

Actually no, this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUXDgKUigX0&feature=relmfu

Groovier.

Uber Evil

Mar 4, 2009
bahumat42 said:
my addition number 2, im ashamed the thread creator hasn't cntributed more :( seemed like a cool idea.
You stole mine. I'm also quite partial to his Smile Like You Mean It remix <youtube=7JcjIPNI2FQ>
and Pop Culture
<youtube=lTx3G6h2xyA>
And then I'll just say Pretty Lights. Love his stuff.

Latenz1134

Feb 23, 2012
Ohne Dich(Without you) by Rammstein, contains no vulgar lyrics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egs53_MXboY&feature=related

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Raven said:
The vid I posted isn't representative of my favourite kind of music so i'll post another, might be a little more up your street... If you like your ambient lounge chill out

Definately a nice relaxing song for the end of a long day. Its been a while since I've listened to much ambient. The world has been way too crazy lately. As to a song for the day. This would take my vote.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Popadoo said:
Eeeehh... Not my cup of tea. The vocals make the singer sound like he's really tired or something, and... I dunno', I'm just not feeling it.

Absolutely love this song.
I'm not much into pop, but I know she's got a good voice, I'd actually like to see what she could do in other genres.

SirBryghtside said:

No idea how famous they're supposed to be - I'm not really into music in any way apart from 'listen to it, and if it sounds good, keep listening'. So apologies if you've heard it before or something :)
For female vocals, I tend to listen to this group
I'm usually not much for rough male vocals, but I like her voice that much lol

rayen020 said:
Artemis923 said:
But this instrumental knocks its socks off.

<youtube=2MucTX8i6z4>

These guys are way too underrated, they deserve better.
That's actually pretty awesome. There aren't enough good instrumentals these days. however my favorite is still

Not too shabby, here's one of my preferred instrumentals

And I'll post another song, cause I can.

CruisingForBiddies

Oct 30, 2011
FirstToStrike said:

<youtube=-Z_NvVMUcG8>

Can't go past Radiohead when discussing great music dude, can't believe that nobody had posted them yet!
someonehairy-ish said:
I'm all for disregard of the english language. I study the english language, the more interesting bits tend to crop up when people are abusing it.

I'm quite tempted to link a Gojira song but that would be mean. So have this instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6Hbap9UOXA

Actually no, this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUXDgKUigX0&feature=relmfu

Groovier.
I enjoyed that, but I prefer my groove to be even slightly groovier than Muse standards ;) Plus these guys possibly have the best Band name of all time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8k9R02JayI
(It is pretty repetitive mind)
Fitzcaraldo said:
Better than I thought it would be, a very nice little track.

Here's my song, been listening to it quite a lot lately.
<youtube=bSFT2OKcdk0>
I saw them live at Big Day Out this year, so good. Maybe even one of the best shows at the festival. And I'm not even that big into aussie hip-hop now that 360 is taking over these days.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
FirstToStrike said:
CruisingForBiddies said:
FirstToStrike said:

<youtube=-Z_NvVMUcG8>

Funny, that's probably my least favourite off of that, indeed, STELLAR album. Still a great song, but sandwiched in between Exit Music (one of the best songs of all time, IMO) and Karma Police it seems a bit weak.

Speaking of "best songs of all time"...

FirstToStrike said:
<youtube=lwhbcdbkeXY>
Hi there, fellow Alter Bridge fan! That song is indeed amazing.

I'll repost my last song, nobody's responded to it yet...

<youtube=02Bk1OjFLJA>

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
OhJohnNo said:

<youtube=02Bk1OjFLJA>
I'm guessing it's part of a musical or somesuch, and it probably works better with the visuals or if you're aware of the story. Musically it isn't my thing, and the spoken/sung parts were too over the top for my liking.

My pick for today:

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Eleuthera said:
OhJohnNo said:

<youtube=02Bk1OjFLJA>
I'm guessing it's part of a musical or somesuch, and it probably works better with the visuals or if you're aware of the story. Musically it isn't my thing, and the spoken/sung parts were too over the top for my liking.

My pick for today:
Nope - just a random song on an album (though Dr. Steel is hardly your normal artist). I love ham-acting and over-the-top songs, so I naturally love that.