Songs/bands you associate with games

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
I don't know if it's just me, but I have bands that really remind me of a game and vice-versa. Like, ones that you think would suit a game perfectly etc.
Eg, when I listen to Scar Symmetry, it always reminds me of Mass Effect. Especially when I'm listening to the Holographic Universe album. Sometimes when I try to remember the logo for Scar Symmetry, I even (unpurposefully) think of "Mass Effect" in the font of Scar Symmetry's logo instead. It's probably just the sci-fi theme of their song names and some of their lyrics. But the music itself seems to really fit with the game in general.

Do you guys have anything like this?
[Small]Or I may just be too obsessed with music.[/Small]

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Rise Against with Crazy Taxi. If I remember rightly, the entire soundtrack for that game was Give it All on loop.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
I'm the opopsite. I like music that doesn't match with the game. Like playing tetris and listening to Pantera, or playing Halo and listening to Salsa music.

merelymortal

Jun 14, 2010
Disney songs remind me of world of warcraft, I had to listen to them whilst raiding to stop myself from going berserk at players who can't avoid fire.

Oft you'd hear me cutting through some noobs excuse of why he got mind controlled on Yogg by screaming across vent " BUT CAN YOU PAINT WITH ALL THE COLOURS OF THE WIND? "

Bobic

Nov 10, 2009
The caesars and their one hit wonder 'jerk it out' always reminds me of SSX tricky 3 or whatever that game was called.

AgentNein

Jun 14, 2008
This is something I've talked about in other forums, but Twisted Metal 2 (best game in the series) always had a very 70s punk rock vibe to me. Not necessarily in the game's music (lots of power chords sure, but also lots of lame metally stuff too), so much as the whole vibe of the game. It really carried that energy, that excitement. It was rough, it was garish, it was silly, it laughed at itself, the devs felt young and inexperienced but also inspired.

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
Listening to the original motion picture soundtrack of Crash while playing Fallout 3 really has one hell of an effect.

Daipire

Oct 25, 2009
Doo doo DOOOOOOOOO
Legend of Zelda. :D

Serious-faced: Borderlands, and Cage ze Elephante!

HereForFreeFood

Nov 17, 2009
Bioshock- The Gutter Twins
Gears of War- The Killers
Fallout 3- Muse
Mass effect- Radiohead
Dead Rising and L4D- David Bowie

It all depends on what I felt like listening to as I played the games.

MattyDienhoff

Jan 3, 2008
"Dirge" by Death in Vegas always reminds me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl for some reason. So strong was the connection that I decided to mod the song into the game (I made it play on the loudspeaker in the Bar). The first time I tested that out, the song started just as the sun was going down, and a storm gathered just as the song descended into madness. It was incredible.

"Building Steam With A Grain Of Salt" by DJ Shadow reminds me of rainy nights in the Red Light District in Grand Theft Auto III's Liberty City.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I always associate the Beatles with "Beatles: Rock Band". I'm not quite sure why. :p

I don't really associate games and music very often though. Especially not to the point where a certain band will represent a game for me. A game like The Saboteur makes me think of Jazz though.

asspills

Aug 13, 2008
I always play the Antidotes album by "Foals" while playing Mirrors Edge. The two just go so well.

Also, I own an album that is a cover of Tools "Aenema" album, done by an all-strings symphony orchestra. It sounds like the scariest, creepiest orchestral sound-track ever made, and it goes PERFECTLY with any game with a similar vibe, like Nazi Zombies Mode on COD5, and Left 4 Dead.

Oh, and listening to A Perfect Circle while playing the first Assassins Creed was something i always did. Those two are permanently connected in my mind now.