songs for the recovery of a broken heart.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
I have this. [http://www.amazon.com/Save-Your-Heart/dp/B000QVN6H2/ref=dm_att_trk8?ie=UTF8&qid=1294814682&sr=8-1] It's one of those songs that aren't available on youtube. (Hence the Amazon link) Really good artist, though.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
For those of you that didn't pick up on the tiny Monty Python link...

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
M4 Parts 1 & 2 By Faunts. They are not really breakup related songs, but the sheer awesome + your memory of the game should snap you out of it.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
For some reason the song Heartless by Kanye West comes to mind. Maybe it's the simple nature of the song, his rapping and singing that just make me connect with it. Give it a listen if you haven't heard of it, or if you will, give it another listen and see if it clicks with you too.

bojac6

Oct 15, 2009
jakeEHTlovless said:
so, i just got dumped because i told my girlfriend i love her. huh. but any ways, what songs have you listened to to mend whats left of your sanity.
It happens. I know it's not going to cheer you up, but usually it's because she had doubts and you saying "I love you" let her know that you were serious. Now she's just stringing you along, so the right thing to do is end it. And she did. It sucks, it hurts, but there's nothing you can do.

Personally, I recommend anything by Journey to recover. Start here and see where it takes you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceMXq80Uu9s

And don't worry mate, it'll go better with the next girl.

Pariah87

Jul 9, 2009
AmayaOnnaOtaku said:
My interesting mix
You sir...or madam in this case, are awesome and as such have ninja'd a couple of the bands I was going to suggest *shakes fist*

I don't know about you OP but I actually find depressing or angry music makes me feel better when shit happens like this. Cheery or funny music just pisses me off but music that relates to the situation actually helps me move through it easier.

As such, I will give you my own break up setlist. Plus a nice epic song at the end, the kind that lets me drift off into fantasy land for 15 minutes so I forget the real world.

[spoiler = Music and stuff]

[/spoiler]

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
kman123 said:
Anything Dropkick Murphys, with a beer in the other hand.
And. How. You gotta be badass like Micky:

(seriously, how has Micky Ward not turned into the ultimate Memetic Badass? Fuck Chuck Norris, Micky would knock him out with a left hook to the body.)

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
This was the song I listened to most after my last break up. Because I discovered it soon after it happened. The story itself doesn't apply, but a lot of the lyrics matched how I felt. From small lines to the important ones, a lot of them just mimicked how I felt about her, what happened between us, and how I felt after.

Tough luck, friend. I wouldn't suggest this song, it depressed me for a long time.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
Because you're a strong black woman. Well maybe not, but it's a nice "fuck you" song about ex'sThis one seemed particularly relevant. It's a bit depressing though.

MaxwellEdison

Sep 30, 2010
Tim Minchin does some sarcastic views on love songs, such as "If I didn't have you"
Humor always helps me.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
I usually go for black/death metal, but I'm one of those weird people that actually gets happy when listening to metal...

flim.geek.chic

Oct 22, 2009
Break even - the Script
"I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing
Just praying to a god that I don't believe in
Cos I got time while she got freedom
Cos when a heart breaks no it don't break even "

Listened to that a alot after apretty horrid break up on my Bday.