songs for the recovery of a broken heart.

jakeEHTlovless

Dec 8, 2009
Blindrooster said:
Try "Mr Blue Sky" by Electronic Light Orchestra (ELO). It's impossible to be sad with that playing.
Hey you with the pretty face
Welcome to the human race
A celebration, mister blue sky's up there waitin'
And today is the day we've waited for

i smiled as i wrote it!

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Don't know if it helps you, but when I was depressed, these songs helped me a lot.

And if you're feeling like getting angry and punching something, use this:

But that's just what I use for my love issues. Then again, I'm mad.

jakeEHTlovless

Dec 8, 2009
believer258 said:
Do you want an angry song?

Or something really happy?

Or just something that rocks hard?

Or something fucking hilarious?

if you could roll all that into one, it would make the greatest album in the world

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Nouw said:
Well don't worry, always look on the bright side of life [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ], these songs should have fixed you. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9b6jgbNyc]
Aww man, those two were gonna be MY suggestions. Those exact 2 songs. Whenever I am down, I listen to fix you especially.

El Poncho

Techno Hippy will eat your soul!
May 21, 2009

[youtubev=ue3M_kxb85Y&feature=related]

I'm in a Gorillaz mood at the moment:)

TRR

Jul 21, 2008
pfft, women.
My suggestion:
The song is literally about going to Trinidad and fucking around (least thats what i get from it). It's a happy song that reminds you that there are a lot more women out there, most of which are better than the one you were with. You should probably listen this song after you're over her a bit more though.

SovietSecrets

iDrink, iSmoke, iPill
Nov 16, 2008
Not the greatest band in the world, but this song did wonders for me after my breakup.

Always cheered me up.

baddude1337

Taffer
Jun 9, 2010
Best advice: Don't even remotely listening to any song that reminds you of her until you have at least started getting over her.

bak00777

Oct 3, 2009
well whenever im down, whether it be because of rejection, which i know a lot about, or w/e i listen to Baba O'Reily by The Who, as soon as the second verse starts i smile, i just love that song so much and it makes everything better. imo.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
I've got this feeling that I'm going to be late to the party with this one but:

Always one for cheering people up. Though I'm doubting listening to depressing music or angry music is going to really cheer anyone up. They'll probably exacerbate the situation more than anything else. Feel good music is probably the best place to go for cheering up.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
I listened to this song and even though its sad it helped alot when my gf ditched me
<youtube=FVWN5tp6L9Y&ob=av2em>

Flig

Nov 24, 2009
"Someday You Will Be Loved" by Deathcab for Cutie cheered me up after a particularly bad breakup.