Songs heard way too many times.

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
Definitely Fun. It was cool at first, but now its the equivalent of "Hey There Delilah". Speaking of, when that song became popular, everyone though I was an idiot because I knew it came out a year or 2 before.

Xeraxis

Aug 7, 2011
Pretty much anything "new" on the radio tends to get played way too much, especially under rock stations. I've volunteered at a radio station nearby where I live and the collection of music available was naturally astounding. There's no reason to keep playing the same 8-10 songs over and over when you have hundreds of tunes to work with.

Some examples: That "We Are Young" song, "Call Me Maybe", and the such. Just overplayed to death.

Ryu-Kage

May 6, 2011
I never liked the song "Lux Aeterna" (the Requiem for a Dream song). I don't want to hear it ever again. But I'm going to. So many times. Because for some reason, people tend to think that this song makes things sound epic. It might be somewhat tolerable if the thing being shown is supposed to fit with the music (tolerable, but not okay). But people tend to put it alongside some of the stupidest things, and it just makes you look like a hack. I can't even figure out how to record Game Boy footage without opening a tutorial that has that damn song playing. Maybe if "Lux Aeterna" was a good song, I wouldn't mind so much. Unfortunately, the "song" is incredibly repetitive with the only real change being the tempo. Yes, I'm aware that songs often have choruses, but not every song has two notes blaring back and forth forever.

Please, people of YouTube. I'm begging you. Look for other orchestral pieces for ramping up "epicness". Give Sorcerer's Apprentice a shot, for example. Or the Superman theme (movie or cartoon).

Doneeee

Dec 27, 2011
I remember a few months back I couldn't go a few minutes without listening to the song Sin (or anything by Nine Inch Nails) and now I can barely listen to a few NIN songs without getting burnt out. I've also probably listened to KoRns entire catalog more than once because hey I was a 90s baby. It's funny though because I can listen to AC/DC forever and never get burnt out of their music. Oh and I almost forgot about Rammstein. Anyone who's listened to Rammstein for extended periods of time knows exactly what I'm talking about.

EDIT: It seems I've missed the point a bit with my post. Ah well.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
That's What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction.

Really, boybands? Again? Are cargo pants back in style, too?

No? Good.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
Wasting my Time by Default.

<youtube=YN3Z_saNyKM>

It's just... one of those songs they always play on the radio.

SonicKaos

Jan 21, 2011
Dags90 said:

No? Good.
I wish Cargo pants were in again. I like them... lol.

I'll agree with you on One Direction though for sure.

Also, Gotye and Adele. Change the radio station when they come on.

Finally.

"The sun goes down, the stars come out, and all that counts, is here and now."

I don't know what the band is, but the guy isn't even a good singer at all. I don't get why this became so popular.

revjor

Sep 30, 2011
Dags90 said:

No? Good.
They are selling them to young'ns who never got burnt out on the last wave of boy bands. Just like how boy bands disappeared for a while after New Kids on the BLock back in the day. In 10 years people'll be sick of em again and we'll get Nu-metal 2 or some other shit.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
Call me maybe is the most overplayed song that I have ever heard. It never clicked with me from the start and I never understood why there's a huge craze over it. It made country music better! You know something is bad when your original worst sounds better by comparison.

Honestly, take the song out of the context that the girl is pre-teen and it gets right creepy. Imagine that 40 year old sings this. Imagine that creepy guy, that you once met because you were stuck on chemistry lab with him, sings this...

It's a creepy bad song.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
I used to love 'Waking up in Vegas' by Katy Perry, partly due to the fact that it was a hit when I actually was in Vegas. But they just kept playing it! One day I swear I heard it four times and I don't even listen to the radio that much.

hecticpicnic

Jul 27, 2010
My sister has watched funny girl has watched funny girl about 5 times now in the last week, and i think i might just smash the house computer so i don't have to hear another one of those stupid musical shits wafting down to my room at 8am.
Smells like a teen spirit; please people, if you are starting a band with your friends in school try to be more a original and write some garage rock or something, maybe even play kinks song.
Any skrillix song.
Creep by radiohead, like most of the other songs, but just so over played.
And that rotten pile of indie pop queen imitating shit -that is- 'fun.'
Gotye - STIUTK surprisingly keeps getting better, i though it was mediocre stuff at first, never expected it to get famous(i was kinda pissed off when it did), but after more listens it just gets better.

EDIT: oh and call me maybe, don't get why people like it.Generic, boring, forgettable Disney pop.

Darren716

Jul 7, 2011
Call Me Maybe, good lord do I want this song to die in a fire. It's bad enough on its own but when it's being played every over minute on the radio, sepeku seems like a pretty reasonable idea.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
SonicKaos said:
I wish Cargo pants were in again. I like them... lol.

I'll agree with you on One Direction though for sure.

Finally.

"The sun goes down, the stars come out, and all that counts, is here and now."

I don't know what the band is, but the guy isn't even a good singer at all. I don't get why this became so popular.
That's The Wanted, another boy band from Britland. They're definitely better looking than One Direction, though.
revjor said:
Dags90 said:
They are selling them to young'ns who never got burnt out on the last wave of boy bands. Just like how boy bands disappeared for a while after New Kids on the BLock back in the day. In 10 years people'll be sick of em again and we'll get Nu-metal 2 or some other shit.
CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWLING IN MYYYYYYYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIN?

Auninteligentname

Jun 12, 2011
Jonluw said:
I'M IN LOOOOVEE
WITH A FAIRYTAAHAAAAYLE
EVEN THOOUUGH
IT HUUUUUUUURTS!

The country went bloody mental after we won esc.
They went crazy before we won? It was played straight, every day, everywhere for a month before we even won. I didn't find the song too bad, but they just had to spam it EVERYWHERE!

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Dags90 said:
That's The Wanted, another boy band from Britland. They're definitely better looking than One Direction, though.
revjor said:
Dags90 said:
CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWLING IN MYYYYYYYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIN?
I was thinking more like BOOM DA DA HMM BUM PA HEMA BOOM DA DA HMM BUM PA HEMA BOOM DA DA HMM BUM PA HEMA.

OT: Hmm... I dunno. I have heard Metallica's "The Black Album" more times than I can count. But, I think the one I am really sick of is Paranoid. I have heard that song so many damn times I am just sick of it. And Black Sabbath is one of my favorite bands!

Veldt Falsetto

Dec 26, 2009
Just say #Notye /MyMusic reference

yeah Gotye - somebody I used to know is STILL everywhere, not that I don't like it though ahaha

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
onewheeled said:
If you've spent any time on unprofessional gaming channels on YouTube, sing along!

[small]Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the floor
Let the bodies hit the..
*ting ting*[/small][HEADING=1]FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!!![/HEADING]
I can't believe I used to like that song. Although, I must say, it's quite fun to play on guitar.
Though the youtube video set to Benny Hinn with this song is hilarious as shit

on topic Call Me Maybe, Red Solo Cup, or I'm Sexy and I know it