Sony Adds 40+ PlayStation 3 Exclusive Games to PS Now Service

Conrad Zimmerman

New member
Dec 24, 2013
588
0
0
Sony Adds 40+ PlayStation 3 Exclusive Games to PS Now Service

Sony bulking up streaming games service with a pile of legacy titles

The PlayStation Now streaming service, which offers access (via a la carte rentals or subscription) to a library of PlayStation 3 titles, has added a considerable quantity of games this week.

The more than forty new additions are what Sony calls "PS3 Console Exclusives," a term which doesn't make a lot of sense when looking at the list itself. It includes several titles, such as The Unfinished Swan, Journey, which have seen previous release on other PlayStation platforms other than PS3. Whatever they want to call them, there are some gems in the list, like White Knight Chronicles and the Game of the Year Edition of Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

The release of these games to the streaming service coincides with a promotional offer for a 12-month PlayStation Now subscription, which Sony is offering for $99.99, less than half of the regular price. The offer expires January 11.

The full list of new games on PlayStation Now as of today follows:

Anarchy: Rush Hour
Armageddon Riders
Bentley's Hackpack
Big Sky: Infinity
Class of Heroes 2G
Crash Commando
detuned
Doki-Doki Universe
Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires
Dynasty Warriors 7: Xtreme Legends
Eat Them!
Elefunk
Everyday Shooter
Flow
Flower
Go! Puzzle
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ghosts of Sparta
Gravity Crash
Heavenly Sword
Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
Invizimals: The Lost Kingdom
Journey
Killzone 2
Killzone HD
Lemmings
Linger in Shadows
Mamorukun Curse!
Numblast
Okabu
PixelJunk Eden Encore
PixelJunk Monster Encore
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Ricochet HD
Savage Moon
The Unfinished Swan
Toy Home
Trash Panic
Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Game of the Year Edition
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late
Wakeboarding HD
When Vikings Attack
White Knight Chronicles
Xblaze Code: Embryo


Source: PlayStation Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/01/05/40-ps3-exclusives-added-to-ps-now-subscription-today/]

Permalink
 

Lufia Erim

New member
Mar 13, 2015
1,420
0
0
I checked the PS NOW thing and i see nothing, NOT A THING, that would justify me paying such an (arguably ) hefty subscription. I have yet to meet a person (in real life) who is subscribed to this service.

Hell there is nothing on this list that i even want to play
 

Lufia Erim

New member
Mar 13, 2015
1,420
0
0
I checked the PS NOW thing and i see nothing, NOT A THING, that would justify me paying such an (arguably ) hefty subscription. I have yet to meet a person (in real life) who is subscribed to this service.

Hell there is nothing on this list that i even want to play
 

gillnavisingh

Stick a Cupca- AUGH!
Jan 13, 2010
58
0
0
As few backwards compatible 360 titles as there are, at least you don't have to pay again to play on Xbox One
 

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
1,660
264
88
gillnavisingh said:
As few backwards compatible 360 titles as there are, at least you don't have to pay again to play on Xbox One
Apples and oranges, actually. Playstation Now is a platform independent service that lets you play a selection of over 400 PS3 games on a wide variety of devices. Devices include PS3, PS4, PS Vita, PS Tv, a select selection of Sony Tv's, Blu-ray players and Samsung Tv's.
This program has the potential to be huge, as long as they are willing to stick with it for long enough and support enough devices to make it as wide spread as possible.
 

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
724
0
0
bluegate said:
Apples and oranges, actually. Playstation Now is a platform independent service that lets you play a selection of over 400 PS3 games on a wide variety of devices. Devices include PS3, PS4, PS Vita, PS Tv, a select selection of Sony Tv's, Blu-ray players and Samsung Tv's.
This program has the potential to be huge, as long as they are willing to stick with it for long enough and support enough devices to make it as wide spread as possible.
I know that Sony is in a rough spot when it comes to making PS3 games available without the ability to emulate them on a PS4, but I really wish they'd put more effort into porting PS2 games to the PS4. Especially since I had a sizable collection of PS2 games on my old PS3 that I no longer have access to. Really should've kept my old PS3...but meh.

I'd also like to see Sony start porting Vita games to the PS4. I'd really like to play Persona 4: Golden, but don't want to pay for a Vita in order to do so.
 

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
1,660
264
88
SlumlordThanatos said:
I know that Sony is in a rough spot when it comes to making PS3 games available without the ability to emulate them on a PS4, but I really wish they'd put more effort into porting PS2 games to the PS4. Especially since I had a sizable collection of PS2 games on my old PS3 that I no longer have access to. Really should've kept my old PS3...but meh.

I'd also like to see Sony start porting Vita games to the PS4. I'd really like to play Persona 4: Golden, but don't want to pay for a Vita in order to do so.
Couldn't agree more. An optimistic person might say that seeing as they only just started with porting over PS2 games to the PS4 last month, that there is still a lot to come, but personally I feel that they will only port over a small amount of PS2 games.
I also dislike how PS3 PS2 Classics aren't cross buy with PS4 PS2 Classics, not even a way to update by paying a small fee...
 

Sleepy Sol

New member
Feb 15, 2011
1,831
0
0
I still can't get behind this service. What made just buying your games and downloading them permanently such a problem? Why couldn't they keep the excellent store system they had going on with the Vita and PS3? Just feels ridiculous to pay PS+ to play online, and then pay another sub so you can...rent games. Along with it being a streaming service, so if your net is ass, tough luck.
 

Volothos

New member
Dec 31, 2008
326
0
0
White Knight Chronicles, god that game had a great online feature. Still have #2 thankfully, but I do hope others get to try it.
 

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
1,698
0
0
Why no Burnout? Paradise City was a solid entry into the franchise and I for one had to sell my backward-compatible PS3, all games included, in order to get my PS4. Since Burnout games aren't being made anymore I'd at least like to see this one show up in the PS4 PSN somehow.