Sony Admits Private PSN Info Has Been Stolen - All Of It

Grifff

Mar 3, 2010
This news does show how major of an attack it was 0.0 im sorry for the ps3 owners

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Also everyone is saying how bad their security is when no one knows what it is but the Hackers.

For all we know it could've been increadibly hard to get into. Hackers are known to be persistant.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
insanelich said:
Awexsome said:
insanelich said:
Awexsome said:
Good ol' hackers. Fighting for your consumer rights against the evil corporation that takes away your rights...

Oh wait they have been douchebags the whole time in this case. Nevermind. Fuck you Geohotz for probably causing all this by releasing that code. If not then you certainly encouraged it.
So you're blaming Geohot and "hackers"... for stealing your credit card data? Hah.

Nope, matey. This is just good old fashioned online criminals.
Online criminals who wouldn't have been able to do this without the help of Geohotz. And "hackers" those hackers are the criminals. They are one and the same. Period.
Okay, so you got any evidence of these accusations?

Or any evidence at all to support your outlandish claims? No? Thought so.
Custom PS3's that would have the authority to do this were impossible without the root key posted by Geohotz.

This is why the key wasn't released by Sony. Is it that hard to get through your head?

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Jesus christ... no wonder they shut all of PSN down, they were in full blown panic mode. Has there ever been a screw up of THIS kind of magnitude before? Makes me glad I'm a 360 player I guess... but wow, I didn't see this coming.

danintexas

Jul 30, 2010
So what really. I have gotten notices from nearly every credit card I own that my information was stolen. I have even gotten one from my lovely state even.

Someone want my address - fine come over and visit. Someone want to rack up thousands on my credit card? Fine - Has happened before - call bank - get new card. Live off cash for 5 days. Not really a big deal IMO.

At least in this case I can play my PS3. My 360 still has left me with a total of 6 weeks of non-playability because of shitty hardware.

Still the tears from people foaming at the mouth about Sony are sweet.

forsinain42

Oct 14, 2009
I know this isn't Sonys fault but do you know what is?

Taking 6 days to tell us this.

6 days of people possible having our credit card info.

Thanks Sony. Thanks for not giving a fuck about your customers and only caring about your fucking corporate image.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
[HEADING=1]WANKERS![/HEADING]

Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I don't blame Sony, even if this does mean that their firewalls weren't up to scratch...

I blame the hackers. GTFO my personal details, bitches...

Motakikurushi

Jul 22, 2009
Well that's knocked off 10 years of my life. Either that or I'm going to have a cardiac arrest. Not only is the concept of my personal data being stolen terrifying, what's even more terrifying is that Sony, a massive corporation, couldn't do anything to stop it. It's like a drug-induced nightmare incarnate. The only thing that's left for me is to spew profanities while changing all of my personal details.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
on that note i don't have a credit card at all and my money is safe as can be no weird spending just all the stuff i bought myself

Omeene

Oct 14, 2009
Awexsome said:
Custom PS3's that would have the authority to do this were impossible without the root key posted by Geohotz.

This is why the key wasn't released by Sony. Is it that hard to get through your head?
You wouldn't of hacked this with a PS3, but with a computer. Jailbroken PS3's have nothing to do with this, neither does the root key. They are two separate cases totally.

Arachon

Jun 23, 2008
erbkaiser said:
[...]as whoever is behind this new attack wouldn't have been able to compromise the PSN without Hotz's work.
I... What?

Your profile says you're a network admin, surely you must realize that there is a way to access the PSN network that doesn't go through the consoles themselves?

DEAD34345

Aug 18, 2010
Awexsome said:
insanelich said:
Awexsome said:
insanelich said:
Awexsome said:
Good ol' hackers. Fighting for your consumer rights against the evil corporation that takes away your rights...

Oh wait they have been douchebags the whole time in this case. Nevermind. Fuck you Geohotz for probably causing all this by releasing that code. If not then you certainly encouraged it.
So you're blaming Geohot and "hackers"... for stealing your credit card data? Hah.

Nope, matey. This is just good old fashioned online criminals.
Online criminals who wouldn't have been able to do this without the help of Geohotz. And "hackers" those hackers are the criminals. They are one and the same. Period.
Okay, so you got any evidence of these accusations?

Or any evidence at all to support your outlandish claims? No? Thought so.

Still seems like it was Sony's fault to me, for leaving a damn code in the PS3 that made you capable of stealing all their data. I mean sure, the hacker who did this is to blame too, but Geohotz did nothing wrong.

webby

Sep 13, 2010
RatRace123 said:
GODFUCKING DAMNIT!!! FUCK WHOEVER DID THIS, SERIOUSLY FUCK THEM!!!
WHAT POSSIBLE PURPOSE COULD THEY HAVE FOR ALL THIS BULLSHIT!?
Well, now they have a shit load of personal information and possibly credit card details. I was wondering where the end game was in taking PSN out of action for a while, I was hoping for a phone call and ransom demands made at Sony but this makes more sense I guess.

Instead of a crazy ransom story though we just get boring old identity theft, shame on you criminals. Sony really should have been taking more care of customers personal information though.