Sony Advertising Brings Kevin Butler of War III

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
BehattedWanderer said:
...Kevin Butler, regional manager of war. Anyone else remember when he just sleeping with our lives, and stealing our children? Talk about a promotion. And WHERE can I get one of those Kratos figurines for my desk?
Pffft...I want a Kevin Butler figure.
That's lame.I wan´t Kevin Butler in person on my desk.And hopefully as hilarious as he is in the playstation ads.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
RanD00M said:
Susan Arendt said:
BehattedWanderer said:
...Kevin Butler, regional manager of war. Anyone else remember when he just sleeping with our lives, and stealing our children? Talk about a promotion. And WHERE can I get one of those Kratos figurines for my desk?
Pffft...I want a Kevin Butler figure.
That's lame.I wan´t Kevin Butler in person on my desk.And hopefully as hilarious as he is in the playstation ads.
Oh, well played, sir. Well played.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
It's official. Kevin Butler is the anti-Kaz Hirai.

And I say that's good enough for celebration. :D

nYuknYuknYuk

Jul 12, 2009
Pendragon9 said:
It's official. Kevin Butler is the anti-Kaz Hirai.

And I say that's good enough for celebration. :D

Lol I had forgotten about that awful E3 presentation. Thank god for Kevin Butler.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
The page won't load for me beyond the headline :'(

Edit: Okay, Firefox manages to get it running, Opera doesn't. Huh.

Well, absolutely hilarious, this has to be the best one yet ;D

SMOKEMNHALO2001

Sep 10, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
PayJ567 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Oh god. Kevin Butler is fantastic. He's ensured my purchase of a PS3...once I get a job.
I agree he is awesome. Him Little Big Planet, MAG, MGS and all those other ones have convinced me to get a ps3 though.
Ewww...I hate MGS. Ratchet and Clank, ftw!
Just for saying that you win my good friend.
Butler is awesome, with him and Dante's Inferno can we safely say 2010 has the best adverts for video games?

EmeraldGreen

Professional Lurker
Mar 19, 2009
Gladion said:
The page won't load for me beyond the headline :'(

Edit: Okay, Firefox manages to get it running, Opera doesn't. Huh.
Yeah, my Opera is doing the same thing. But if I edit the source code and add a tag for the first video, it works.

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
When i saw the "Insignificant other" as the womans tag i lost it laughing let alone the rest of the ad....also when she says "totally ignoring me" in that voice and pulls that face oh god, sorry it wasn't Kevin Butler that made this ad awesome for me but that woman did.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
squid5580 said:
And can someone explain to me why they want age verification for a TV ad?
Getting a rating from the ESRB has limitations. If your game is being rated, you not have to specify the rating in all your advertising. If your game is rated M (or likely to be rated M) you're also required to implement age gates.

If the ads don't follow the rules, the ESRB can fine the publisher of the game (and it's a pretty considerable fine).

That's why some of the contests and such that we run have age gates in front of them as well.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Virgil said:
squid5580 said:
And can someone explain to me why they want age verification for a TV ad?
Getting a rating from the ESRB has limitations. If your game is being rated, you not have to specify the rating in all your advertising. If your game is rated M (or likely to be rated M) you're also required to implement age gates.

If the ads don't follow the rules, the ESRB can fine the publisher of the game (and it's a pretty considerable fine).

That's why some of the contests and such that we run have age gates in front of them as well.
Thanks for that. Although it doesn't really explain the stupidity of it. Not the age gates or the need for them for tons of stuff. That is not what I percieve is the problem. It is the fact this ad will air on TV age gate free for people of all ages to see so why make us jump through hoops to see it online?

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
The Kevin Butler piece is just awesome. The other more generic ad show more game play, but is not as compelling.

Regional Manager of War.... How the hell do I get that job..