Sony Advertising Brings Kevin Butler of War III

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Sony Advertising Brings Kevin Butler of War III

Did you really think that Sony's marketing team wouldn't use the hilarious Kevin Butler series to promote God of War III [http://www.amazon.com/God-War-III-Playstation-3/dp/B000ZK9QCS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968473&sr=1-1]? Really?

[viddler=ae2edab5]

Yada yada, Funk loves Kevin Butler, blah blah, would bear his children if laws of nature allowed for it, etc. In today's episode of the "Sony's Advertising Department Finally Got It Together Chronicles," the Sony rep - now promoted to Regional Manager of War (which is up there with Bandai's Chief Gundam Officer in terms of coolest job titles ever) - tries to help a young lady whose boyfriend is absorbed by Kratos' revenge-a-thon. Well, sort of. Okay, maybe he doesn't actually help her. A man of his stature is busy, you know!

Sony also revealed a new 15-second TV spot for GoW3 that, while doing a very good job at making the game look cool as all hell, is Kevin-Butler-less and therefore not worthy of comment. But we'll embed it below nonetheless, just for the hell of it.

[viddler=aa9f94b9]

(Via PS Blog [http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/09/it-only-does-epic-trilogies/])

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Oh god. Kevin Butler is fantastic. He's ensured my purchase of a PS3...once I get a job.

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
Ah, the classic 'ignoring girlfriend over hot new videogame' scenario, will you ever age? The answer of course being no.

Onyx Oblivion said:
Oh god. Kevin Butler is fantastic.
This chap has hit the nail on the head. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I don't even care about the games or the system this fellow is advertising, but damn are those ads ever funny. And since I don't actually watch TV live, I'd never see them if Funk wasn't a ridiculously massive fan, so I guess it's awesome that he is, heh.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
PayJ567 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Oh god. Kevin Butler is fantastic. He's ensured my purchase of a PS3...once I get a job.
I agree he is awesome. Him Little Big Planet, MAG, MGS and all those other ones have convinced me to get a ps3 though.
Ewww...I hate MGS. Ratchet and Clank, ftw!

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Ah I love those Kevin Butler PS3 ads. It just never gets old.

And God of War 3 looks awesome as well.

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
I can't get the ad to load for some odd reason (well here anyways). The bottom ad loads up but not the Butler one. Nothing shows up where the video should be.

And can someone explain to me why they want age verification for a TV ad?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
...Kevin Butler, regional manager of war. Anyone else remember when he just sleeping with our lives, and stealing our children? Talk about a promotion. And WHERE can I get one of those Kratos figurines for my desk?

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
BehattedWanderer said:
...Kevin Butler, regional manager of war. Anyone else remember when he just sleeping with our lives, and stealing our children? Talk about a promotion. And WHERE can I get one of those Kratos figurines for my desk?
Pffft...I want a Kevin Butler figure.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
well... i loved the "It only does: RAGE" part of the commercial

but i watched it without sound because im at work, so i will watch it later better

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Ah, makes me proud to own a PS3.

Just like most other things about it.

I love it.

And Kevin Butler.

Can we have a clone?

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
We had to suffer a lot to get Kevin Butler. I mean, stereotypical squirrels anyone? However, the stuff he's done, he's pretty much made up for it. Not an easy task but he did it.

breadlord

Apr 21, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
BehattedWanderer said:
How about both?

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Its only does [HEADING=1]VENGANCE[/HEADING] and [HEADING=1]RAGE[/HEADING]

Love it XD

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
BehattedWanderer said:
...Most Definitely! There should be Kevin Butler Merchandise.

And wow, the Escapist Staff really loves Kevin Butler.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
For those interested, he has a Facebook fan page. [http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Kevin-Butler-from-Sonys-Ad-Campaigns/127235177739?ref=nf]

The wait is finally over. Kevin Butler, [HEADING=1]Regional Manager of War,[/HEADING] strikes gold yet again.