Sony and Spike TV Team Up for Uncharted 3 Reality Show

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Sony and Spike TV Team Up for Uncharted 3 Reality Show

A few minutes of TV fame can be yours, as long as you don't mind helping to sell the latest game from Naughty Dog.

Sony and Spike TV are looking for anyone who fancies him or herself as a real world Nathan Drake. Sadly, they're not hoping to recover any priceless antiquities; instead, they want people to take part in a reality TV/game show to promote Uncharted 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-3-Drakes-Deception-Playstation/dp/B004EQCCI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314793902&sr=8-1].

According to its press release, the show, tentatively titled "Uncharted 3: Race to the Ring," will bring the "breathtaking cinematic action" of Uncharted 3 to life, presumably through some kind of Wipeout/Ninja Warrior-style obstacle course, with a bit of videogame playing and puzzle solving thrown in for good measure. I wouldn't be too surprised to see some kind of gun-themed event in there either, perhaps even with a non-lethal, "Team Deathmatch" set up.

In order to enter, you have to be a US resident aged 21 or older, have a valid driver's license, and be able to travel on the week of October 3rd. You also need to download [http://www.gametrailers.com/docs/U3LegalCastingDocs.zip] and fill out a series of rather long forms and email them back to Spike TV at [email protected], along with a link to a video, image, or paragraph explaining why you should get a spot on the show.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception comes out for PS3 on November 1st.

Source: GameTrailers [http://www.gametrailers.com/news/uncharted-3-drake-s-deception/3823]

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
OutrageousEmu said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Sony and Spike TV are looking for anyone who fancies him or herself as a real world Nathan Drake.
I hope Nathan Fillion signs up
That would take the show from "kind of silly," to "very silly, but also great."

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
somehow it seems like uncharted is a bit too highbrow for spiketv

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010
OutrageousEmu said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Sony and Spike TV are looking for anyone who fancies him or herself as a real world Nathan Drake.
I hope Nathan Fillion signs up
I knew this would be on the first page. I just knew it.

OT: I want to watch it, wonder if it'll be good, here's hoping.

actually, wonder if it'd air on the 3rd, or later?

dmase

Mar 12, 2009
This sounds like that show that came on nicklodeon alongggg time ago called like temple warriors or something like that. That was a cool show. I'll probably end up watching it because i've been getting into these shows that try to push the physical and mental limits of contestants.

Egh just put the guys from the American ninja warrior team on there they'll probably destroy the course.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
The first thing I thought of when I saw the title is 'there going to make this into a reality show like big brother" luckily I was very wrong and this idea actually sounds very interesting and I might watch it.