Sony Announces "14 for '14" PS Store Sale

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Sony Announces "14 for '14" PS Store Sale

The PlayStation Store is discounting 14 select PS3 and Vita games from January 14th until January 21st.

Tomorrow will be a good day for PlayStation fans. In addition to adding Bioshock: Infinite to the PS Plus Instant Game Collection, Sony will be hosting a special "14 for '14" promotion offering some hefty discounts on digital edition software for the PS3 and Vita. To be more specific, standard customers will stand to save up to 50 percent on PS Store wares while PS Plus subscribers will receive a discount up to 75 whopping percent.

None of this would mean very much, of course, without some decent games. Luckily, the promotion will include a number of popular and acclaimed titles that should be more than enough to to separate gamers from their cash. PS3 owners will be privy to the following:

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - $3.75 PS Plus/$7.49 Standard Sale
Crysis 3 - $5 PS Plus/$9.99 Standard Sale
Deus Ex Human Revolution: Director's Cut - $13.49 PS Plus/$14.99 Standard Sale
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition - $5 PS Plus/$9.99 Standard Sale
F1 2013 - $20.99 PS Plus/$29.99 Standard
Far Cry: Blood Dragon - $3.75 PS Plus/$7.49 Standard Sale
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (Cross Buy) - $5.24 PS Plus/$7.49 Standard Sale
Pool Nation - $2.25 PS Plus/$4.49 Standard Sale
Puppeteer - $7 PS Plus/$13.99 Standard Sale
Rain - $3.75 PS Plus/$7.49 Standard Sale
Rayman Legends-$35.99 PS Plus/$47.99 Standard Edition
Tales of Xillia - $10.00 PS Plus/$19.99 Standard Sale
The Wolf Among Us Season Pass - $13.49 PS Plus/$14.99 Standard Sale
Thomas Was Alone (Cross Buy) - $2.50 PS Plus/$4.99 Standard Sale

Vita owners, meanwhile, will be able to take advantage of discounts on these games:

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - $7.50 PS Plus/$14.99 Standard
Killzone: Mercenary - $9 PS Plus/$17.99 Standard
Limbo - $3.75 PS Plus/$7.49 Standard
Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut (Cross Buy) - $5.24 PS Plus/$7.49 Standard
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker - $5 PS Plus/$9.99 Standard
Pixeljunk Monsters: Ultimate HD - $3.75 PS Plus/$7.49 Standard
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time - $6.75 PS Plus/$13.49 Standard
Soul Sacrifice - $9 PS Plus/$17.99 Standard
Spelunky (Cross Buy) - $3.75 PS Plus/$7.49 Standard
Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark (Cross Buy) - $4.19 PS Plus/$5.99 Standard
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - $5 PS Plus/$9.99 Standard
Thomas Was Alone (Cross Buy) - $2.50 PS Plus/$4.99 Standard
Velocity Ultra Vita - $2 PS Plus/$3.99 Standard
Worms Revolution Extreme - $3.75 PS Plus/$7.49 Standard

These discounts will run for a week, lasting from Jan. 14 until Jan. 21. That in mind, we're curious to hear if there's anything among the sale items that you're particularly interested in. Personally, I'm probably going to pick up a season pass for The Wolf Among Us and maybe invest in the digital version of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker The PS Plus discount for Killzone: Mercenary also looks pretty danged sweet. We'll see though, even us wealthy game journalists have limits.

Source: PlayStation Blog

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Killzone Mercenary is really cheap. too bad the digital version drains more than 4gb.

I think I'll go for Puppeteer, I've been craving it for a while =D

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
Might as well try Tales of Xillia now then, as long as its actually in the European sale.

oh, its even worse, there is no sale in Europe... /sigh.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Oh wow, you mean I could've got The Wolf Among Us on PSN cheaper than it was on Steam Holiday sale? Not too shabby there, Sony.

Man, Puppeteer is looking really sweet at $14. I love me some platformers.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
Playstation Plus is one of the main reasons I'm sticking with Sony for this generation. On top of giving me free games, I get even further discounts on already amazing deals. Granted, I've yet to reap the benefits of the program on PS4 (limited library and all). Also, I'm a little bummed I already paid for Wolf Among Us.

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Raggedstar said:
Oh wow, you mean I could've got The Wolf Among Us on PSN cheaper than it was on Steam Holiday sale? Not too shabby there, Sony.

Man, Puppeteer is looking really sweet at $14. I love me some platformers.
That indeed was my thought exactly. I was going to buy Wolf on Steam, but just didn't get around to it. Then I played the demo on PS3 and now I regret it. Now? Not so much. Going to be very busy with the new games.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
Lone Survivor as a Cross Buy title, and Xillia for $10? Hell yes.

Thank you Sony, bring us more promotions like this please.

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Earthfield said:
Killzone Mercenary is really cheap. too bad the digital version drains more than 4gb.

I think I'll go for Puppeteer, I've been craving it for a while =D
Ugh, I had forgotten how big Mercenary was. I had been on the fence about buying it digital, but now I think I'll just wait. I still have to beat Shadow Fall any ways.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
PS+ Blood Dragon price... $3.75. If you don't have it, PS3 is just fine to play it on. And that price is nice nice nice.