Sony Announces "Cross Buy"

kyoodle

Dec 4, 2009
Tiamattt said:
So would there be a way to transfer saved game files from the vita to the ps3 and vice versa? I'm not going to complain about a free extra game copy but it would be kinda silly to play a game on the ps3 and then totally repeat what you just did if you want to play it on the go with the vita.
Yeah that's what the cloud saves are for, the PS3/Vita will get the save data from your PSN account.

mirage202

Mar 13, 2012
A question for anybody that already owns a Vita.

I have large hands, my PSP-3000 was great, but became rather uncomfortable after a short while, especially with games that required the shoulder buttons. How does the Vita compare in this regard?

unstabLized

Mar 9, 2012
Awesome idea. I'm a bit surprised it wasn't done earlier, but good that it's being done none the less. Now all we need is some hot titles to go along with it.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
ResonanceGames said:
It's about time. I love my Vita, but it's been a struggle to justify the damn thing.
That's primarily why I haven't got one yet, though the Resistance game looks good (the reviewers can fuck off I love Resistance...) but otherwise not much there for me at the moment.

This does tempt me though, I mean, I could go on vacation and keep playing Sly? Oh sign me up Sony, between this and giving me Dead Space 2 and Saints Row 2 for free you're really starting to pick up the slack.

Now spread it to third parties and get better third party support on the format.

Kingdom Hearts 3 cross play by 2015 maybe? :p

Ninjat_126

Nov 19, 2010
Furioso said:
So I can play the new Sly Cooper game in my living room AND all snuggly in my bed for no extra cost? Oh I like this, I like this a lot
I suddenly want a Vita. It is winter here and I have too few blankets in my gaming room.

Zombie_Moogle said:
Took Sony long enough to figure this one out.
Seriously, this should have been done at release. It's just good business
"We get free games? Took them long enough."

Seriously, I get where you're coming from, but at least try to sound slightly grateful?

SkarKrow said:
(the reviewers can fuck off I love Resistance...)
I love that series way more than I should. It's kind of embarrassing.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
ohhhh! Colour me intrigued!

May have to go on the christmas list now!

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
ForgottenPr0digy said:
I wonder if the new black ops II game for VITA could count?

I also heard they are making a new killzone game for the VITA
At present it's only first party games but it could easily spread to others, and isn't the Vita black ops a different game than the home version of blops2? If it did follow this then it would kick ass though.

Yeah they are indeed making Killzone Vita, also lots of rumblings of Killzone 4 but I reckon that'll be a PS4 launch game (which would make it's launch lineup rather strong indeed all on it's own if the machine is backwards compatible)

Captcha: strike three

Yes Captcha, that is indeed 3 very good balls Sony have pitched in the past year

(this)
(resistance 3)
(10 free BD games at any time on PS+ with them changing every month)

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
Awesome, now all they need to do is manage to fully hack the Vita and I'll be all over one.

Zombie_Moogle

Dec 25, 2008
Ninjat_126 said:
Zombie_Moogle said:
Took Sony long enough to figure this one out.
Seriously, this should have been done at release. It's just good business
"We get free games? Took them long enough."

Seriously, I get where you're coming from, but at least try to sound slightly grateful?
No. They are a business. I will not be grateful for them giving me the "privilege" of sending them my money.
Anybody want my money? Offer me something worthwhile & I'll consider it.

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Considering that I don't have the PS3, nor do I plan buying it, this doesn't affect me at all. I would rather see a price drop and the memory card included without some insane extra charge.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
I don't have a vita but it is still pretty sweet deal and makes sense, if you've already invested in ps3 and vita, and rewarding that investment with getting both versions of a game for the price of one. Good business I say from Sony.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
I gotta admit it's a fine move on Sony's part and if I were them I would be brow beating every third party maker of PS3/Vita games into supporting it. The Vita is an absolutely amazing handheld that has been kneecapped by a total void of any meaningful software.

If they keep tapping into things like this and expanding remote play and the like The Vita will catch on and people will start to see it's potential. If not it will just be the DS/PSP all over again. Sony will have the overall better piece of hardware but play second fiddle because they are so far back in the software department.

As it stands I have both a 3DS and a Vita but rarely take them out with me as there really isn't anything out there that registers as "Must Play" right now. Right now I just rely on my Droid Bionic for my gaming on the go needs and honestly I'm happy as a pig in shit playing through the Android version of Final Fantasy 3 with Spectral Souls and Generation of Chaos both waiting in reserve.

deadish

Dec 4, 2011
LOL. Sony literally can't win with some people.

If they do something good, these people start yelling, "Why didn't they do it sooner?!" or "It's only because they aren't doing well, that they are bucking up!".

These people are like the stereotypical "high expectation" asian parents, "Why only A, why no A+?!" or "You don't get good marks if I don't yell at you because you are lazy!.".

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
This only makes sense. These game companies are so behind the times. That feature has been on Steam for a couple of years now. If you buy a copy of a game on Steam that runs on multiple OS's, then you get a copy for each at no extra charge. They need to do something to vitalize the Vita. If Sony wasn't so filthy rich, they wouldn't even be in this industry.