Sony Announces Free PlayStation Plus Games for July

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Sony Announces Free PlayStation Plus Games for July

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1416/1416366.jpgJuly's free PlayStation Plus games have been announced, and one of them is Telltale's Game of Thrones.

The monthly PlayStation Plus lineup is sometimes good, and sometimes disappointing. This month, it's a good month. There are six games available for Plus subscribers as usual, and three of them are playable on PS4.

PlayStation 4 owners get horror game Until Dawn and Telltale's Game of Thrones just in time to prepare for the launch of Season 7 of the show on July 16.

For PS3, you get Darkstalkers Resurrections. That actually includes two games: [/I]Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge[/I] and Darkstalkers 3. You also get your chance to play as an animal in Tokyo Jungle.

Finally, Vita owners will get action game Don't Die, Mr. Robot (which has cross-play with PS4) and indie platformer Element4l.

July's games will go live on Tuesday, July 4. That means that if you want June's free games (including Killing Floor 2 and Life is Strange), you need to grab them before then.

[gallery=7540]

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Aw. I already have those PS4 games :( But still, they are good ones, especially Until Dawn! I really enjoyed that one.

CellShaded

Aug 8, 2009
Maaaaaan, Sony please. Maybe some PS4 games that involve a bit more gameplay (or ones I don't already own. That would be good too). Do love those two offerings, though.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Huh, I was just thinking of buying Until Dawn since it's been pretty cheap lately. Guess this saves me the trouble at least.

The Raw Shark

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
Nov 19, 2014
So Until Dawn, a game where I wanted almost the entire cast dead for being a bunch of repulsive, passive aggressive, petty, vicious twats when I played.
And the other option is TellTale Games' Game of Thrones, the game that is the defining point for why TellTale really isn't fooling anyone with it's "Illusion of Choice" crap. The illusion isn't even there anymore.

I'll pass, Sony.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
The Raw Shark said:
So Until Dawn, a game where I wanted almost the entire cast dead for being a bunch of repulsive, passive aggressive, petty, vicious twats when I played.
And the other option is TellTale Games' Game of Thrones, the game that is the defining point for why TellTale really isn't fooling anyone with it's "Illusion of Choice" crap. The illusion isn't even there anymore.

I'll pass, Sony.
^Basically all of this^
I had to stop playing Before Dawn, a game about keeping people alive when I wanted the entire cast dead after 45 minutes wasn't much fun for me. Also I really don't like Game of Thrones or Telltale games (Game of Thrones just passed me by, I know some people adore it but I was bored two chapters into the first book and three episodes into the show, and Telltale are just reskinning the same game over and over)

The Playstation plus games used to have more variety, everyone I've downloaded recently was disappointing (In fact the last one I downloaded and still have is Tropico 5)

The Raw Shark

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.
Nov 19, 2014
putowtin said:
I had to stop playing Before Dawn, a game about keeping people alive when I wanted the entire cast dead after 45 minutes wasn't much fun for me. Also I really don't like Game of Thrones or Telltale games (Game of Thrones just passed me by, I know some people adore it but I was bored two chapters into the first book and three episodes into the show, and Telltale are just reskinning the same game over and over)

The Playstation plus games used to have more variety, everyone I've downloaded recently was disappointing (In fact the last one I downloaded and still have is Tropico 5)
Yeah it's real shame what PS Plus is with the free games. I mean the last two free games were Life is Hipsterswillthinkthisisthebestshiteversowhydowehavetocareanyway, and Killing Floor 2.

And surprisingly enough Killing Floor 2 still worked well on the console, so I had no complaints for half of it. Now I can't even expect that for the deals.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Jesus when are they gonna do Watch Dogs or Sleeping Dogs? Doesn't have to be dog related, I just want old AAA that I wouldn't normally bother with.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Bob_McMillan said:
Jesus when are they gonna do Watch Dogs or Sleeping Dogs?
Good to have one of each console. Both are on Xbox Live.

I already had Watch Dogs for Wii U. Be fun to compare/contrast.

I too already had Until Dawn. Have to check out these other offerings ASAP.

Truth to tell though: free games from either subscription have seemed REALLY weak so far this entire year. I wonder why that is?

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
One i already own and the other i don't really feel like playing even for free. Eh..