Sony: Backwards Compatibility Is Never Coming Back

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
I'm confused about this, I've played several dozen PS2 games on my PS3 and even a few PS1 games... aren't the games backwards compatible?

Also, they are absolute fucktards if they refuse to make games backwards compatible, unless they plan to re-release the games on the next console.

PyroZombie

Apr 24, 2009
Are you fucking daffy, random person from Sony I never heard of? What the hell are you talking about, most people will shell out they're PS2s for PS3s because they expect you not to have your head up your ass.

What exactly are people supposed to play if they just buy this system, and ONLY the system? Play with themselves using the Blu-Ray feature is the only thing the comes to mind, pun not intended.

fact of the matter is, Sony caught the retard bug.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Well, I'm just getting myself a modded PS2, and ignoring the PS3 for another year or two.

Woem

May 28, 2009
Leaving out backwards compatibility is a great way to make money out of remakes. Those things seem to be popular these days.

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
Come on, this is Sony, if any one is truly angered or bemused by their actions,then what rock are they living under?

Ninja_X

Aug 9, 2009
Why the hell would they do this?

People don't get a ps3 to play old games? The ps3 doesn't have many good games by itself.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I just bought Hitman: Blood money second hand as it was one of those games I always wanted, but was too young/poor to get. Now I can play it, upscaled, on my original, and best, 60Gb PS3. After it was released they just kept on taking features away. The European ones didn't come with hardware PS2 support, only Emulation, and other models didn't have memory card slots.

TurkeyProphet

Aug 18, 2009
WAH WAH WAH.

What is wrong with you people?
If you wanted to play PS2 games then why not just keep your PS2? It's not like you'd be able to sell it for much it now anyways. And when you could sell it or trade it in on a PS3 for a decent amount of money the PS3 was BC.

I've never once gone back to play my PS2 games because I've already played them! It's not like they are realeasing a whole bunch of exciting new PS2 games.

I don't think sony care about a rather small minority.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Makes me glad I kept my PS2.

I do find this a bit foolish on Sonys part but then again this may be lead to a price cut people want.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
TurkeyProphet said:
WAH WAH WAH.

If you wanted to play PS2 games then why not just keep your PS2? It's not like you'd be able to sell it for much it now anyways. And when you could sell it or trade it in on a PS3 for a decent amount of money the PS3 was BC.

I've never once gone back to play my PS2 games because I've already played them! It's not like they are realeasing a whole bunch of exciting new PS2 games.

ps2 owners are still alive and strong. silent hill : shattered memories is planned to be a ps2 port, so dont say no new ps2 games are coming out.
Well, then buy a ps2. Problem solved. Though that won't stop the complaints.

bushwhacker2k

Jan 27, 2009
Jarrid said:
bushwhacker2k said:
I'm confused about this, I've played several dozen PS2 games on my PS3 and even a few PS1 games... aren't the games backwards compatible?

Also, they are absolute fucktards if they refuse to make games backwards compatible, unless they plan to re-release the games on the next console.
It's not really a matter of the games being backwards compatible- all they are is the software. In order to run software, you need hardware that is compatible with the software.
In otherwords, they're refusing to make the PS3 backwards compatible, not the games- the PS2 games are fine. (Well, outside of the black death that is region coding.)
Sorry if this is obvious but I'm just not getting it... isn't backwards compatibility REFERRING to games? If not, what is it referring to?

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
TurkeyProphet said:
WAH WAH WAH.

I've never once gone back to play my PS2 games because I've already played them! It's not like they are realeasing a whole bunch of exciting new PS2 games.2

It is called a difference in opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
gof22 said:
TurkeyProphet said:
WAH WAH WAH.

I've never once gone back to play my PS2 games because I've already played them! It's not like they are realeasing a whole bunch of exciting new PS2 games.2

It is called a difference in opinion. Nothing wrong with that.
Well, you're at fault when you cast others and their opinions away like garbage. 360 fans like yourselves have a tendency to do that