Sony Blows PlayStation 2 Earnings On PlayStation 3

CAB0SE

Aug 20, 2008
But how long did San Andreas have to sell in comparison to GTA4?

Downgrading quality would work for everything but games like MSG4 and GTA4, which are only attainable on current-gen systems because of sheer size.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=7.68976.657612 said:
Then theres the picture quality, linkages to relevant sites and content on the internet (direct with your player), Subtitle style options (I know this isn't really important, but I just think thats cool), advancement by frame (again, cool), and an increased level of fine tuning available in picture and sound settings.
In order:$50 HD-DVD player(which upconverts) or $50 Upconvert DVD player,Again the HD-DVD player,any TV,EVERYTHING does that (DVD,iPOD,even the 360 and PSP),Repeating DVD player,HD-DVD player,and TV.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=7.68976.657639 said:
shatnershaman post=7.68976.657622 said:
Indigo_Dingo post=7.68976.657612 said:
Then theres the picture quality, linkages to relevant sites and content on the internet (direct with your player), Subtitle style options (I know this isn't really important, but I just think thats cool), advancement by frame (again, cool), and an increased level of fine tuning available in picture and sound settings.
In order:$50 HD-DVD player(which upconverts) or $50 Upconvert DVD player,Again the HD-DVD player,any TV,EVERYTHING does that (DVD,iPOD,even the 360 and PSP),Repeating DVD player,HD-DVD player,and TV.
Yeah, an HD DVD player is a real good investment at a time like this.
Advancement on a PSP or Ipod doesn't go by actual frames, it goes on seconds (I've got an iPod Video, I know). As for the regular DVD, yes, it does do that, however movement frames are always blurred. These are compensated and smoothed on a Blu-Ray player.
Yes, but a Blu-Ray does many of the settings and recommendations automatically - takes much of the work out of it.
Wasn't this what only Blu-ray could do? (HD-DVD did links and internet before blu-ray)
My PSP in front of me has a slow motion and a FRAME advance,press moves slightly (one frame),Wasn't this what only Blu-ray could do? and a 1080P HDMI upconvert/HD-DVD does that as well.So does TVs (from presets to those fancy Plasmas that do it automatically).

And there is something a DVD player can do that a Blu-Ray one can't, load the Movie Fast as in seconds not minutes.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
CAB0SE post=7.68976.657677 said:
Yours does that? Mine brings up the movies in a perfectly timely fasion
http://reviews.cnet.com/blu-ray-dvd-players/

Look at the times to load.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Indigo_Dingo post=7.68976.657698 said:
What the hell kind of movies are you watching? My Blu-ray copy of Sweeney Todd started playing 10 seconds after I put it in.
C(pun)the Cnet link and see the times.(One especially slow movie is Pirates of the Caribbean 3)

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
CAB0SE post=7.68976.657751 said:
Wait are we talking about standard players or the PS3? Mine is the second
Well I thought it was a broad Blu-Ray thing but I can't find PS3 playback times (a least from a "Professional site" like Cnet.).

CAB0SE

Aug 20, 2008
Ok, 20 seconds, but I had stopped the movie about a week ago because I wanted to play BF:BC, so there was some extra time because it had to find where I had previously stopped. It does that, I guess.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
CAB0SE post=7.68976.657782 said:
Ok, 20 seconds, but I had stopped the movie about a week ago because I wanted to play BF:BC, so there was some extra time because it had to find where I had previously stopped. It does that, I guess.
I'm talking a fresh load... like from nothing to menu to movie starting.

CAB0SE

Aug 20, 2008
Shoot, it was A Bridge Too Far, I like that one

Anyway, About 9 seconds until it was a selectable disc, 20 seconds until picture, then it did the FBI crap and went right on into the movie. I don't know, some of these just have built in menus that come up around the edges of the movie. Hold on, I'll try 300, but that's my last one.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
CAB0SE post=7.68976.657805 said:
Shoot, it was A Bridge Too Far, I like that one

Anyway, About 9 seconds until it was a selectable disc, 20 seconds until picture, then it did the FBI crap and went right on into the movie. I don't know, some of these just have built in menus that come up around the edges of the movie. Hold on, I'll try 300, but that's my last one.
Don't have to my point is it isn't the 5 seconds it takes for Rush Hour 3 on DVD.

CAB0SE

Aug 20, 2008
Ah, but what about unskippable previews before the menu?

300 was more of the same, I think the only Bluray I've seen with a proper menu was Die Hard 4

And is 30 seconds really that atrocious?

CAB0SE

Aug 20, 2008
crap, we're arguing again. It's 2 am and I have a world of nothing to do tommorrow

time for teh S733p