Sony Defends "Welcome Back" Reward Choices

Flare Phoenix

Dec 18, 2009
I'm still a little confused as to whether or not we actually keep the games: if you read the Europe blog it says "Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever." but I can't tell if that is talking about PS+ or the two games we get for free.

Anyone have any idea?

scar_47

Sep 25, 2010
There decent titles and with ps+ you not only get some free stuff for a month theres always a good deal or two to be had like 50% off a ps one game. Its a grab bag your not going to please everyone and anyone who expected a free newer retail game is off their rocker Sony already took several financial blows from this whole debacle they are giving us a good 40 dollars worth of free stuff yes it probably cost them less but their not going to put themselves out of business in an attempt to please those that just won't be happy with anything.

May 25, 2010
chuckey said:
I don't mind the list. I'm actually stuck between wipeout or dead nation (already decided on inFamous). What does annoy me was finding out that you need to keep a plus membership for stuff you downloaded while using it.
That's not true. Anything you download from the list you keep forever.

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
Therumancer said:
One of the few people who's posts held more substance then, "It's free stop crying!"

You know, I had written a post about how funny it was that people are upset that other people aren't happy with the compensation Sony is offering for it's failure in service to it's customers...

But then I realized it's not funny.

It's just horribly sad. And 90% of the sheep saying, "Stop being mad about free stuff." Are the reason why these giant corporations suck so horribly with customer service. Seriously they could quite literally crap on your mother in front of you. And you'd still be polishing their shoes with your tongue.

So sad. Guess I chose a good time to dig into PC gaming. At least there's some semblance of respect there.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
OutrageousEmu said:
Why don't people just choose inFAMOUS and LittleBigPlanet then trade in their physical copies of the game for cash or credit? Or sell them on Ebay?
Because how well do you think they will sell now or in the future, considering how many people go them for free?

Also, I heard mixed things about both those games.

OT: Anyone ever been on the WoW forums? Like this. People complaining that a server goes out, and says that they and Blizzard are "Done for good". Then the servers go back up, and everyone is happy again.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Chibz said:
People are HONESTLY complaining about receiving FREE games?

Maybe they should learn: don't look at gift horse in the mouth.
Everyone I know isn't complaining because the games are free, they're complaining because they're big sony fans who already own said games.

headshotcatcher

Feb 27, 2009
Icehearted said:
Chibz said:

Not so sure I'd call stolen credit card information or leaked personal data a gift-anything. Also, free doesn't exactly make up for the aforementioned non-gifty things that happened because Sony was asleep at the helm.
There aren't even any reports of money getting stolen yet, so yeahh..

ragestreet said:
I like the idea of free games but it doesn't really matter if they just get taken away after a month anyway.
The Playstation Plus gets taken away after a month, but the two games you pick stay permanently :)

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
Honestly, I'm overjoyed with the selection.

I've been eying Wipeout HD since day one, several friends have Dead Nation, and I have two accounts, meaning I can get all four games I don't already have (I have inFamous. Amazing game.)

I don't get why people are moaning... These are all decent games. I was expecting the games to be all along the line of Flower (Not saying it's bad, I've got it, played it, was pleasantly surprised).

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
I was pretty unimpressed with the download list. How many PS3 owners do you know that don't already own inFamous and LBP? Out of that list there's only two I don't own, which are Dead Nation and Super Stardust HD... and the reason I don't own them is that they're lame download mini-games, with no substance or purpose to them whatsoever. So my welcome back package is going to give me two shit games, awesome.

Also, what's the point of giving us 30 days of PS+ just to cut off everything we download through it? The only reason I can think of is to buy some dlc a tiny bit cheaper... so long as they don't charge you the difference when your 30 days runs out, that is. -_-

Oly J

Nov 9, 2009
I like the list, I never got around to playing LittleBigPlanet so I'll get that, and then it's either Dead Nation or Infamous, I already got Infamous ages ago but I'm not gonna turn down a free copy to play again

the amount of self-entitled dipsh*ts that would complain about this is frankly baffling, Sony didn't have to give anyone anything they could've just issued an apology or something, frankly I'm just happy to be able to play Metal Gear Online again, and I got The Orange Box on Saturday so the first online game I played when the network came back was Team Fortress 2 for the first time, and y'know what? being able to do that stuff again is good enough for me, maybe I'm a little less angry because I never put my credit card details on PSN but still, Sony have gone out of their way to give us free stuff, which they probably could've got away with not doing if they wanted

EDIT: also, I already subscribe to PS+ lacking a 360 since mine got the ring and I never replaced it

Spygon

May 16, 2009
I think sony have done rather well on what there have offered but they really had to suck it up here to get respected again they need to add a cherry on top if there going to even think of coming out this looking anykind of good.

Maybe a small amount of playstation store points or something.

TelHybrid

May 16, 2009
Chibz said:

Yeah. What morons. I mean jeez all it's costing them is the fact that their credit card details were leaked. No big deal...

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
It would have been nice with some newer games and an option for those that have already played all of the games, but under the circumstances I find it fair and I like the deal.