The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
KazeAizen said:
The White Hunter said:
KazeAizen said:
The White Hunter said:
Hah.

In defence of the Miiverse it is very well moderated, they tend to deal with bullshit quickly and effectively, and it does make it a nicer place to be when all the trolls are nuked from orbit.
Now if only Microsoft could pick up the pace on their "griefer hell" idea they announced a while back. Unless they've already started it and its just been that damn long since I last played a console of any sort.....college sucks sometimes.
I honestly couldn't tell you if they have since I don't yet own an X1.

Hell I only just bought a 360 tody (and got every exclusive I missed for £25, at least the ones I'm interested in.)

Griefer hell sounds like a good idea though, just not sure how it'd work out. Steam should implement something similar.
The basic idea is fantastic. Allow for player behavior rating post game. The rating drops with negative ratings and when that person gets tries match making he'll get stuck with people of a similar rating. Therefore all the racist and sexist griefers and trollers would all eventually end up stuck together and away from everyone else. I suppose if you can't stop them you can at least coral them away from everyone else. There is room for abuse of course but its freaking Microsoft. They have money and smart people. They could figure it out.
Oh they could certainly figure it out, however you have to draw a line between regular trash talk and having a laugh and genuine malicious bullshit.

Post match text-chat japery can be fun, but screaming racist 10 year olds who have had sex with my mother should be banished into the abyss with hackers.

dyre

Mar 30, 2011
Hmm, I'm going to avoid the low hanging fruit regarding how stupid it is to equate an expression of opinion ("I love PS") with advertising, and mention instead that for some reason, I find this Yoshida guy to be pretty likable. The open, friendly way that he discusses potentially embarrassing events that other business execs would probably never talk to journalists about is refreshing and pleasant.

Still won't upgrade from my PS3 though :p