Sony Has a Secret to Tell in Three Weeks

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Sony Has a Secret to Tell in Three Weeks

PlayStation 3 owners can look forward to a new exclusive reveal the day after the Spike TV Video Game Awards.

As a lifelong gamer, the Spike TV Video Game Awards can be hard to watch the whole way through, but that's typically true with all awards shows. For better or worse, the network has evidently been attempting to appeal to the more hardcore audience by hosting exclusive videogame reveals in the show's recent history. New information has made it likely that Sony will participate in such a reveal at this year's event to tease an upcoming PlayStation 3 exclusive.

Sony recently sent out a message asking that the press "save the date" of December 12, 2010 for an "exclusive PlayStation 3 reveal." The message also specifically mentions that it will occur "the day following the Spike Video Game Awards," so it'll likely be attached to the event in some way.

If you ask me, the message means that Sony will tease its PS3 exclusive at the VGAs with a trailer, and fully reveal it the day after. Thankfully, the tease will only last until 2PM PST the following day when Sony shows off what it's currently hiding under a tarp somewhere.

Sony now joins the ranks of other companies like BioWare and THQ planning to reveal new projects at the 2010 VGAs. BioWare has been interdimensional RPG epic [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105477-BioWare-Drops-Another-Hint]. Sony's mystery reveal doesn't have any associated rumors just yet, but it could be anything from Uncharted 3 to something brand new. Speculate at will.

Source: Joystiq [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/19/sony-revealing-new-ps3-exclusive-dec-12/]

Fumbleumble

Oct 17, 2010
I am sick to death of all the made up crap, all the hype, just so they can say their usual batch of nothing.

It's all just garbage... vga paying the companies to keep shtoom on other medias... it's all just corrupt bullshit.

If any of these companies actually gave a shit for YOU their bloody lifes blood, then they would tell you about their upcomings... not accept backhanders from vga just so they could tell you instead.

Xersues

DRM-free or give me death!
Dec 11, 2009
My guess is its Mass Effect 3.

Since we already know about Resistance 3, Portal 2, Twisted Metal, etc.

I am really hoping its something new however. I'm with Yahtzee in being really sick of sequels.

Ekim Takusan

Nov 13, 2010
They are finally going to make the PS3 backwards compatible? But, that is just my guess, and possibly my greatest hope. So that way I don't have to spend more money to play a game I alreay own for PS/PS2.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Now we jut need to wait for a division of Bioware Russia to be instantly created just to spoil the surprise of Sony's now

Subzerowings

May 1, 2009
Here's a question: "Why do the VGA's exist?"
Seriously, who thought this was going to be a good idea?
Do gamers even watch it?
Is there a purpose to try and lure some gamers to watch that award show just so they can see someting one day early?
I know people have different tastes, but I honestly want to know what kind of gamers watch this.
I don't mean to offend anyone, but it just seems wrong.

Whatever will be announced, I hope one of them will be PC related (that could be a multi-platform game).

Cheesebob

Oct 31, 2008
Ekim Takusan said:
They are finally going to make the PS3 backwards compatible? But, that is just my guess, and possibly my greatest hope. So that way I don't have to spend more money to play a game I alreay own for PS/PS2.
That will never, ever happen because of what you said "I don't have to spend more money to play a game I alreay own for PS/PS2.

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
Subzerowings said:
Here's a question: "Why do the VGA's exist?"
Seriously, who thought this was going to be a good idea?
Do gamers even watch it?
Is there a purpose to try and lure some gamers to watch that award show just so they can see someting one day early?
I know people have different tastes, but I honestly want to know what kind of gamers watch this.
I don't mean to offend anyone, but it just seems wrong.

Whatever will be announced, I hope one of them will be PC related (that could be a multi-platform game).
The gamers that I know and myself NEVER watch the VGAs. Waste of time.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Subzerowings said:
It's Sony. They would much rather everyone ignore the fact that PC gaming still exists.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Yeah, there may be a Mass Effect 3 reveal, but I doubt the non-exclusive is related to Sony's Announcement

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Fumbleumble said:
I am sick to death of all the made up crap, all the hype, just so they can say their usual batch of nothing.
I'm with you. Enough of this "Hey guys, we are announcing today that at a later date we will have an actual announcement about a game for you, hope you'll tune in to find out what it is!" Either actually say something worth listening to the first time or STFU. I sure as hell am not going to watch the crappity-ass Spike TV VGA awards just because Bioware and Sony say they will show us something cool. Screw you, I'll wait until the news is up on websites where I can just read it without helping Spike's ratings.

And I won't join in the the hype game while I wait either. "Oh I hope it's Uncharted 3! I hope it's Sly 4! I hope it's a new Jak and Daxter! I hope it's Kingdom Hearts 3!" None for me, thanks. There's enough in front of me that I already know about, I'm not going to start getting all antsy over what the real announcement might be. Besides, I already know what it is: A really shitty and annoying marketing ploy.

2up

Jun 15, 2009
Glad its not another multiplatform title (and hopefully its a new IP) as I tire of seeing shoddy ports where one system usually gets the shaft.