Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I can imagine it already.

*creepy man drives by in a car. Stops and opens window.*

"Hey kids! My name is Sony. If you come to my Home, I'll give you Indie Games"

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I assume this is just for the American PS Home.

SCEE: "Hey, that sounds like an excellent way to make more money! Hmm, what's that? You mean we actually have to put in... effort to introduce this to the European network? Pfft, yeah right. Nah, we'll just stick with releasing half the content the world gets several weeks later. Stupid twits still pay for this crap service anyway, why do any more than that?" *falls back to sleep*

...I can't imagine this being too far from the truth anyway.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, well I think a lot of the problems with HOME have to do with the fact that it seems like a giant cash grab for people to buy clothes and such for virtual avatars and the like. I haven't messed around with it because I don't see any functional differance between what they released and say "Habbo Hotel".

The various mini-games they are talking about here don't really impress me much, plus I'm wondering what their gimmick is going to be in making money off of them, after all that is what Home is all about.

But then again I've never been a hugely social gamer (outside of MMORPGs) so maybe I just don't get the appeal.

To be entirely honest I've been thinking for a while that if I was going to try and move a console nowadays, I'd probably develop a free MMORPG despite the massive cost and have it installed in every unit as a gimmick to sell the console, and also to act as a "HOME" type platform. The point mostly being that people buy game consoles to play games, not to sit around chatting with a virtual avatar. Social communities crop up around MMORPGs, and it gives people something to do except yak back and forth while hoping they can eventually move up in the queue to perhaps play one of a few half hearted minigames. From what little I've read it seems to me like "Home" probably cost Sony as much as many MMORPGs cost to begin with anyway.

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Smart move, I say. More games means more reason to use Home, means higher chance of buying something from their shops, which means more profit.

Foxtrotk72

Feb 27, 2010
Ekonk said:
Home is horrible. Give it up, Sony, and use your talents on something else.
I agree with ya there should quit while there a head it would save them some time rather than what there doing right now

randomrob

Aug 5, 2009
Nothing will ever lure me back to the Hell-hole that is Playstation Home! I hate it passionately and hope it dies a horrible, painful, humiliating death!

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
Cripes, so much hate for Home. Dunno what got up your bugaboos... tons of free games, clever little mini-worlds... but hey, if it's not your cup of tea, oh well. Just don't assume 'no one' uses Home... trust me, plenty of folks do. If they didn't, given all the other stuff Sony cut from the PS3 to save $$$, why would Home still be around?