Sony Launching Streaming PS3 Library Next Year

TiberiusEsuriens

Jun 24, 2010
Strazdas said:
TiberiusEsuriens said:
Given that 'true' backwards compatibility requires the actual hardware of each old console, this is the best option available. Otherwise companies like Sony would simply go bankrupt from building a PlayStation 1+2+3+4. Even though those ancient parts would theoretically be immeasurably cheaper, by this time they are exactly that: Ancient. Old parts no longer in common production require specialized orders and equipment, and does not benefit as much from the cost reduction of bulk production.
basically this. its completely unpractical to build real backward compact-ability when you are changing the hardware this much and streaming them could be the best solution. still, this wont apply to everyone as sadly internet is still scarce apparently.
Makes me wonder though, if they can stream it to PS4, which is basically a costum PC, could they stream it to actual PC? Id love to play quite a few PS3 exclusives on PC. funny thing, there is a list of PS3 exclusive id like to play, but none Xbox explusives interest me.
Yes they would, but no they won't and never will. Streaming through a PC would mean allowing you to eat through their content without investing in their hardware. To put it more in perspective, technically using Gakai you could use an Xbox to stream Playstation games, but Sony would have to be suicidal to let that happen.

Lord_Jaroh

Ad-Free Finally!
Apr 24, 2007
No, it is not a "good compromise". I am not going to pay them more money as a subscription just to be able to play games that I already own. Sorry. You have to earn my money.