Sony Lifts One to Michael in Awesome PS3 Ad

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
That was... really, really awesome.
So many different game characters, all well played.
It was awesome.
And the point of the commercial was nice, of course, but it wasn't as important as what was actually going on in in.
Great job, Sony. Now that is a cool commercial.

Thumper17

May 29, 2009
the single greatest ad I've ever seen. It verified my existence and made me proud to be a gamer.

LackingSanity

Apr 15, 2009
Are either of the bartenders from a game? I didn't recognise them, but they did seem to have a few distinguishing features, and one of them did finish off the speech, so I'm not sure.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
This is just amazing!

Took the second try of watching it to see Chell. Sackboy is just the cutest, my 2.5 year old noticed him and started shouting, "SACKBOY, SACKBOY!.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Trishbot said:
It was a good trailer... but I'm sort of sad it was a Sony-exclusive thing. I would have killed to see Mario, Link, Samus, Pikachu, Master Chief, or Marcus Fenix in there, because they're apart of my gaming life too, just as much as Nathan Drake or Kratos.

Oh well.
It wasn't really Son exclusive, they had Hitman, Ezio, Lightning, some WWII military shooter guy...

It just wasn't their direct competitors. I don't really think you can ask Sony to advertise Microsoft and Nintendo in their own advert and I don't Nintendo and Microsoft would allow their top brands to be used to advertise Sony :D

Epona

Elite Member
Jun 24, 2011
Country
United States
That's amazing! That's the best "Thanks for Playing" message I've ever seen.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Sacred expletives that was an awesome commercial. o.o I Love it. I really, really do. Sony's new marketing team is brilliant.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
That....was......AWESOME!!

This made me smile and laugh at the subtle jokes, especially seeing Snake blend into the wall and Chell coming out of a portal, and I almost got a little teary.

Seeing Nathan talk to Lightning was hilarious, no chance in hell buddy.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Ratchet, Ezio, Agent 47, The whole crew's here! Awesome ad!

Although, can someone please explain to me why the Chimera was in the room? It wasn't a hero.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
EA could learn a thing or two from Sony's marketing department. Damn that was well done.