Sony Lines Up Impressive PSP2 Third Party Support

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Sounds impressiv, but Im starting to wonder if its just gonna be liek the old PSP, but with a 2nd analog stick.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Mornelithe said:
JediMB said:
You're still missing the point.

It's not about who has the most impressive list. It's about incompatible data types.
No, I get your point, but there's another to be had. The list that impresses me, doesn't necessarily impress you, or another person. You follow? They've named several IP's that will be on the PSP2, no, they haven't announced the actual title, but we can guage from that the general demo they're targetting, which I fall right into.
And that would have been relevant if it was you I replied to to begin with, but my reply was to an article that presented misleading information.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Meh, I don't know 3/4ths of those developers, and the 1/4th of the developers I do know don't exactly make games that'll push me to the PSP2 (Which isn't the official name yet, BTW).

I am just gonna stick with the 3DS, what with the fact that there will be a Mario game for it, and that several games that are definitely gonna come out for it (Kid Icirus, Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, Pilotwing Resort, and Star Fox) are the games I do wanna buy.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Mornelithe said:
JediMB said:
Mornelithe said:
JediMB said:
You're still missing the point.

It's not about who has the most impressive list. It's about incompatible data types.
No, I get your point, but there's another to be had. The list that impresses me, doesn't necessarily impress you, or another person. You follow? They've named several IP's that will be on the PSP2, no, they haven't announced the actual title, but we can guage from that the general demo they're targetting, which I fall right into.
And that would have been relevant if it was you I replied to to begin with, but my reply was to an article that presented misleading information.
Misleading? How's that? He listed the names of 3rd party devs that are supporting the PSP2, compared to that of the 3DS, it is pretty impressive. And given the 3DS is the only other handheld launching anytime soon, it makes sense to compare the two.
Okay, I give up. You claim to get my point, and then you obviously don't. I'm out.

8-Bit Grin

Apr 20, 2010
... I'm going to sit this one out and wait a while.

I don't wanna get swindled again.

It looks impressive, but so did the Ridge Racer screenshots in the PSP Preview issue of Game Informer back in 2004.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Capcoms on the list, Thats all i really care about but im against low content posts where it can be helped so...

Less than a dozen of the Japanese developers actually release games outside of Japan, more devs probably will sign up between now and launch, but thats worth noting.

Activision, I would bet money thats going to lead straight to a portable CoD. Especially if the reports on the systems graphics are to be believed.

EA isnt on the list... Not that thats a bad thing.

I wonder if it can be used like that PSP-phone ive heard so little about...

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Mornelithe said:
gigastar said:
I wonder if it can be used like that PSP-phone ive heard so little about...
From what I've read it actually doesn't have voice capacity, which is wierd...however, that may be added later on, sorta like the app for the ipod that allows voice. It's also confirmed, however, that there will be a definite PSP-Phone, but this isn't it.
Fair enough, but i thought it would have made better sense to stop developing the PSP1 (as we must now refer to it) and focus on the PSP2.

Either my buisness senses are broken or Sony is making stupid mistakes again.

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
AzrealMaximillion said:
MARKET IT RIGHT THIS TIME SONY.

Seriously get rid of that Marcus kid and just have Kevin Butler on this new PSP.
This. A million times this. Just get Mr Butler to do it all and it will sell. A provide a steady stream of Lulz.

drwow

Nov 25, 2009
Oh god, that processor sounds amazing, I will put so many gamecube and ps2 games on there it's not even funny.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
I was reading down the list and the second I saw Epic, Atlus, and PopCap I was sold. I'm buying it.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
vxicepickxv said:
Timbydude said:
John Funk said:
Of course, the PSP had stronger third-party support than the DS, and we all know how that turned out, right?
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I'm pretty sure the DS blew the PSP out of the water in terms of third-party support.
Support in this instance means games that weren't shovelware.

Sony failed with the PSP. It's not a horrible system, but marketing screwed that one away. Sony has no one to blame but themselves.
Sure, the DS had more shovelware, but it had an astonishing amount of third-party gems too, particularly in the RPG/adventure department. Phoenix Wright, The World Ends With You, Devil Survivor, etc.

Maybe in terms of a percentage of worthwhile games, the PSP had more third-party. But if we're talking just absolute numbers, I feel like the DS still had plenty more quality third-party games.

SomeGuyNamedKy

Sep 25, 2008
Here's something interesting: I did not see the name Electronic Arts on that list...

Besides that, this Third-Party Support is pretty awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to what launch titles the PSP2 will have.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
That is certainly an impressive list, but obviously we have to wait if any of those publishers/developers will churn out something good for the PSP2/NGP. The new hardware certainly looks impressive, but (as I've stated a dozen times before so nobody will claim I'm a fanboy or something) I'm not much of a handheld gamer anyway so I doubt I'll be getting it.

I am leaving it open as an option, but I'm being cautiously optimistic here as I don't want to get this as an impulse buy like I did with my DS and Wii. This list looks impressive, but that doesn't mean all of them will publish a launch game or that they'll put out anything good.

We shall see, though. We shall see...