Sony "Move vs. Stuff" Website Promotes Move Hilariously

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I can understand making a funny chart, which would easily be possible, but it would be nice if they could make it somewhat factual as well. The first three entries and the one at the bottom about 3D don't need Move, just a PS3. Surely they could have put more effort into making it factual and funny at the same time.

The rest of the site is pretty good though.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
At least one company knows that marketing is a rather large part of the game. Sony, you keep getting things right. Keep Kevin Butler around and this is in the bag.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
I find it really funny. I'm pretty sure its the PS3 that does those features anyway.

But who cares, they're just going to annoy fanboys.

Macha

Apr 2, 2010
Blu-ray? Player
PS3, not Playstation Move.
Stream Movies and TV with Hulu Plus
Err, no I can't for most of the world. There is more to the world than the US, Sony. (Microsoft is also guilty of this with Netflix.)
Free access to PSN® for demos, HD movies and PS One?
Well, yeah, and Microsoft has free access to XBL for demos, HD movies, and XBLA (you only need to pay for Xbox Live to play multiplayer). Also misleading. PS One games aren't free on PSN.
Camera tracks controller for precise gameplay
Unique Feature #1
Full immersion with HD graphics and pinpoint accuracy
The 360 has HD too. The second point is the same as the least feature.
Game like never before. In 3D. That's right, 3D.
Oh yay, your gimmick has gimmicks.
Controller feedback you can feel and see
Unique Feature #2
Includes power cord
Well, it'd be an unfeature not to. *glares at apple*

Anyway, anal nitpicking done, it was pretty funny.

PapaGamer

May 25, 2010
Disclaimer: I am a PS3 fanboy and am planning to buy at least one set of Move controllers on the 17th. That said, I find Sony's Move marketing to be a big Win.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Hey guys, we can make fun of our product too. We're totally cool and hip. Right? right... guy...?

Companies trying to appeal to a young crowd by proving that they are not "the man" but our something else is an old marketing ploy and I will not be fooled by it. Until they get a decent game for the thing (will probably take a half year at least) Sony can take their Move and shove it where the sun don't shine... THE ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT!

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Hehe, the fireman video obviously doesn't have(good) censors on what you can put in. Fun stuff.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I am sure there cherry picked list will look good against what they decided not to measure it against...so bias

joe_nothin

Oct 1, 2009
The yay buttons is is indeed funny...

...But they are shooting themselves in the leg. Becuase you know what else turns out to be pretty important? Sticks. Control sticks. You know what else is kinda important to make games not suck? Not makeing us flail like idiot to play them. Leaning back and just playing without having to workout for it.

The whole motion controller thing is just retarded. Super retarded - there is not motion feedback, so it feels fake, and its just not fun. We've played the wii, wii know it sucks.

starwarsgeek

Nov 30, 2009
Wait...is the begining of...fun console wars? The likes of which we haven't seen since SNES vs. Genesis? Anyway, good job Sony...that was actually pretty funny.

Korey Von Doom

May 18, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
You both suck, how about that? You with your idiotic 3D fad and Wii-like motion control and Kinect for it's horrible eyetoy gimmick shit.

Actually it's pretty much a given that 3D gaming is going to be a part of future gaming, probably not this specific type. If you've never played a game like Bad Company 2 or Killzone 2 in 3D then you don't know how awesome it is to see bullets whiz past your head.

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
I give this round to Sony, their marketing is Kinect-ing better with me than Microsoft's. One might even say it's more Move-ing. Dohoho.

Still not gonna buy any motion control crap, though. I hope they both flop.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
Yaybuttons is awesome

It sure does take digs at the Kinect but digs which are definitely deserved.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Marketing, the only way to sell an inferior product. Just like on Mad Men.

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
Yay Buttons was awesome. And the sensitive fireman is just ridiculous.
"After playing Move with my girlfriend, all I wanted to do was whittle her a present out of driftwood."