Sony: No PS3 Install for God of War III

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
I don't mind waiting, but there's not much room left on my ps3 to install anything.

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
thenumberthirteen said:
I fail to see how this is so good. Bayonetta was a perfect example of how a HDD install is a good thing.
Exactly, thank god they fixed that. It's just that I've got a 40Gb PS3, so I haven't got much room, but otherwise I'm fine with HDD installs, even DMC4 ones.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
Brotherofwill said:
That's strange. Well let's hope the loading times won't be longer than the ones in Crash Bandicoot for the PS2.
^This^This^This^This^This^This^This^This^This^This^This^This

Crash had the WORST load times on the PS2 but remember the PS1?
ick.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
If it lowers the loading times, I'll take the install.

Why does it matter if you have to wait for 15 minutes to play a game for 8, 10, 20 hours??

Just go make yourself a sandwich or something.

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
InterAirplay said:
Speaking as a PS3 owner, I'm actually kinda pissed off that there will be no install. What's worse - one big loading screen just once, or lots of little ones every time you start the game or a new level? For once, I wish my choice of PS3 over 360 would come with more justification other than some exclusives and the old "it has free multiplayer" excuse. Developers find it hard to create games that take advantage of the damned thing's increased power, please don't tell me that not only are they not just screwing up the whole "less loading times" thing, but actually arn't even bothering to give their games an install? It's a feature we PAID FOR...
Well, I've been spoken for. Back to the shadows for me, I guess.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
zala-taichou said:
thenumberthirteen said:
I fail to see how this is so good. Bayonetta was a perfect example of how a HDD install is a good thing.
Exactly, thank god they fixed that. It's just that I've got a 40Gb PS3, so I haven't got much room, but otherwise I'm fine with HDD installs, even DMC4 ones.
I would definitely recommend a bigger HDD. They're cheap as hell, and easy to replace. I got a bigger one so I could record TV as the file sizes for that is unbelievable.

Jun 11, 2008
I really don't see what the problem of installing a game is at all. Just watch TV or something for the few minutes I think it's rather extreme to call it a mood killer.

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
They need an optional install option. I always do it on my xbox; after I'm finished playing the game for the first time I can just leave it to install in its own time.

MR T3D

Feb 21, 2009
Dublin Solo said:
Well, as long as it dones't translate in loadings that creep up your back and bite your neck every 5 minutes, like for Bayonetta.
really?
you know, some of those loads were made to give players time to................

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
well thats good, but whats the problem with installing? games like MGS4 and other games took like a four minute install. not that long. >.>

Apr 28, 2008
Woodsey said:
"Good news, God of War fans: The final game in Kratos' bloody revenge trilogy will completely avoid the dreaded scourge of PS3 games - the hard-drive install."

I presume, from such melodrama, that this install takes 3 hours AT LEAST.

If not, what exactly is the problem with installing anyway?

Consoles run quieter with games installed don't they?
The problem people have with installing is that they feel its just criminal to have to wait a few minutes while a game installs, since you know, since its a console they shouldn't have to install, it should "just work".

/sarcasm

People these days are just to damn impatiant and expect instant gratification. It only takes a few freaking minutes out of the day, so deal with it you impatiant pricks.

(Not you Woodsey, just anyone who complains about installations. Granted the DMC4 one was kind of bad.)

EgoDeusEst

May 9, 2008
I don't really see why Installs are a bad thing? They make the game run smoother and less stress is put on the disc. I mean we've already waited years for this game, what's a few more minutes?

saejox said:
5mb save for GoW3 ? how is that even possible. gow2 needed about 300k. (15 times more)
i think they just got lazy and put unnecessary data on save file.
This is how it's possible:
k = kilo = 1000
m = mega = 1000000
1MB = 1000000/1000 = 1000 KB
5MB = 5000 KB
300kb/5000kb = 16,6...67

GoW3 takes up 16-17 times more space than GoW2.