Sony Offering 10 Free Games to New PSPgo Users

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Sony Offering 10 Free Games to New PSPgo Users

Sony is sweetening the deal for anyone with a new PSPgo owners by offering ten free games.

Sony hasn't had the easiest time selling the labeled by some [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75742] as the Dreamcast of the current console generation.

The company has earned new fans and moved more units in the recent past, though, thanks to offers for free games (such as the one that offered <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/94962-Sony-Offers-Three-Free-Games-to-PSP-Go-Upgraders>three free titles to users who were willing to upgrade from their first-generation PSPs). Sony is apparently planning a new, huge, such deal for anyone who's registered their PSPgo after April 1, 2010.

<a href=http://www.mcvuk.com/news/39164/New-free-games-offer-for-PSPgo>Speaking to MCV, SCE UK Sales Director Mark Howsen explained the deal: "On PSPgo we've decided to innovate with that particular business model. Next month we're launching a free ten game offer. And this isn't just older titles - we've worked with third parties and there's some really good core products." The MCV interview will go live later this week, but GamesIndustry.biz <a href=http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/sony-to-offer-10-free-games-to-pspgo-users>was able to confirm the deal's existence with Sony representatives.

The list of games is pretty impressive, and will include the following titles: [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75110] and one other, unspecified, third-party title.

Needless to say, this deal is huge motivation for anyone that's been thinking about picking up a PSPgo. We can expect an official announcement from Sony in the near future.

Source: <a href=http://www.mcvuk.com/news/39164/New-free-games-offer-for-PSPgo>MCV

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Might get one now!

LBP, GTA, and Wipeout?!

Those are some good games. The AC game isn't bad, from what I hear.

Jun 6, 2009
Hey guys! Presenting our new tactic to retrieve some cash from this flop! It's called Despertaion!

All lame jokes aside, I'd buy one now. Even though I have a PSP already...

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I shall not be partaking in this offer, as I do not enjoy modern racing games.

Seriously, you can't convince me that racing games not featuring Mario or that have the name "Rush" in them aren't the best.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
I only use mine for PS1 classics now. It's a nice portable PS1 but I can never find any good PSP games I want to buy.

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Wrathful said:
None of them barely interests me and from what I see some of them are I heard pretty bad. If only they put any Disgaea series, I would consider buying another psp.
It doesn't say those games aren't on there, just that it includes what is listed. Chances are you may be able to get Disgaea 1, 2, and Prinny CIRBTH with this deal...

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
nice deal. if i had the money and the psp carried pokemon games i would totally get one. but they dont so ill stick with my gameboy advance (screw the ds. i hate the flip up 2 screen thing. until nintendo gets back to single screen handhelds i wont buy one)

blalien

Jul 3, 2009
Aby_Z said:
Wrathful said:
None of them barely interests me and from what I see some of them are I heard pretty bad. If only they put any Disgaea series, I would consider buying another psp.
It doesn't say those games aren't on there, just that it includes what is listed. Chances are you may be able to get Disgaea 1, 2, and Prinny CIRBTH with this deal...
Well it says there are ten free games, and nine games are listed. So that only leaves room for one more game. Might be Disgaea.

I wouldn't get this bundle. LittleBigPlanet is the only game that interests me, and I don't really have the disposable income for a new console anyway.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
I think I'd still rather buy a 3000, get the games off Ebay and have £50 in my pocket thanks.

No two ways about it, the Go is still a crap product when the 3000 does what this one does and a bit more for a lot less money.

MisterShine

Him Diamond
Mar 9, 2010
vansau said:
in fact, the handheld device is actually advanced enough that it's being <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/pocket-gamer/7283-The-Pocket-Gamer-Report-PSPgo-The-Sega-Dreamcast-of-This-Generation>labeled by some as the Dreamcast of the current console generation.
It can't be the Dreamcast if it doesn't have fresh and fun games that no one else has until it's genius goes unrecognized by the masses and eventually has to sell them off as scrap.

I.E.,
Power Stone
Sonic Adventures
ShenMue
Crazy Taxi
Skies of Arcadia
Jet Grind Radio
Grandia
and Soul Calibur

And I bet I'm missing some.

Point is, PSPGo can't be the dreamcast if the regular psp has all those games too. Unless the PSP itself is the Dreamcast? I might bite that one. Unless of course Sony starts making Go-Only games to make it more likable, in which case I will mail them the severed head of a woodland animal.

edit: The point of that article being, "PSPgo is so ahead of the curve! It offers online content when no one else does!" Just like the dreamcast did. Except of course there's nothing you can download for the GO that you can't get on a regular PSP, hence why the GO is bloody useless, except as a smaller PSP.

Unless of course there IS exclusive stuff for the GO (this 10 free games thing is pretty sweet, but unless they let me copy over all the UMD games I own onto it, I still don't care), and I'm a total moron. 50/50

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Might actually look into this now after I seevehat games are available

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
canadamus_prime said:
None of those games really interest me. Not good enough Sony, you'll have to do better.
thats what I call greed more or less, they give you some games that are ones that got pretty goods ratings overall and you wish for them to do better? and did the matter of fact their free? thats greed right their folks.

AWAR

Nov 15, 2009
joshthor said:
nice deal. if i had the money and the psp carried pokemon games i would totally get one. but they dont so ill stick with my gameboy advance (screw the ds. i hate the flip up 2 screen thing. until nintendo gets back to single screen handhelds i wont buy one)
There are emulators for that. I play Super Mario and Pokemon Red in my psp :p It's homebrewed though..

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Korten12 said:
canadamus_prime said:
None of those games really interest me. Not good enough Sony, you'll have to do better.
thats what I call greed more or less, they give you some games that are ones that got pretty goods ratings overall and you wish for them to do better? and did the matter of fact their free? thats greed right their folks.
I don't think it's greedy to tell Sony that they'll have to do better if they want to convince me to buy a less useful version of a system I already have.