Sony Offers Tips to PS4 Players Having Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Woes

Brittany Vincent

Pfhor the win!
Oct 1, 2014
Sony Offers Tips to PS4 Players Having Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Woes

For those who have had difficulty with pre-loaded copies of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare for the PlayStation 4, Sony has some suggestions.

A good number of people who pre-loaded their pre-ordered copy of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare are having quite a bit of difficulty getting the game to play. Sony's recommendations for this bug are to make sure the game has installed the latest update, and that their PlayStation 4 is updated to the latest system software. If that doesn't solve the problem then users will have to delete all pre-load files and re-download the game.

It doesn't exactly sound like the most entertaining course of action, especially given the fact that the popular shooter was made readily available in stores across the country on Sunday night. The "Day One" edition of Advanced Warfare had players chomping at the bit to race home and get online, and those who went the digital route most certainly feel as though they were slighted.

Gamers that have used the cross-buy system are also having difficulty in PSN not registering their ownership of the game. In this case Sony has suggested that players use the Restore Licenses function in the PSN settings menu then attempt to locate the copy of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in the PSN Store that is marked as "free".

It sounds frustrating, to be sure. Have you encountered these issues as of yet, or the aforementioned PlayStation 4 update issues floating around?

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/480147/sony-responds-to-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-ps4-download-issues/]

AndrewC

Jun 24, 2010
"Don't worry everyone, if you throttled your download cap then tough shit! You'll just have to throttle it again! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

Yep, golden age of uncompressed gaming. (Here's looking at you, filthy 20gb day one patch, for Halo MCC.)

I am fortunate enough to have excellent download speeds and no cap so this isn't an issue for me on games, but there is a significant number of folk who aren't in that position.

SeventhSigil

Jun 24, 2013
Is it just me, or between the Driveclub issue, the 2.0 issue, and now this, the PS4's been going through a lot of bugs the last month or two? Kinda glad I decided to wait til later this holiday to pick one up, as I'm pretty much going to wait til, at the very least, they fix the 2.0 bug before taking the leap. o.o ...while they're at it, they can also feel free to drop the price back to 399 here in Canada. >_<

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Brittany Vincent said:
Sony's recommendations for this bug are to make sure the game has installed the latest update, and that their PlayStation 4 is updated to the latest system software.
Won't this cause more problems than it solves?

P.S. Thanks

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Hmm. Preorder the digital copy, with hopes to preload it and begin playing midnight of the game's release date, or go to a midnight opening or the store the next day, buy a disc that I can trade in when I'm tired of it, and be able to at least play the campaign if there's issues with PSN or Live. I'll go with not paying the same price to have a chance of being screwed around just for convenience's sake.

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
I still don't know why people are doing that to themselves?!
If you want a "machine" where you can play games, but have to download biiiig updates and patches and stuff, buy a PC! Who needs a console for that?

Little Gray

Sep 18, 2012
Geisterkarle said:
If you want a "machine" where you can play games, but have to download biiiig updates and patches and stuff, buy a PC! Who needs a console for that?
It has nothing to do with consoles and instead is an issue with the latest patch. If PC players had been able to download it early they would have had the exact same problem.

Brittany Vincent

Pfhor the win!
Oct 1, 2014
Covarr said:
Brittany Vincent said:
Sony's recommendations for this bug are to make sure the game has installed the latest update, and that their PlayStation 4 is updated to the latest system software.

P.S. Thanks
Sony's words, not mine! Haha, they clearly weren't thinking when they suggested that.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Covarr said:
Brittany Vincent said:

P.S. Thanks
There's a sleeping issue in the previous update that is a problem if you put your PS4 on sleep mode (you know, if you're ok with risking any loss of power bricking your machine).

But from what I was told, the fix is already in place today. Is there no available update?

NiPah

May 8, 2009
Geisterkarle said:
Just a heads up don't bother with the who faux astonishment that people still play games on consoles and not PCs. If you want to bring up that shit make another topic, otherwise it's a useless derail and has no baring on the topic at hand.

Raziel

Jul 20, 2013
Hairless Mammoth said:
Hmm. Preorder the digital copy, with hopes to preload it and begin playing midnight of the game's release date, or go to a midnight opening or the store the next day, buy a disc that I can trade in when I'm tired of it, and be able to at least play the campaign if there's issues with PSN or Live. I'll go with not paying the same price to have a chance of being screwed around just for convenience's sake.
Agreed.

Why does everyone act like waiting over and hour for a game to download is convenient? Longer than that by far if its on ps3 or everyone is online doing stuff. I went to the store and back in less than 20 minutes. And now I don't have to worry about comcast trying to throttle me because of at least 3 massive games coming out this month. Not to mention this is hardly the first 50 gig game on my 500 gig system. Who wants to redownload these once you need to clear space?

Switching to digital is a fools errand. PSN and Live are not steam. These games don't drop in price quickly like they do retail, let alone on steam.

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
NiPah said:
Geisterkarle said:
Just a heads up don't bother with the who faux astonishment that people still play games on consoles and not PCs. If you want to bring up that shit make another topic, otherwise it's a useless derail and has no baring on the topic at hand.
You misunderstand, what I mean. I really like console games! But for me playing on a console is: Game into console (cartridge, cd, dvd, ...) and then start playing. And not "oh, there is a new 2gb patch so I have to wait before I can play..." THAT is PC gaming! So yes, I don't think PS4 or XBoxOne are consoles! They are PCs that are maybe nicer to connect to your TV, that was it. It has nothing to do with consoles!

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Geisterkarle said:
But for me playing on a console is: Game into console (cartridge, cd, dvd, ...) and then start playing. And not "oh, there is a new 2gb patch so I have to wait before I can play..." THAT is PC gaming! So yes, I don't think PS4 or XBoxOne are consoles! They are PCs that are maybe nicer to connect to your TV, that was it. It has nothing to do with consoles!
By extention then you would think that the Wii U isn't a console then? The Wii U at launch had a 2 GB patch that needed to be downloaded, and still has constant updates that install before you even play the game. In terms of the Wii U you can opt out of most of them, but on the Wii they were on the disc so you were forced to update before you are allowed to play the game, and if you didn't then you're SOL when it comes to playing that new game. Games have required large updates since last gen, and even in last gen there were patches that had to be made to fix the games when they launched. There was game breaking bugs in Skyward Sword for example that required and entire Channel to be downloaded to fix them.

Gaming stopped being entirely "plug in then play" by the end of the 6th generation in all honesty.

NiPah

May 8, 2009
Geisterkarle said:
NiPah said:
Geisterkarle said:
You misunderstand, what I mean. I really like console games! But for me playing on a console is: Game into console (cartridge, cd, dvd, ...) and then start playing. And not "oh, there is a new 2gb patch so I have to wait before I can play..." THAT is PC gaming! So yes, I don't think PS4 or XBoxOne are consoles! They are PCs that are maybe nicer to connect to your TV, that was it. It has nothing to do with consoles!
Remember, the vast majority of people will never even be effected by this.
The internet, and forums in particular, are funnels for complaints of people having issues, but for the most part? People got the unlock when it launched and haven't had an issue since.

When you break it down everything is a personal computer, yes it was nice when there weren't updates and patches, but those games were also much simpler and if a major issue was found, you were fucked (remembering some old PS2 NISA titles).

I highly doubt the reason most people play console games is because they don't want patches or updates, like you said those have been around since last gen and won't be going away (because they're actually beneficial, it's the glitches and poor coding that you want to complain about).

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Hairless Mammoth said:
Yeah, paying the same price for a digital copy (especially here) just seems wrong.