Sony Outs Rebellion DLC for Mass Effect 3

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sony Outs Rebellion DLC for Mass Effect 3

The next Mass Effect 3 DLC pack has been inadvertently revealed.

Like the flash of a shooting star, it was there and then gone: "It" being the latest multiplayer DLC release for website [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-3-Xbox-360/dp/B004FYEZMQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337181537&sr=8-1] and then disappeared into the ether. It's not the promised clarification to the end of the single-player game, however, but a new multiplayer expansion pack called Rebellion.

The Rebellion expansion will add two new multiplayer levels, the jungle-based Firebase Jade and Firebase Goddess on the Asari homeworld of Thessia. Also in the mix are three new weapons, new equipment and consumables and six new classes: the Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator, Phoenix Adept and Vanguard, and my favorites of the bunch, the Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel. Vorcha!

And what is this "Phoenix" business? Nobody knows for sure but based on conversation on the BioWare forums [http://social.bioware.com/forums/forum/1/topic/343/index/11830851/1], the smart money appears to be on Protheans. Perhaps Javik isn't as alone as he thought?

When this will happen is anyone's guess too, although "soon" is probably a good bet; before it was pulled, the Sony site said the new content would be released today.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5910634/sony-site-reveals-new-mass-effect-3-dlc]

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
Aren't quarian engineers and infiltrators already in the game?

Also, I'm amused at how it's sony, the guys who have stuck their heels in the ground about the MP operations who reveal the MP DLC early. Maybe Sony really do hate EA.

AMAZED

Dec 6, 2010
Richardplex said:

Also, I'm amused at how it's sony, the guys who have stuck their heels in the ground about the MP operations who reveal the MP DLC early. Maybe Sony really do hate EA.
I'm guessing they are special forms of engineers and infiltrators, but I want to know what the hell a phoenix is. Is it some kind of human special forces?

LyudmilaKatzen

Jun 14, 2010
Yeah the Quarian engineer and infiltrator aren't new. Very interested in the others though. I was just thinking a Thessia map would be fun so I'm stoked.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Perhaps Javik isn't as along as he thought?
Shouldn't this be "alone"?

And yes, I care not about more multiplayer addons. I'd vastly prefer some news about single player DLC.

MagmaMan

Apr 2, 2012
Richardplex said:

I'm assuming the new Quarians will be males, and if Sony does hate EA, they will have earned alot more respect from me. I feel like I'm missing out on so much whenever I play ME2 and 3 just because I didn't fork over as much money as I possibly could to EA, and I hate it. I play ME1 and it feels perfectly complete.

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
:0

I want this now, because it was starting to get a bit old but new DLC would make it even more awesome.

BeefSteak

Oct 3, 2007
I'm with the assumption that the new Quarians are going to be Male, perhaps with a different skill load.

Vorcha are just going to be amazing. Hopefully they have some limited health regen, and scream "RAAAAHHH, BLOOOOD!" lots

The Phoenix... smart money is on it being more Protheans, which I think would be pretty cool but would mess with the single player storyline a bit. For more of an out there guess, I've heard some rumbling from people saying it's going to be the Raloi (http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Raloi). I'd enjoy seeing a new species introduced, maybe not through MP, but still...

Raven's Nest

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2009
Where is the single player content man? I've yet to meet that many people who really give a fuck about the multiplayer.

"Continuing to build my shepard's legend" most certainly does not involve some punk ass kids armed with a limited vocabulary and a headset...

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I knew it! I knew it! I'm right again! I told people of this at least two weeks ago and they didn't believe me! They always don't believe me! But here I am, right again! Ne-hehehehehehehee!

(I tend to get wind of Mass Effect DLC things early, and every time I get wind of one, I tell people about and they usually don't believe me. But here I am, right on the money once more.)

Sep 14, 2009
if it ain't free i ain't touchin it with a 30 ft pole, not that it isn't nice or refreshing to update the multiplayer, it is NOT what I am interested in in the slightest.

ShinobiJedi42

May 7, 2012
More classes? I'm having a hard enough time unlocking Turians and Geth, I don't need more crap classes to continuously unlock new shiny colors for their outfits. I want a Geth, already! Not a new color for my useless Batarian Sentinel! Okay, nerdrage complete. Carry on.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
DVS BSTrD said:
http://social.bioware.com/uploads_user/741000/740385/30367.gif
Ah yes, "Rebellion"
The inevitably overpriced DLC that is allegedly waiting for multiplayer release.
We have dismissed that claim.
Fixed to have slightly better flow compared to the original quote. What? That sort of stuff matters

...to me anyway ;-;

Absolutionis

Sep 18, 2008
Remember when people bought Mass Effect 3 for the shoehorned multiplayer?

I'm still waiting for Mass Effect 3 to eliminate the $10 "Greed Tax" that puts it $10 higher than it should be. Then I'll consider whether it's worth infecting my computer with EA Download Manager.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Raven said:
Where is the single player content man? I've yet to meet that many people who really give a fuck about the multiplayer.

"Continuing to build my shepard's legend" most certainly does not involve some punk ass kids armed with a limited vocabulary and a headset...
Normally, my opinion lands very closely to yours. Normally. But the ME3 coop is quite awesome, and all 4 of my ME3-loving friends jump on quite frequently. Judging by the kill counts from the Operations Bioware's been running, I dare say the multiplayer is something many people give a fuck about... just maybe not in public, lest they ruin their coolguy image.

All of that being said, though, I'm with you... given the choice between the two, I'd rather have FREE SINGLE PLAYER DLC, DAMMIT!!!