Sony Remastering God of War I and II for PS3

meglathon

Oct 9, 2008
Good ideal, will sell like wii's (at fist) but what it might realy do it make none PS3 owner, get the slim when it come out, since GOW is sonys big system seller, and noboby needs to deny it.

meglathon

Oct 9, 2008
oppp7 said:
Worsle said:
oppp7 said:
Are they going to release them for the Xbox or PC?
Yes sony is going to release its own games on its comparators console. This is exactly what they will do because it is a good idea for them. I am not kidding.
Good, I heard God of War was good and don't know many games that are good that came out recently (excluding the cookie-cutter shooters).
I thing you misted the sarcasum class man. Nad to add somthing that for this threat that i thought of after, this could be a good sign of thing to come, from evreyone not gust sony, hopefully, it wont be a big cash in.

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
jboking said:
Simriel said:
I am gonna go with, trying to fill a pretty clear release schedule.
...Have you seen the release schedule for this holiday season and the months leading up to it? There is a good game coming out at LEAST once a month.

fix-the-spade said:
So this is why they cut PS2 compatability, so they can repackage old games to sell at full price.

Marvellous.
You didn't see this coming the instant they cut the compatibility?

I still feel a little smug about the fact that I have a first gen PS3 that plays my old copy of GoW2. If it wasn't for the trophy update, I probably wouldn't even consider buying this.(yes, I really like getting trophies and achievements)
But how many are PS3 only?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Toty54 said:
Getting 2 games remade with suppesedly better graphics, higher frame rate and in HD for 40$ isn't that bad of a deal
It is if you already have the first two games and a ps3.
ChromeAlchemist said:
Ahh fix-the-spade, what are you like, eh? I agree though, these games are only 2-3 years old.
I'm sorry, I've a lot of work on at the moment and it makes me argumentative...

Anyway, the MP trilogy does look pretty good. Not least because nobody bought the first two. Although if it doesn't have Cube controls as an option...

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I kinda "missed" God of War 1 and 2 when they came out and never really got into them to spite one of my friends really encouraging me. I don't know, I think it is just one of those games you really have to get into to enjoy. Maybe it was the camera and the reliance on quicktime based take-down moves.

But it makes me wonder if this would have been better as a PSN downloadable game. I mean they are only remastered, it shouldn't be much to squeeze this only a few GB.

EPD001

Apr 15, 2009
I can sequel to this idea with Kingdom Hearts for when we get close to the release for KH3

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
Toty54 said:
Getting 2 games remade with suppesedly better graphics, higher frame rate and in HD for 40$ isn't that bad of a deal
It is if you already have the first two games and a ps3.
ChromeAlchemist said:
Ahh fix-the-spade, what are you like, eh? I agree though, these games are only 2-3 years old.
I'm sorry, I've a lot of work on at the moment and it makes me argumentative...

Anyway, the MP trilogy does look pretty good. Not least because nobody bought the first two. Although if it doesn't have Cube controls as an option...
I guess at this point, if you wanted cube controls, you would have bought the GC version. And I guess it would be weird for two of the games to be cube controlled, then the third being Wii Remote only, as it is. Hell I'll sell the first two to you, I'm getting the trilogy (because I'm an arse with holes in my pockets, sue me).

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
ChromeAlchemist said:
I guess at this point, if you wanted cube controls, you would have bought the GC version. And I guess it would be weird for two of the games to be cube controlled, then the third being Wii Remote only, as it is. Hell I'll sell the first two to you, I'm getting the trilogy (because I'm an arse with holes in my pockets, sue me).
I've already got the Cube versions, which is why I want the option of Cube controls (only an option mind), it would make jumping back in easier, especially MP2's multiplayer.

It would also be handy in persuading people that there are alternatives to the standard dual stick layout.

Frankydee

Mar 25, 2009
That's pretty awesome considering I no longer have a PS2 and I never did get to finish GoW 1 let alone the second one. I did get around to playing the PsP's Chains of Olympus which was great.

Definitely looking forward to this one.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
GENIUS! Rerelease two games with spiffed up graphics to get everyone excited about God of War 3. It's such a brilliant marketing strategy.

.... who came up with it really? Certainly not the Sony ad execs. XD

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
I've already got the Cube versions, which is why I want the option of Cube controls (only an option mind), it would make jumping back in easier, especially MP2's multiplayer.

It would also be handy in persuading people that there are alternatives to the standard dual stick layout.
Interesting reasons. I believe MP2 having multiplayer in this trilogy is something they still haven't cleared up, as in, is it still there? I for one would love to see how MP2 multiplayer would pan out with that control scheme.

I'm wondering if it would have even been possible? The HUD behaves rather differently when it's in Cube control and Wii Remote control, but I guess anything is possible if they put their mind to it.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Simriel said:
jboking said:
Simriel said:
I am gonna go with, trying to fill a pretty clear release schedule.
...Have you seen the release schedule for this holiday season and the months leading up to it? There is a good game coming out at LEAST once a month.

fix-the-spade said:
So this is why they cut PS2 compatability, so they can repackage old games to sell at full price.

Marvellous.
You didn't see this coming the instant they cut the compatibility?

I still feel a little smug about the fact that I have a first gen PS3 that plays my old copy of GoW2. If it wasn't for the trophy update, I probably wouldn't even consider buying this.(yes, I really like getting trophies and achievements)
But how many are PS3 only?
Well, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and Demon Souls are all coming in October. Katamari Forever is coming out in September along with Mini Ninjas(a rather good psn title given the demo), LBP GOTY, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is coming to the ps3 with new content that wasn't available on the 360(take that as you will), and Need for Speed Shift. Earthworm jim is coming out, don't know if it's exclusive. Now top this with all of the stellar multiplatform games and I'd say they have a good lineup...and I don't have a big enough wallet.

Edit: Oh, and agent is supposed to come out by the end of the year. I don't see it happening, but what do I know.

US Trooper

Aug 3, 2009
Sony reltaed to Square because it is the PUBLISHER; and publishers are just as activly involved in game design as much the developers themselves are

Lord_Jaroh

Ad-Free Finally!
Apr 24, 2007
I'm hoping that they include this as an addition to the God of War 3 collector's edition, as that would be a nice move. Although, since this is coming out way ahead of time, I'm guessing they won, which is said, and it means I'd have to re-buy these games to have them on the new system. First rebuying PS1 games and now PS2 games. Gotta milk the fans as much as they can I guess...

The_Angry_Haruhist

Apr 16, 2009
I'll be dammed before I shell out money for a couple of games just because they have better graphics over the originals and trophies. Besides, my PS3 is backwards compatible, so I could just pick up the old versions at a much cheaper price.

Now if they added in extra content, then I would be more interested...