Sony Remastering God of War I and II for PS3

Dread Pirate Pete

Aug 26, 2009
I think this is a pretty cool idea as I never really got to play these games, but I heared they where great so this will give me a chance to give em a go.

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
Onmi said:
Ghost8585 said:
Keane Ng said:

Let's not jump to conclusions yet: God of War III looks pretty good, but it's not a sure thing until it actually comes out.

Of course! If it were on the 360 it would be solid gold before even a demo was screened right? >_> *sigh* whatever.

Anyways, I will definitely be getting this. Thank you Sony Santa Monica and Bluepoint!
Okay sit. I've heard a lot of annoying shit on forums but this has to be the worst, while the site may or may not find something more news worthy they are not on there knees sucking anyones testicles. they are not being paid to say anything, if there is any bias the writer probably wouldn't be writing the article.

How's this, I accuse you of fucking your mum, it isn't nice is it I bet you feel insulted right after that don't you. Well you don't think they feel insulted that there journalist integrity has been treated as crap.
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3687/deadpoolstfumg4.jpg

Ghost8585 said:
Onmi said:
Ghost8585 said:
Keane Ng said:

Let's not jump to conclusions yet: God of War III looks pretty good, but it's not a sure thing until it actually comes out.

Of course! If it were on the 360 it would be solid gold before even a demo was screened right? >_> *sigh* whatever.

Anyways, I will definitely be getting this. Thank you Sony Santa Monica and Bluepoint!
Okay sit. I've heard a lot of annoying shit on forums but this has to be the worst, while the site may or may not find something more news worthy they are not on there knees sucking anyones testicles. they are not being paid to say anything, if there is any bias the writer probably wouldn't be writing the article.

How's this, I accuse you of fucking your mum, it isn't nice is it I bet you feel insulted right after that don't you. Well you don't think they feel insulted that there journalist integrity has been treated as crap.
Don't tell me to sit. Don't talk down to me like I'm anything less they your peer and fellow gaming enthusiast. I simply don't like that statement and/or the tone it was written in. I assume nothing of said journalist, but some things simply not need to be said. That little quote could have easily been omitted and the article would be no less informative. It was simply unnecessary.

As for the accusation you leveled at me? Aside from being tasteless and unoriginal, I don't care.
To both of you:

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3687/deadpoolstfumg4.jpg

xXRikuXx

Sep 1, 2009
I just finished beating the two of them is preparation for GOW3 but they are great games and I'll definatly be picking this up...even though they are ps2 games they still are better than alot of newer games.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
TheGreenManalishi said:
I wish they'd do this for MGS2/3 Sub versions.
No, they could do one better. They could release the first three as Metaltroid Prime Gear Solid Trilogy, all remade from the ground up using the MGS4 engine. Revolver Ocelot boss in MGS1 would be just as broken as it was in Twin Snakes, and obviously no octocamo added to them.

Actually, MGS3 Subsistence is already a lot like MGS4, with the omnidirectional camera.

P.S. Thanks

Fruhstuck

Jul 29, 2008
Aries_Split said:
Fuck god of war, it does not need to run at 60 frames per second.

YOU FOOLS! YOU HAVE THE ABILITY to take a game and make it look BETTER and make it run FASTER than do so with a game that did not RUN WELL.

TAKE SHADOW OF THE FUCKING COLOSSUS AND GIVE ME 60 FPS DAMMIT!
Would "FPS" be an acronym for "Faps Per Second" in this instance by any chance?

MrGFunk

Oct 29, 2008
asiepshtain said:
nice, Now if the ico team does the same for ico and shadow of the colossus.
Even though, I don't necessarily think they need a graphical update and I own both games, I would probably buy these and the GoW (which I own - sucker) refreshers because prettier is always better and trophies would be sweet.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
Seeing as most PS3's aren't backwards compatible, this is a great move by sony.
I'll definitely pick this up, those games were great.

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
I've never played a God of War game, so I might pick these up if I get the chance.

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
So that's why they rid of backwards compatability! To re-sell games to you that are "better now".

Well done Sony. :)

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Hardcore_gamer said:
I already have God of War 1 for the PS2 but the disc stopped working for some reason before i could finish it. I might pick this up for my PS3 once it is released.

mikecoulter said:
So that's why they rid of backwards compatability! To re-sell games to you that are "better now".

Well done Sony. :)
Read the article again. They had to alter the actual games in order to get them to work. If they had simply taken the original games and added some new stuff without actually altering the game/code itself then the PS3 would not have run/played the game.
That doesn't make it a new game. It's still just a rerelease, with a few extra features.

P.S. Thanks

Syntax Error

Sep 7, 2008
This sounds sweet. Both God of Wars had great graphics, with only the occasional "screen tearing" (you see horizontal lines where the rendering becomes suspect, apparently this is because the game was pushing the hardware to its limits) detracting from the overall greatness.

I got to get a PS3 first though.

mjhhiv

Jun 22, 2008
I'll be buying this. Long story short, I sold my PS2 in order to pay for my PS3 without losing any money. At that point, I didn't realize how difficult it would be to get a PS3 that has full backwards compatibility so I figured I wouldn't need the PS2. And now I miss Kratos and his friends. Sad face...

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
tk1989 said:
EDIT: And why is it in 720p? I thought Sony like frowned on it or something considering all their boasting about the PS3 being 1080p n stuff; they made it sound like anything else was immensely inferior
Very few games are rendered at 1080p. Only a few comes to mind, like Wipeout and other less graphicly demanding games. If you have a look on the back of the game case, it should say if its full HD or 720p. The reason is quite simply lack of fillrate horsepower on the graphics chip.

Spaceman_Spiff said:
For christs sake I just bought these two games last week and now better versions are coming out? Unfair.
Cry me a river. You bought them for what, 5 bucks each in the bargain bin? Build a bridge.

Generic_Dave said:
I think I smell a trilogy box-set special edition coming out when GOW 3 is released...
Hehe, one can only hope, but I reckon that wouldn't happen until one years past of the release of GoW3.

Joshimodo said:
fix-the-spade said:
So this is why they cut PS2 compatability, so they can repackage old games to sell at full price.

Marvellous.
My thoughts exactly. While having some visually improved classics is a good thing, God of War isn't a very old franchise, and it's not like there will be significant differences gameplay-wise between the "remastered" duo and God of War III.
Well, I don't think this release is aimed at people who have already played 1 & 2. More aimed at people like me, who have seen the fantastic artwork in screenshots and gameplay movies online, but couldn't be bothered to go and buy an old PS2 just to play them. So for me, I appreciate to get a chance to have a run through of these games on a modern system instead. I win, you lose nothing.

US Trooper said:
If their not going to remake Final Fantasy VII, why God of War
Because FFVII sucked hairy Llama balls? :p I don't really appreciate J-RPG's, but I am sure if you petition Square Soft, they will be happy to accomodate.

Cryo84R said:
I'm all over this like Kratos on tits.
Don't you mean Kratos with tits?