Sony Remastering God of War I and II for PS3

tk1989

May 20, 2008
Joos said:
tk1989 said:
EDIT: And why is it in 720p? I thought Sony like frowned on it or something considering all their boasting about the PS3 being 1080p n stuff; they made it sound like anything else was immensely inferior
Very few games are rendered at 1080p. Only a few comes to mind, like Wipeout and other less graphicly demanding games. If you have a look on the back of the game case, it should say if its full HD or 720p. The reason is quite simply lack of fillrate horsepower on the graphics chip.
I know :p I can think of many many games which were never rendered in 1080p, CoD 4 for example, and Killzone 2. And its not just on the PS3, many 360 games arent in 1080p either such as Halo 3 or GoW 1. However, I just thought it was something quite funny and rather hypocritical coming from Sony, who i remember distinctly making the point that only 1080p was good enough a while back, making it one of their biggest marketing points in the fight against the 360.

NewGeekPhilosopher

Feb 25, 2009
I've never played God of War and I don't have a PS2 so this would be a good buy for me if I wanted to play God of War III, but then again God of War III will probably have censorship which is just as epic as the mythology the game incorporates.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Sounds like a sweet deal to me. I mean especially for players who hadn't played it on the Ps2 and are looking forward to GoW 3.

Beatrix

Jul 1, 2009
fix-the-spade said:
So this is why they cut PS2 compatability, so they can repackage old games to sell at full price.

Marvellous.
My thoughts exactly.

Svizzara

Mar 18, 2009
Awesome! I was playing the first God of War at a friend's house, until he lost the disc. I was never able to finish, and I have yet to touch God of War 2. Now I can play both, in HD, on my PS3, on one disc, for just $40!

This made my day.