Sony Remastering God of War I and II for PS3

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
jboking said:
Simriel said:
jboking said:
Simriel said:
I am gonna go with, trying to fill a pretty clear release schedule.
...Have you seen the release schedule for this holiday season and the months leading up to it? There is a good game coming out at LEAST once a month.

fix-the-spade said:
So this is why they cut PS2 compatability, so they can repackage old games to sell at full price.

Marvellous.
You didn't see this coming the instant they cut the compatibility?

I still feel a little smug about the fact that I have a first gen PS3 that plays my old copy of GoW2. If it wasn't for the trophy update, I probably wouldn't even consider buying this.(yes, I really like getting trophies and achievements)
But how many are PS3 only?
Well, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and Demon Souls are all coming in October. Katamari Forever is coming out in September along with Mini Ninjas(a rather good psn title given the demo), LBP GOTY, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is coming to the ps3 with new content that wasn't available on the 360(take that as you will), and Need for Speed Shift. Earthworm jim is coming out, don't know if it's exclusive. Now top this with all of the stellar multiplatform games and I'd say they have a good lineup...and I don't have a big enough wallet.

Edit: Oh, and agent is supposed to come out by the end of the year. I don't see it happening, but what do I know.
I stand corrected

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
Keane Ng said:

Let's not jump to conclusions yet: God of War III looks pretty good, but it's not a sure thing until it actually comes out.

Of course! If it were on the 360 it would be solid gold before even a demo was screened right? >_> *sigh* whatever.

Anyways, I will definitely be getting this. Thank you Sony Santa Monica and Bluepoint!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
asiepshtain said:
nice, Now if the ico team does the same for ico and shadow of the colusous. I might even go buy me one of the PS3s I keep hearing anout.
Do. You. Have. Any. Idea. How. Amazing. That. Would. Be?

As for this, I have had a spontaneous nerd-gasm. I am definately going to pick this up as I've never fully finished God of War 2 and need to catch up on the games before God of War 3 arives.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
Interesting reasons. I believe MP2 having multiplayer in this trilogy is something they still haven't cleared up, as in, is it still there? I for one would love to see how MP2 multiplayer would pan out with that control scheme.

I'm wondering if it would have even been possible? The HUD behaves rather differently when it's in Cube control and Wii Remote control, but I guess anything is possible if they put their mind to it.
MP2 multiplayer is still there in MP Trilogy. I haven't tried it yet as I don't have a second nunchuck, which is perhaps its biggest shortcoming, as very few games require a second nunchuck so a lot of people don't have one.

I do wish they'd kept GC controls as an option, particularly for multiplayer, for just that reason. I mean, one of SSBB's greatest features is that it allows for virtually any control scheme you can think of.

Having never played the first two God of War games, I'll probably pick up this collection eventually. I suspect that the primary reason for its release is to make the 3rd game a more palatable purchase for those who haven't played the first two; a lot of people won't play (or in the case of movies, watch) a sequel without having experienced the original first.

P.S. Thanks

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Onmi said:
Do your own research, maybe you wont come off as an ignorant biased fool for once. (Note the wording)
Give the guy a break, at least he admitted he was wrong:
Simriel said:
I stand corrected
I will say, the "ps3 has no games/no lineup" thing is getting pretty fucking old...especially when it is far from true at this point...

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
The_Angry_Haruhist said:
I'll be dammed before I shell out money for a couple of games just because they have better graphics over the originals and trophies. Besides, my PS3 is backwards compatible, so I could just pick up the old versions at a much cheaper price.

Now if they added in extra content, then I would be more interested...
Buying GoW I and II brand new would cost you the same amount of scratch. Where did you learn math from?

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
jboking said:
Onmi said:
Do your own research, maybe you wont come off as an ignorant biased fool for once. (Note the wording)
Simriel said:
I stand corrected
I will say, the "ps3 has no games/no lineup" thing is getting pretty fucking old...especially when it is far from true at this point...
I don't pay attention to Sony so I didn't know.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Simriel said:
jboking said:
Onmi said:
Simriel said:
I stand corrected
I don't pay attention to Sony so I didn't know.
Well that is understandable, concerning from what I can see you are mainly a 360 and PC gamer. However, I would recommend getting a bit more knowledgeable about other companies and their assets before you comment on them.

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
That's pretty cool. I haven't played any God of War game (DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!!) but, I am thinking about getting a PS3 and if I do, I just might have to pick these two games up.

That would be cool if it did come with Chain of Olympus. It seems like that game would control better with a real controller.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
I'd appreciate it much more if they'd remastered old R&C games and released them on PSN. My appreciation of that would probably result in me buying a console.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
IdealistCommi said:
Since I havn't played the first two yet, I'm going to make sure to grab this.
+1, definently going to be worth a mear $40

Ghost8585

Jul 21, 2009
Onmi said:
Ghost8585 said:
Keane Ng said:

Let's not jump to conclusions yet: God of War III looks pretty good, but it's not a sure thing until it actually comes out.

Of course! If it were on the 360 it would be solid gold before even a demo was screened right? >_> *sigh* whatever.

Anyways, I will definitely be getting this. Thank you Sony Santa Monica and Bluepoint!
Okay sit. I've heard a lot of annoying shit on forums but this has to be the worst, while the site may or may not find something more news worthy they are not on there knees sucking anyones testicles. they are not being paid to say anything, if there is any bias the writer probably wouldn't be writing the article.

How's this, I accuse you of fucking your mum, it isn't nice is it I bet you feel insulted right after that don't you. Well you don't think they feel insulted that there journalist integrity has been treated as crap.
Don't tell me to sit. Don't talk down to me like I'm anything less they your peer and fellow gaming enthusiast. I simply don't like that statement and/or the tone it was written in. I assume nothing of said journalist, but some things simply not need to be said. That little quote could have easily been omitted and the article would be no less informative. It was simply unnecessary.

As for the accusation you leveled at me? Aside from being tasteless and unoriginal, I don't care.

asiepshtain

Apr 28, 2008
Jumplion said:
asiepshtain said:
nice, Now if the ico team does the same for ico and shadow of the colusous. I might even go buy me one of the PS3s I keep hearing anout.
Do. You. Have. Any. Idea. How. Amazing. That. Would. Be?

As for this, I have had a spontaneous nerd-gasm. I am definately going to pick this up as I've never fully finished God of War 2 and need to catch up on the games before God of War 3 arives.
Yes. It. Would. Make. Buy. A. PS3. :).

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
Fuck god of war, it does not need to run at 60 frames per second.

YOU FOOLS! YOU HAVE THE ABILITY to take a game and make it look BETTER and make it run FASTER than do so with a game that did not RUN WELL.

TAKE SHADOW OF THE FUCKING COLOSSUS AND GIVE ME 60 FPS DAMMIT!