Sony Selling Waterproof MP3 Player Inside Bottles of Water

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
On the subject of the storage capacity, 4GB works out at what, roughly 8 hours of music? Surely even for a regular gym goer that has to be at least a week's worth of music end to end? Plus, i don't know about anyone else, but i doubt i even have 8 hours of gym suitable music anyway.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Alma Mare said:
Because shifting the players' content once every week sure is hard annoying.
fixed this.

Vivi22 said:
Do you really need to listen to every single song you have while working out at the gym? Really? Because I don't buy that.
Granted i dont know all internal storage sizes on every model but i dont think there is a model out that would allow me to do that. My whole collection is closing to 50 GB. Granted, some albums are in FLAC which takes more space than MP3.

The point was - the need to swap playlists when instead normal people just want to have all their songs on the player and switch between playlists depending on a mood they are in without needing to go home and do a long and annoyign procedure of switching songs.

And while we're on the topic, most people don't buy dedicated mp3 players these days, and the number that do is just going to shrink in the long run. Why would I buy an mp3 player for carrying around when my phone does the same damn thing and I'm always carrying it anyway? Hell, why would I pay for a second device to do what my phone I already need does?
because your phone does not have a 30 day battery dedicated for music and can run out of juice doing other stuff. It also cannot play music in some situations (there are games that disable background app sounds for example). Whats more, due to touchscreen nature of phones they are much more fragile when used as audio player in dangerous enviroment. for example whole doing a fixup of my house i could easily place my mp3 player somewhere near the window and listen to music while i work, meanwhile the phone would likely choke on dust within couple days.

Alma Mare

Nov 14, 2010
Strazdas said:
Alma Mare said:
Because shifting the players' content once every week sure is hard annoying.
fixed this.

Vivi22 said:
Do you really need to listen to every single song you have while working out at the gym? Really? Because I don't buy that.
Granted i dont know all internal storage sizes on every model but i dont think there is a model out that would allow me to do that. My whole collection is closing to 50 GB. Granted, some albums are in FLAC which takes more space than MP3.

The point was - the need to swap playlists when instead normal people just want to have all their songs on the player and switch between playlists depending on a mood they are in without needing to go home and do a long and annoyign procedure of switching songs.

And while we're on the topic, most people don't buy dedicated mp3 players these days, and the number that do is just going to shrink in the long run. Why would I buy an mp3 player for carrying around when my phone does the same damn thing and I'm always carrying it anyway? Hell, why would I pay for a second device to do what my phone I already need does?
because your phone does not have a 30 day battery dedicated for music and can run out of juice doing other stuff. It also cannot play music in some situations (there are games that disable background app sounds for example). Whats more, due to touchscreen nature of phones they are much more fragile when used as audio player in dangerous enviroment. for example whole doing a fixup of my house i could easily place my mp3 player somewhere near the window and listen to music while i work, meanwhile the phone would likely choke on dust within couple days.
Plug the device into my computer. Select things you no longer want there. Hit delete. Select albuns you want to add. Hit Ctrl C/Ctrl V. Wow. So annoyance. Much aggravating.

Seriously, it's one thing not to be interested in the product, but to argue it's not fit for purpose is delusional. It's made with a very niche application in mind (freaking underwater). Normal people don't need their whole collection available while swimming. If I needed to pay for the 130 Gb necessary to hold my music library in a waterproofed format so I could have music for the roughly 4 hours a week I spend in a pool I'd be pissed at so much overkill.

As said, there are plenty of devices who can hold whole collections with a good interface and autonomy for every day use. That wasn't clearly the point of this particular device and expecting that is silly. Much like my arguing my swimming goggles make me look like a tart and fail to protect my eyes from the sun while I'm driving.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
*Hears gurgling music in our future*

Why does this make me think the next logical step is the Metalocalypse?