Sony Signs Licensing Deal for PlayStation Toys and Snacks

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sony Signs Licensing Deal for PlayStation Toys and Snacks

Sony has signed a deal with rights management group PlayStation [http://www.targetentertainmentgroup.com/] branded products including food and housewares.

Target will developer a line of "PlayStation apparel and accessories," according to a LittleBigPlanet [http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/Sony-licences-PlayStation-IPs-for-apparel-and-accessories]."

"We really want our consumers to have the ability to interact with our brands and characters in ways other than just on screen," she continued. "We feel Target Entertainment has the vibrancy and experience to help us do this successfully."

"To work with a brand like PlayStation, and its range of products, is a great opportunity for us," added Helen Howells, Target Entertainment's global brand director. "With a portfolio of fantastic games we will offer new and longer standing fans a range of products that will really add to their PlayStation experience."

Sony and Target haven't actually said they're looking for helpful suggestions from the general public but it seems quite clear to me that that's exactly what's called for. I think a Killzone 2 [http://www.killzone.com] nightlight would be a great way to start; just plug it into an outlet and let those cold, glowing orange eyes soothe away your child's worst nighttime fears.

What, you got a better idea?

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Hacky-Sackboy!

[small]Damn, that's actually not a bad idea.[/small]

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
Malygris said:
What, you got a better idea?

Surprise Your friends with the MGS4 Octo Camo ! (Comes in 1 size)

Can't get that helmet off ? no worries use the Killzine 2 M4 Revolver ! (May cause death)

Tired of your annoying boss ? why not prank with the Blads of Chaos form GOW3 ! (Requires Godlike Strength)

Need more weapons well Ratchet and Clank have it all for from the Grooveitron to the RYNO !
(May faint from the awesomeness of the weapons)

Want to see how tough Radec really is ? then simply call 555 helghast and you can fight him yourself !

Ever had the urge to go into Warhawk and blow stuff up well have no fear for 3 simple 9.95 payments you can soon have your own missle dodgeing hoverering,flying Warhawk !

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
Malygris said:
Hacky-Sackboy!
Tee hee hee X) I'd buy one of those!

Personally, though, I'd go for the Blades of Athena, and a little throne to sit on after a hard day.

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
Actually, a lot of Sony brands and licences would be good for birthday cakes.

Everyone likes cake.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Malygris said:
Hacky-Sackboy!

[small]Damn, that's actually not a bad idea.[/small]
I swear to god, that would fly off the shelves slightly slower than legalized crack. Hell, I'd buy twenty!

curlycrouton

Jul 13, 2008
If I was to eat a Sony food product, or any food product with an electronics brand attached to it, it'd just feel like eating wires and circuit boards. It would be plain weird, basically.

Sasha Janre

Apr 30, 2008
................. "Legendary" Ratchet and Clank? "Iconic" Sack-boy?

Did ... did I miss something somewhere?

sign me up for the hacky-sackboy, though!

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
YES!! Now I can finally have my very own Proto-Pet ^_^

EDIT: Oh my God, how cute would a Proto-Pet Koosh ball be?