Sony Still Losing Money on PS3

Rect Pola

May 19, 2009
Taking a hit is nothing new, but it usually to meet a price the masses will accept. Sony totally ignored the money involved and built too big a system. They took a huge hit to be "reasonable" but it didn't fly with old man marketplace. After a lot balancing cost and price, they're only now at a small lost, typical of the industry.

Blobpie

May 20, 2009
Well think about it, sure sony is losing money on each PS3, but if they weren't making some profit they wouldn't have dropped the price to $300 .

It's probably the games that are making up that last few dollars.

Jameswd

Dec 13, 2009
I loved that, "i cant wait for playstation to go under" comment. It reminded me of a post a saw a while ago saying with all the repair costs Microsoft will run out of money, people need to learn these types of things don't happen, both companies have more funding that most small countries.....

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
It doesn't matter if they post a loss for the ps3, it did it's job valiantly (making the blu ray the successor to the DVD, welcome $$$$ for all the movie deals and royalties down the track, god forbid a company invest in future sales). I don't think sony really care, no doubt the costs would've been drasticially cheaper if they were using DVDs like the xbox and nintendo. Sony consoles are no more dying than PC games.

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
80% of the comments on this thread = *WOOSH*

The prevailing logic seems to be:

The PS3 costs a lot to make. --> It must suck!